Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hunter XT is ticket for hunters

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Hunter XT is ticket for hunters
on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:07 AM
Deer season is in full swing here.  I got one during bow season and have one now in gun season.  In both cases, I quickly and easily field dressed the deer.  In one case, I wanted to see how good the Hunter XT was.  I decided to complete all the processing with it from skinning to completing all butchering.

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
Re: Hunter XT is ticket for hunters
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 02:35:08 AM
That is too cool buddy :2tu:  :drool: :drool: :drool:
SAW

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:37:28 AM
Well done. Nothing like filling the freezer yourself.  :tu:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 02:46:05 AM
That is too cool buddy :2tu:  :drool: :drool: :drool:

+100  great work!!!!!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

au Offline lshaw

Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:53:52 AM
I'm a massive fan of victorinox in general, but I find the Hunter XT to be an exception to my fanaticism. During use of the main plain edge blade, i find the gut/serrated blade to be particularly uncomfortable on the palm/fingers - leading to an un-ergonomic grip.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 03:16:57 AM
I'm a massive fan of victorinox in general, but I find the Hunter XT to be an exception to my fanaticism. During use of the main plain edge blade, i find the gut/serrated blade to be particularly uncomfortable on the palm/fingers - leading to an un-ergonomic grip.

Geeze, I don't know...

Using the plain blade, I hold it more like a dinner knife so not much contact with the gut blade.

I use the gut blade to vertically slice the fascia.  I hold the knife like a handle and the motion is sort of like I'm lifting the carcass with the knife. 

Start to finish, I can field dress in about 10 minutes.  Hard to complain about a tool for that sort of turn around time
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:18:38 AM by Mr. Whippy »

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 03:26:34 AM

Geeze, I don't know...

Using the plain blade, I hold it more like a dinner knife so not much contact with the gut blade.

I use the gut blade to vertically slice the fascia.  I hold the knife like a handle and the motion is sort of like I'm lifting the carcass with the knife. 

Start to finish, I can field dress in about 10 minutes.  Hard to complain about a tool for that sort of turn around time

Have to say it sounds easier than 2 fingers and a Schrade fixed while stressing over a punctured bowel. I'm sold.  :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 03:37:08 AM

Geeze, I don't know...

Have to say it sounds easier than 2 fingers and a Schrade fixed while stressing over a punctured bowel. I'm sold.  :tu:

That's the worse. All you have to do is puncture it once and you are always extremely careful. Kind of like burning your hand on the stove. Makes you learn real quick.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 03:44:54 AM

Geeze, I don't know...

That's the worse. All you have to do is puncture it once and you are always extremely careful. Kind of like burning your hand on the stove. Makes you learn real quick.  :D

Amen brother!!!  :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 05:05:48 AM

That's the old method.

I've been using these tools for several years.
DSCN1883-1.jpg
* DSCN1883-1.jpg (Filesize: 168.66 KB)
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 06:34:04 AM

That's the old method.

Been unable to hunt for about 12 years so guess I've been outta the loop! :tu:  Have something coming that will work I think.

OHP.jpg
* OHP.jpg (Filesize: 57.47 KB)
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 07:14:02 AM

That's the old method.

Been unable to hunt for about 12 years so guess I've been outta the loop! :tu:  Have something coming that will work I think.

Parachutist.

I was able to buy two of those right here last year.

I just started to see these on ebay in the last several weeks.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 07:24:32 AM

That's the old method.

Parachutist.

Yes an OH model. Wanted one for a while and stumbled on to one tonight....was being glib about the hunting thing (though it would work just fine). The Wenger Hunters will work as well.   :tu:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 07:32:38 AM

That's the old method.

Parachutist.

Yes an OH model. Wanted one for a while and stumbled on to one tonight....was being glib about the hunting thing (though it would work just fine). The Wenger Hunters will work as well.   :tu:

One of our favorite companies has these for $35.00 on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-111-mm-One-Hand-Parachutist-Swiss-Army-Knife-Black-/252140925572?hash=item3ab4c53284:g:J8wAAOSwl9BWLKu5

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

That's the old method.

Parachutist.

One of our favorite companies has these for $35.00 on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-111-mm-One-Hand-Parachutist-Swiss-Army-Knife-Black-/252140925572?hash=item3ab4c53284:g:J8wAAOSwl9BWLKu5

Great price! :tu:

Mine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-One-Hand-Parachutist-Black-Free-Shipping-/221955742417?hash=item33ad97dad1:g:bkgAAOSwv-NWXMH7

I think these are all new old stock so when they are gone they are gone.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 07:46:44 AM
I thought that name looked familiar.

I bought this Spartan from him.It's more than I like to pay for a Spartan but it has an eagle on it.LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Spartan-Limited-Edition-US-Flag-and-Bald-Eagle-/321711988494?hash=item4ae7875f0e:g:4iYAAOSw-7RVGwyU

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 07:56:08 AM
I thought that name looked familiar.

I bought this Spartan from him.It's more than I like to pay for a Spartan but it has an eagle on it.LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Knife-Spartan-Limited-Edition-US-Flag-and-Bald-Eagle-/321711988494?hash=item4ae7875f0e:g:4iYAAOSw-7RVGwyU

That's awesome!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:  I think I bought from him before but it was a couple of years ago. Try to buy used when I can unless it's scarce/rare and I'm pining for it. (like that high dollar Locksmith)  :facepalm:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 08:17:32 AM
good hunting shots  :D

For the game I have to dress a penknife is usually enough  :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%