Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modding the Leatherman Juice?

00 Offline kosmo

• No Life Club
  • "All I need now i'th a can opener!"
Modding the Leatherman Juice?
on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:56 PM
Apart from removing the original pins and replacing them with pivot screws, is the Leatherman Juice easy to mod?  Mostly I would be interested in removing layers, for example from an XE6 or building one up from parts.  I would like an S2 and add the serrated blade in addition to the existing blade.
WTT Book: Victorinox - A Knife and Its History, see link:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57788.0.html
Will trade items for new/used Cadet Alox knives for mod projects.
Updated list: https://freeshell.de/~kosmo/sak/
:B: www.radiotell.ch

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Modding the Leatherman Juice?
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 03:40:06 PM
Maybe ask Steve he just die a slim Juice

From what I remember is that Metro complained about putting the backsprings in...
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline Modern SAK

Re: Modding the Leatherman Juice?
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 09:35:45 PM
Yeah it's easy. The back springs can be tough to get back in, but they do go in.

The way I did it, put the whole thing together and do the springs last. Look at the springs and make sure to put them together correctly. Like springs that go in the same slot, they sandwich together a certain way. Then slide them in, squeeze them, and beat them in. So on the knife, slide the spring up to the knife pivot and that will push the knife out. Then push on the spring and squeeze the knife closed so there's tension on the spring. Then beat it on a piece of wood. Beat it down right on that spring like you're hammering a nail in with the end of a screwdriver. Keep squeezing the knife down while beating it and the spring will pop in. If it's your first time it will seem really hard, but the second time I did it was a lot easier because I knew it worked and wasn't afraid to beat it. The very last couple of taps, handle the thing so you hit right on the springs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%