Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your favorite leatherman?

Hiodro · 94 · 9902

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What is your favorite leatherman?
Reply #60 on: December 11, 2015, 01:34:11 AM
Wave Gen 1 has been seeing belt time since getting it. 
Wave BO can be seen from time to time just because it a great tool.

For work I'm really liking my OHT when I know I'll have a lot of plier action. 
I also have enjoyed carrying my MUT however my most favorite work tool is BO Surge. 

Honorable mention to my 2 Squirt PS4s.  I have one on my small tools keychain for work and one on my minimal tools keychain for off days. 

Esse Quam Videri

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: December 12, 2015, 10:04:17 AM
How do you like your OHT? I've heard mixed things about it. What would you compare it too in terms of tool set and close competitor for function?

Love it!!!

The pliers fit my hands perfectly and I find I can put quite a bit of force on them without stretching my hands. I also like the fact that all the tools are on the outside and can be opened with One Hand. In saying that, I would have liked a longer plain blade and possibly a file instead of a saw.
Here in Oz we need to exercise some caution in carrying tools with blades. Having the OHT, I can get away with the fact that it is to an extent focused on First Responders. I am a train driver and have no trouble at all carrying it, but that fact helps a little too.

The only other tool I had that was similar was a Gerber 400, which I did not like at all. The Leatherman feels better, IMHO and I prefer the tools on the outside.

Cheers,

Pete

us Offline Hiodro

Reply #62 on: December 12, 2015, 10:03:55 PM
How do you like your OHT? I've heard mixed things about it. What would you compare it too in terms of tool set and close competitor for function?

Love it!!!

The pliers fit my hands perfectly and I find I can put quite a bit of force on them without stretching my hands. I also like the fact that all the tools are on the outside and can be opened with One Hand. In saying that, I would have liked a longer plain blade and possibly a file instead of a saw.
Here in Oz we need to exercise some caution in carrying tools with blades. Having the OHT, I can get away with the fact that it is to an extent focused on First Responders. I am a train driver and have no trouble at all carrying it, but that fact helps a little too.

The only other tool I had that was similar was a Gerber 400, which I did not like at all. The Leatherman feels better, IMHO and I prefer the tools on the outside.

Cheers,

Pete
Thanks for the input, I've been looking at the silver scaled version. I don't know if I'd enjoy the molle sheath though.
I have a Leatherman surge, rebar, wave, and a super tool 300. I can also solve 3x3x3, 2x2x2, and 2x2x4 rubix cubes.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:47 PM
Thanks for the input, I've been looking at the silver scaled version. I don't know if I'd enjoy the molle sheath though.

I made a Leather sheath for it. I don't find the Molle comfortable to wear at all.

Pete

us Offline Hiodro

Reply #64 on: December 12, 2015, 11:09:33 PM

I made a Leather sheath for it. I don't find the Molle comfortable to wear at all.

Pete
I'm stuck between trying to make my own leather sheath or buying a skinth catch all. The skinth is very close to everything I want but I prefer leather to nylon. Choices are always hard.
I have a Leatherman surge, rebar, wave, and a super tool 300. I can also solve 3x3x3, 2x2x2, and 2x2x4 rubix cubes.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: December 13, 2015, 10:43:55 AM
I'm stuck between trying to make my own leather sheath or buying a skinth catch all. The skinth is very close to everything I want but I prefer leather to nylon. Choices are always hard.

Go ahead and try. I looked closely at the Leatherman sheaths and started to copy the ones I liked. That gave me enough practice and confidence to start "designing" what I wanted. Start with a paper template and work from there. I have a Skinth for my Juice Pro. They are well made and well worth the money.

I'm happy to help with pics and advice if needed.

Sorry for derailing the thread a little.

Cheers,

Pete

us Offline Hiodro

Reply #66 on: December 13, 2015, 07:23:04 PM

Go ahead and try. I looked closely at the Leatherman sheaths and started to copy the ones I liked. That gave me enough practice and confidence to start "designing" what I wanted. Start with a paper template and work from there. I have a Skinth for my Juice Pro. They are well made and well worth the money.

I'm happy to help with pics and advice if needed.

Sorry for derailing the thread a little.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks for the input. So give it a shot, if I fail skinth is a good idea. Not a problem.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: December 13, 2015, 07:26:36 PM
For me its the first mt i owned,the original wave  :salute:
P1010219-5.jpeg
* P1010219-5.jpeg (Filesize: 100.78 KB)

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: December 13, 2015, 11:22:49 PM
Without a doubt, my all time favourite has to be the Genus.

It was and is such a remarkable feat of engineering, not least by the fact that it actually did the job it was built to perform. I struggle to grasp why they (Leatherman) dropped the pruners, it gave leatherman an opportunity to reach out and tap into market areas that would not normally need or use a regular multitool.

A beautifully crafted piece of engineering in my view that was dropped before its time.
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #69 on: December 13, 2015, 11:31:18 PM
PST!  Slim, lightweight, such an efficient use of volume....I love it.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:37 AM
Thanks for the input. So give it a shot, if I fail skinth is a good idea. Not a problem.

