Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My bid for BO Tool Level 1 Badge

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
My bid for BO Tool Level 1 Badge
on: November 23, 2015, 09:17:50 PM
Trying to get caught-up on the badge-movement. :tu: I submit to the forum my three black oxide beauties: MP400, MP600, and PowerDuo. I bought my MP400 back in 2004 before my first deployment. I carried everyday of that deployment and a second deployment in 2008. It has not seen a lot of use over the years besides that, but I do carry it more often the last few years. I won the PowerDuo during an MTO Anniversary Giveaway. I carried it long enough to gather some opinions on it so I could create a review for MTO. Otherwise, I have only scarcely used it. And my MP600 joined the ranks last summer when my Squadron started issuing them to all the Facility Managers. I still haven't replaced those smurfing carbide cutters that shattered after the first time I used them >:(

Black Beauty!

"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: My bid for BO Tool Level 1 Badge
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:25:46 PM
Very nice.   :tu:   I have the feeling my MP600 will be looking similar soon.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:49:39 PM
My Blunt nosed black and white MP600 looked like that for aa while, until i finally finagled Gerber into sending me a pair of the smurfers.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 11:56:24 PM
It's really frustrating - the MP600 is such a beast (although the tool load on the basic model is pitiful; no saw or scissors) but it is a complete pansy when it comes to wire cutting. I don't understand why they don't offer 154cm cutters as an option? Well, really they should be the standard offering and the carbide should be optional. The idea behind the MP600 cutters is awesome, indexable so if one edge gets jacked, you can just turn them 120o  :tu: but they ruined it by making them out of stunt-glass
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:58:25 PM by rdub934 »
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:02:40 PM
Yeah, the indexable idea was fantastic. In fact, almost everything about Gerber's cutters was great.  However I gotta wonder what they were thinking making them out of carbide. I feel like they were originally made of something else, and right before production someone changed the material without testing.

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:05:35 PM
This is why I avoid the carbides these days. My MP600 has plain cutters.
SAW

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 04:13:16 PM
I wonder if we can get someone to make a set of 154cm cutters for gerbers...

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 11:59:04 PM
I wonder if we can get someone to make a set of 154cm cutters for gerbers...

Hmmmm........  :think:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 01:01:27 PM
Now that it has been mentioned here I imagine one of the big companies will announce new 154cm cutters....

It's amusing to see how often that happens.....

Completely unrelated of course......

Absolutely. ....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 08:08:43 PM
Now that it has been mentioned here I imagine one of the big companies will announce new 154cm cutters....

Absolutely. ....

Def
To be honest, id rather Gerber steal my idea and actually make SS cutters that fit in the same place as the carbide ones, than do it myself. Itd be cheaper for me to just buy a set for $10 from them than go through the time and effort of designing, and then contracting out the prototyping and machining to someone else...

Gerber, if you are reading this, please make this reality. Thank you.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 10:30:11 PM

Absolutely. ....

Def
To be honest, id rather Gerber steal my idea and actually make SS cutters that fit in the same place as the carbide ones, than do it myself. Itd be cheaper for me to just buy a set for $10 from them than go through the time and effort of designing, and then contracting out the prototyping and machining to someone else...

Gerber, if you are reading this, please make this reality. Thank you.

I second. Come on Gerber, this will make your MP600 that much better. Give the people what they want!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%