Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Evo Jr and Tempo

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Gerber Evo Jr and Tempo
on: December 30, 2015, 12:41:49 AM
Picked up the combo pack at Wally World last night for $19 and change. I've been playing with them constantly since then and I am happy with the purchase. The Tempo is a decent light, although I prefer an actual tail switch to the weird twist tail this one uses. Although you can use it like a tail-switch if you leave it just barely unscrewed, you can push on it hard and it will come on momentarily. It has good enough brightness for a cheap AAA light and a mostly white color with no dark spot. Most of all, it is very small and doesn't weigh much. I like the Evo Jr, too. I have been looking at smaller folders for EDC purposes and this one meets my specifications for light weight, no more than 3.75 closed, and narrow/thin with a pocket clip. I have to say though, it is not very sharp out of the package. At any rate, for the price I am quite pleased.

Evo Jr

Tempo

Anybody got any love or hate for these two Gerbers that they wish to share with the thread?
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: Gerber Evo Jr and Tempo
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 02:44:34 AM
Not a fan of the evo or evo jr, mostly because they are (in my opinion) pretty blatant and cheap copies of an already inexpensive knife, the CRKT M16. Gerbers version just isnt as good (considering that the CRKT can be had for only a few dolars more), and their boldness in ripping off CRKT just irks me.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 03:00:07 AM
Hahaha, yea it is a blatant ripoff of the M16. Which I would have gotten but it's a quarter inch longer than what I am looking for - at 4" closed it's too long for the key pocket in my jeans.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 06:23:30 AM
Had a friend get an Evo jr. Decent little knife, until he decided to try to start a fire with sparks off a random rock, using the blade.... He later asked if I could sharpen it for him :facepalm:
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD