Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Couteaux Suisse - dreadful experience

tosh · 9 · 2170

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Couteaux Suisse - dreadful experience
on: January 14, 2016, 06:23:07 PM
Since the beginning of December 2015 I have frantically been trying to find several Wenger Ranger models. Both Tattoosteve99 & Lowtech have helped me enormously, but there were still other models I was eager to find.
Virtually nothing is now available in the UK. I've had to order from the Czech Republic, Ukraine, Germany, USA and France. All, with the exception of France have been faultless.

Couteaux Suisse..... :facepalm:
The Wenger model in question was the Olive Green Ranger (61.823). I couldn't find it anywhere except here:-

http://www.couteaux-suisse.fr/couteaux-ranger-grip-wenger/305-couteau-suisse-wenger-rangergrip-61823x-6-pieces-11-fonctions-131-g-12cm.html

I sent an email a few days before Christmas, both times the email was rejected. So in desperation I decided to buy, using the safety net of PayPal.

My order was placed on 24/12/15. Obviously I knew I would hear nothing until the new year. On 4/1/16 I received confirmation that my order was being processed and would be posted shortly. The parcel arrived 12/1/16.

Throughout this time my order constantly displayed the item I had ordered in the link above.
Imagine my utter dismay upon opening the parcel to find the instantly recognisable silver box.....victorinox!!
No!! It can't be!!!!
Sure enough inside was Vics version of what I had ordered. The enclosed receipt clearly states that I have purchased the Wenger 61.823. My order invoice also states Wenger 61.823. My order confirmation also states Wenger 61.823... Yet they've sent me the Vic Clone!!! :rant:

I immediately sent an email demanding to know why they had sent the Vic.... No response. So yesterday I wrote another email and translated it into French, still no reply!!!

I am beside myself with sheer rage at this online seller. They have clearly obtained my money by deception and will not have the decency to admit error and offer me an apology or refund.
I will find out how to get my money back from PayPal and will never use this seller again.
I would strongly advise all members to be very wary if they decide to deal with Couteaux Suisse....you may very well receive an unpleasant surprise.

As for the Vic....I don't want it. As far as I'm concerned it will either be returned or traded here.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 143.13 KB)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:39:14 PM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Re: Couteaux Suisse - dreadful experience
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:09 PM
Tosh,

far as i know you can file a claim with paypal stating item not as advertised (something like that) and paypal take it from there.

more importantly, for your own well being, forget the rage bit, i appreciate this is important to you but rage only raises your BP and makes you unhappy :)

all the best,
eamo
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:15:24 PM
Cheers eamo

Since the above was posted I've contacted PayPal and sent the seller yet another email using paypals message box. If no joy I'll then escalate it to the resolution centre and let paypal take control.
As for the "rage" bit..... Maybe slightly OTT  :facepalm:  But I am so passionate about Wenger. The Vic Ranger clones do absolutely nothing for me, I view them as if they're somehow fake Wengers.

If anyone knows where I can still get the above Wenger Range 61.823, please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:43:05 PM by tosh »

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:37:05 PM
Cheers eamo

Since the above was posted I've contacted PayPal and sent the seller yet another email using paypals message box. If no joy I'll then escalate it to the resolution centre and let paypal take control.
As for the "rage" bit..... Maybe slightly OTT  :facepalm:  But I am so passionate about Wenger. The Vic Ranger clones do absolutely nothing for me, I view them as if they're somehow fake Wengers.

If anyone knows where I can still get the above Wenger Range 61.823, please let me know.

I can understand why you like the Wenger Rangers so much, I've got a small collection of Wenger and Vic Rangers as well, I like them both, but the Wenger Rangers do have more ... how should I put it ... character and authenticity. 

I found most of mine during my trips to Switzerland and Liechtenstein where I could see them before I bought them, because I feared that online sellers would not know or care about the difference between the Wenger and the Vic version.  Anyway, even if they don't see the difference between the two, they should respond to your mail and make things right for you.

If that's the way they handle these kind of things at Couteaux Suisse, I'm not going to order there ...

Thanks for the heads up mate, hope paypal will fix it for you :salute:.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 10:42:03 PM
I have nothing to add Tosh other than I'm sure PP will sort it out for you.  In the mean time hopefully someone can locate the Ranger you're seeking. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 12:26:24 AM
Update:

Seller has still made no reply to any of my 5 emails!
2 sent prior to purchase
2 sent after item arrived
1 sent via PayPal message box to seller

I've escalated the claim.  Seller is still using the same webpage. Pretty certain I'm not the only unsuspecting buyer falling for his bogus listing.

Pretty diabolical however you look at it!!

Just hope I get my money back.

If anyone here is a member of other forums - maybe a good idea to give their fellow members a heads up to warn others who may also be scouring the net for missing Wengers.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 12:40:11 AM by tosh »

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 01:45:12 AM
You have a PM Tosh.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:00:51 AM
As annoying as it may be for a collector, I guess to most buyers it´s the same knife anyways.
But it would be correct to update the web pahge and advertise the follow-up from Vic nonetheless.
As for not answering eMial, that is just bad manners however you look at it.

I hope you will be able to resolve the issue and source the Ranger!

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 10:09:57 AM
Well, that's both bad form and bad business practice from them. Thanks for the heads up. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Monty Python - The French Taunt

This situation reminded me of this scene, let's hope it'll cheer you up a bit :D
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD