Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone happen to have a US Marine Corps logo SAK they'd part with?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
I had an email from someone who really wanted to gift one to his father.  He said his father had bought one 20 years ago and it was stolen by TSFA post 9/11.  I felt bad and was hoping I could track someone down who had one they'd part with and I could give him the contact info.   He said his dad still talks about that old SAK and misses it, and I cant help but want to help out another SAK enthusiast.   :)

So if you have one to sell, or have any idea where to track one down I'd appreciate it.  I did quick look on ebay but nothing turned up.  Ive never seen one but he said the USMC logo was in place of where the Vic logo normally was.  I assume it is a 91.

Cheers   :salute:
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline ColoSwiss

They did the Spartan with the U. S. Marine Corps and Navy logos, and the Classic with logos for all four services. The knives were sold mainly through US military base exchanges (BXs) back in the 1990s. The Classics show up fairly regularly on ebay; the Spartans are rather rare. Sorry, but I don't have a spare one of either.

IMG_6902.JPG
* IMG_6902.JPG (Filesize: 34.61 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Send Wayne an email.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1219

He's your safest bet to have one I'd say.

us Offline s1xty7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Classic-SD-Swiss-Army-knife-US-Marines-excellent-vintage-screw-3736-/301793130558?hash=item464445b83e:g:83cAAOSwAYtWPkAP

Thanks for the link.  With the posted rarity on the larger one, at least there is one out there to see.  I learn all sorts of new stuff every time I come on this site.

Syph, good luck on your search.  If I had one, I'd send it your way.

Edit:
If you can't find one, what about a Syph custom with etched logo on the scale?  Not trying to put you on the spot in any way; just an idea.  I would gladly donate to help cover the cost.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:59:45 AM by s1xty7 »

us Offline s1xty7

I meant Modify and not Quote.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.  :whistle:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
They did the Spartan with the U. S. Marine Corps and Navy logos, and the Classic with logos for all four services. The knives were sold mainly through US military base exchanges (BXs) back in the 1990s. The Classics show up fairly regularly on ebay; the Spartans are rather rare. Sorry, but I don't have a spare one of either.

Thanks for the info, if the spartans are rare he's probably out of luck.

Cheers  :salute:
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62