Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alan's EDC kit

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Alan's EDC kit
on: January 31, 2016, 09:25:49 PM
This is just some of my EDC pocket carry and a few extra bits that I keep in a bag, back pack, or briefcase close at hand whenever I am out.  I rotate other gear in and out, especially knives and multitools.  In this case you can see the SOG PowerLock since I've been doing the January SOG Power challenge.  Anyway, I figure I should list what it all is and include some commentary in case anyone is interested.

1 Sig Sauer P-250c in a Sam Andrews MacDaniel II holster.  I've had this holster for over 20 years!

2 Ultrafire WF-502B.  It's a 5 mode LED flashlight with extra batteries in the orange waterproof match cases pictured here next to it.  The last picture also shows the flashlight next to the black Huntsman that I got last week.  Can't wait to carry it now that the SOG challenge is almost over.

3 Rado watch.  I've no idea what model it is.  According to the importer, The Swatch Group, it is a model that was only sold in Europe or in Duty Free stores and mine was purchased from the Miami company that supplied the Duty Free stores on the cruise ships down here.

4 Myerchin Titanium Rigging knife T377P great little knife that only weighs about 3.5 ounces even with the marlin spike.  I included the photo of the Myerchin with my Spirit so you could see it open.  I like having a serrated knife for cutting fibrous material, but I'll get the plain edge if I get another one because it is very hard to sharpen this one.

5 My Mont Blanc pens, both with medium tips and blue ink.  I come from an old school banking family, and back in the day, before color copiers, you had to sign important documents in blue so people could tell they were the unaltered originals and they even had stamps that said original document signed in blue ink.

6 My phone.  Pretty much standard these days, except for my mom who has steadfastly refused to get a smart phone.

Not shown are mostly incidentals.  I have a 5V battery back up in case my phone runs out, assorted cords, and I usually carry a couple of Zone meal replacement bars and a couple of water bottles in my bag.  I sometimes bring my camera with me and I have a pocket size umbrella that I bring if the weather looks bad.
PLday8.JPG
* PLday8.JPG (Filesize: 338.93 KB)
P1100466.JPG
* P1100466.JPG (Filesize: 477.57 KB)
P1100618.JPG
* P1100618.JPG (Filesize: 269.47 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Alan's EDC kit
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:43:05 PM
Flashlight badge awarded.   :cheers:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:03:51 PM
Thank you sir.  Here are some more of my flashlights.  The limited edition, brass, AA mini-mag light is by far my favorite, but it is too heavy to carry.
P1100622.JPG
* P1100622.JPG (Filesize: 381.91 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:20:03 PM
That brass one looks great.   :tu:   :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!