Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tempered glass / plexiglass screen protectors

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Tempered glass / plexiglass screen protectors
on: January 08, 2016, 02:41:27 PM
Well the kids got iPods for Xmas, what one idk, all I know it's better then the one that we got like five years ago that sits on the alarm clock.. Anyway, of course we had to get screen protectors and some type of case to go with them, worst part was the fact that the little guy scratched his on Xmas day.. So we looked around and I saw these glass ones that are suppose to be sooo much better then the ones that we've used on any electronic! So I showed the wife and she said yeah let's try it,, well it came in and I couldn't believe how thick these things are, heck you can hold it by the very corners after you take the one side of protection off and it stands out straight, unlike the others, with its own protection on both sides, and sooo much easier to apply, just hold at all four corners align and drop into place then watch it push all the air out it self and done, rather then having to work it from two points  then roll it and pray you get it in place then have to smooth it out! So I told the wife to get two for us, for our iPads, we haven't had new screen protectors since idk when? When I took the old ones off mine had some film under it, so I had to get it off before I could do anything, but after just plopped it on, I must say everything is so much clearer,, much smoother too! Their a little more expensive then your normal flimsy ones but I think so far well worth it! Sorry no pics, but I still have one more coming in. I just couldn't believe how thick these things are, and not that I'm going to try hitting it with a hammer to see if they work as they say they do.. But wow, I'm stunned!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Tempered glass / plexiglass screen protectors
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 02:31:19 PM
Sounds good.   :tu:   I need to replace the one on my phone but it'll just be a cheap generic type.

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 07:10:46 PM
Yep after start using one on my current phone I won't go back to the plastic type anymore. Wish it was a bit thinner though.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 11:42:27 PM
Yep after start using one on my current phone I won't go back to the plastic type anymore. Wish it was a bit thinner though.
They are a tad thick!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 04:56:16 AM
I've always had the plastic ones on my phones, and honestly never really liked them.  I got a replacement iPhone not too long ago, and put a glass protector on it, and it's way better.  It's just like using the screen in regards to the feel of it, and the clarity.  It is a tad thicker, but worth it IMHO.  I won't be going back to the plastic ones.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%