Some inspiration
IMGP2347.JPG
* IMGP2347.JPG (Filesize: 149.08 KB)
IMGP2349.JPG
* IMGP2349.JPG (Filesize: 165.98 KB)
IMGP2346.JPG
* IMGP2346.JPG (Filesize: 160.43 KB)
IMGP2350.JPG
* IMGP2350.JPG (Filesize: 139.84 KB)

de Offline leatherman-shop.de

Reply #71 on: December 14, 2015, 11:47:49 AM

Some inspiration
Nice work  :salute:
multitools for the one leaving nothing undone

us Offline Hiodro

Reply #72 on: December 14, 2015, 02:49:23 PM

Some inspiration
Nice work  :salute:
+1

ca Offline JP

Reply #73 on: December 14, 2015, 04:35:36 PM
My currently missing gold plated skeletool

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #74 on: December 14, 2015, 04:55:27 PM

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #75 on: December 14, 2015, 06:53:11 PM
My favorite and my current EDC....
I have been messing around with it and turn it into a mini-Surge, so far the Wingman scissors work good for me and they have been incredibly useful, so does the awl. Also did a little mod to the sheath ;)
1.JPG
* 1.JPG (Filesize: 97.95 KB)
2.JPG
* 2.JPG (Filesize: 50.54 KB)
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

se Offline Mextreme

Reply #76 on: December 14, 2015, 08:16:29 PM

Always the next one.  😫

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #77 on: December 15, 2015, 01:54:29 AM
I have been messing around with it and turn it into a mini-Surge, so far the Wingman scissors work good for me and they have been incredibly useful, so does the awl. Also did a little mod to the sheath ;)
Why the hole if I may ask?

us Offline bdAmmo

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: December 15, 2015, 05:54:03 AM

Sheath carry in open position like the newer Leatherman nylon sheaths?  Just a guess.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: December 15, 2015, 06:16:49 AM
Crunch paired with a wave. Unstoppable :D

us Offline yourbadneighbor

Reply #80 on: December 15, 2015, 07:03:01 AM

Sheath carry in open position like the newer Leatherman nylon sheaths?  Just a guess.
I have seen a crunch,  but where can I see a Crunch/Wave Combo? I am drooling thinking about it!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #81 on: December 15, 2015, 07:19:36 AM

I like molded sheaths and this one is actually for the discontinued original Wave but I added the snap button because the Velcro is weak and since the new Wave fit a little tight, the hole helps because I can use my index finger or middle finger to raise it upward to easily grasp and remove it, and I can also storage the tool with the pliers out ;)
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: December 15, 2015, 01:55:03 PM

I have seen a crunch,  but where can I see a Crunch/Wave Combo? I am drooling thinking about it!

Sorry I was unclear, I meant that my favorite carry, is a Crunch in a sheath, and a wave w/ pocket clip. its a great combo :tu:

us Offline yourbadneighbor

Reply #83 on: December 15, 2015, 02:55:26 PM

Sorry I was unclear, I meant that my favorite carry, is a Crunch in a sheath, and a wave w/ pocket clip. its a great combo :tu:
I have been thinking about adding a Crunch to my Wave/Mirca Carry Combo.
I just have not found a store anywhere that carries them so I can see one. 

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #84 on: December 15, 2015, 03:15:44 PM
Well along side the Surge the ST300 and the Tti are the ones I carry the most.

But I must get another side clip as mine is nib and I really like that tool. My OG Wave has been retired and that is another that I would happily carry everyday again.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #85 on: December 18, 2015, 05:43:47 AM

I have been thinking about adding a Crunch to my Wave/Mirca Carry Combo.
I just have not found a store anywhere that carries them so I can see one. 

One of the Soldiers I worked with last week has one. It is smaller then I thought it would be but the vise grip pliers work perfectly.

Am getting one as soon as the account recovers from the Christmas and early January daughters birthday 1 2 punch.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: December 18, 2015, 10:15:33 AM
I've really come to appreciate the thin profile and small frame of the crunch, its definitely proved itself, considering its small size that initially had me concerned. 

fi Offline temo

Reply #87 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:24 PM

ST300 is favourite at the moment. Style PS and juice XE6 close behind. XE6 is great but a bit too heavy, maybe some day I get S2 model from juice series. Until then ST300 is favourite.

With ST I like inside tools. When you need something, you open the "toolbox" and select the tool needed. Juice again is more multitool then toolbox. Pocket knife with pliers and other tools. ST I again see more like a toolbox type of multitool.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #88 on: December 18, 2015, 03:23:25 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

ST300 is favourite at the moment. Style PS and juice XE6 close behind. XE6 is great but a bit too heavy, maybe some day I get S2 model from juice series. Until then ST300 is favourite.

With ST I like inside tools. When you need something, you open the "toolbox" and select the tool needed. Juice again is more multitool then toolbox. Pocket knife with pliers and other tools. ST I again see more like a toolbox type of multitool.

Welcome to the forum temo  :cheers:

au Offline PPCAPache

Reply #89 on: December 20, 2015, 07:25:00 AM
For me it has been my Surge and then Wave, however now it is my Skeletool CX

1) Leatherman Skeletool CX
2) Leatherman Surge v2
3) Leatherman Wave

Founder & Chief UAV Pilot at Elevated Drone Control Zone

Rotation EDC: LM MUT, LM OHT, Fenix LD12 / LD22, Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Bit Card, Bit Extender, TEC Ti-Pry Bar, Garmin Tactix Delta, LM Tread LT, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro (2020) 12.9”,

Other EDC: LM Surge, LM Wave, LM Wave BO, Skeletool & Skeletool KBX Coyote Tan, The RIT [Rapid Intervention Tool], Zippo Lighter,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%