Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Skinth

au Offline SuperDavid

Skinth
on: February 02, 2016, 07:37:37 AM
Anyone had trouble getting in contact with Eric this last month?

He doesn't seem to be replying to my emails

au Offline SuperDavid

Re: Skinth
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 06:41:26 AM
I must be the only one!

Didnt receive my sheath near the end of last year and now he's uncontactable.

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:18 PM
This does not sound like Eric to me. Try contacting him via PM over MTO. The only times it took longer were when he moved with his business and when he was on Honeymoon. Otherwise he usually answered my mails and even dumb questions regarding his mods in about 48 hrs max.

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 03:57:48 AM
This does not sound like Eric to me. Try contacting him via PM over MTO. The only times it took longer were when he moved with his business and when he was on Honeymoon. Otherwise he usually answered my mails and even dumb questions regarding his mods in about 48 hrs max.
Yes Ive read very good things about him here!
I'm hoping he's just busy, but to be honest, even a busy person would have managed get back to me by now.  Last contact was mid December, its going on two months now.  I guess I'll try a private message on here.

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 06:29:09 AM
still no reply to emails or private messages on here.

I guess my money is gone.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 07:43:56 AM
Don't give up yet mate.
He said on FB earlier this week that he is working on clearing the queue.
I'll ask one of the FB people to follow it up for you.

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 08:55:05 AM
Don't give up yet mate.
He said on FB earlier this week that he is working on clearing the queue.
I'll ask one of the FB people to follow it up for you.
thanks mate!!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 12:15:31 PM
I spoke to Eric a couple of weeks ago when someone else had a similar problem getting in touch with him.  He told me then that he was pretty swamped and he was responding to folks, just it was taking a bit longer than he'd have liked.

I'll give him a heads up and I'm sure he'll respond as quickly as he can.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 07:39:15 PM
Thanks guys!

He sent me a quick message on here, as you guys said, it sounds like he's working his way through it. 
I have no problem with that.  I'll wait my turn.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 11:56:52 PM
Remember to post pics when it arrives.

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 02:40:07 PM
still no luck or progress, I fear its lost in the post forever.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 11:56:21 AM
Sorry to hear you are still waiting. When and what was the last thing you heard from him? Even if it's been sent postage can take ages.

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 08:59:03 PM
Sorry to hear you are still waiting. When and what was the last thing you heard from him? Even if it's been sent postage can take ages.
Last thing I heard was a private message on here Feb 9, saying he had just finished digging into december orders and was just starting on Jan orders.  The only problem with that is my order is from 9th November 2015.

au Offline Rossko07

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 09:40:06 PM
Seriously I wouldn't worry. I've bought two in the past and both times I've had to wait a long time. At SKINTH they are very busy. Do you still have your order receipt? If so perhaps email him with the order number and ask for an update? It will get sorted :tu:

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 10:13:18 PM
Last thing I heard was a private message on here Feb 9, saying he had just finished digging into december orders and was just starting on Jan orders.  The only problem with that is my order is from 9th November 2015.

Hey Dave, we have been having a LOT of trouble shipping to Australia, about 25% of the packages go missing, NO idea how they handle post over there. Tracked shipping is horrendously expensive too, Canada to Aus is $35-40!
Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 06:16:17 AM

Hey Dave, we have been having a LOT of trouble shipping to Australia, about 25% of the packages go missing, NO idea how they handle post over there. Tracked shipping is horrendously expensive too, Canada to Aus is $35-40!

Thanks for getting back to me!
I realise you are busy! I'm trying not to be "that guy".
I dont know how it is from Canada but DHL from America to Australia works very well.
Thanks for the update.

us Offline condcup

Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 10:13:38 AM
 :worthless:

Offline nja4k

Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 10:47:37 AM
retired the og magnum.

Thanks Eric.
its keeping me prepared in thailand ATM.

Dan
uploadfromtaptalk1456911975385.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1456911975385.jpg (Filesize: 53.03 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1456911990261.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1456911990261.jpg (Filesize: 57.47 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1456912003535.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1456912003535.jpg (Filesize: 65.36 KB)
uploadfromtaptalk1456912015365.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1456912015365.jpg (Filesize: 50.11 KB)

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 07:27:34 AM
The XL Shield arrived today!!
Big thanks to Eric for getting it here!!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 10:13:56 PM
Is that the original sheath in question or was a second sent out?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:26 PM
I've found I was only using some of the flat bits and consolidated them onto one card. Not that it saved me a ton of space but it was a bit.  How you getting along with the sheath?
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline SuperDavid

Reply #21 on: March 12, 2016, 06:55:45 PM
Is that the original sheath in question or was a second sent out?

I'm pretty sure a second was sent out, the time had been too long for the first one to just show up.  I was prepared to pay postage or work something out, but they just sent a second one without discussion.  I appreciate that. 
Its a very nice sheath!
I've found I was only using some of the flat bits and consolidated them onto one card. Not that it saved me a ton of space but it was a bit.  How you getting along with the sheath?

I'm enjoying being able to carry the extra bits!  Like you I might condense the bits I use into one card to save space.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #22 on: March 12, 2016, 07:40:18 PM

;)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 01:21:56 AM
 :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline WoodMan

Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 03:56:06 PM
Just wanted to chip in with my experience.  This guy (Eric/Metropolicity) not only makes great products, he is an honorable businessman. 

I recently received my second Skinth XL Shield after carrying my first one for more than a year and a half.  The first one has lasted far longer than I expected and is still in useable shape.  When I went to load my Surge and its accoutrements into the new one I realized that the belt clip was missing.  I emailed Skinth and had a reply from Eric in a few minutes.  He told me to return the item and they would take care of it right away.  He also refunded my return shipping in just a few hours. 

I'll definitely be buying more products from Skinth in the future.

spam Offline zepla

• No Life Club
  • Where is all that water coming from?!
Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 02:27:43 PM
In the line of Woodman's post and the remarks about the long wait from other posters, my experience with ordering a Skinth:

After a very long wait and less than perfect communications from Skinth, my Skinth arrived finally it all turned out very well in the end. With a little (or better said, a lot of  :wait:) patience and some excellent help from the head turd polisher who will be remain nameless 

My story:

First of all, as Woodman said, Eric is a honorable man indeed 

Second, my Skinth arrived today and it was a bit of an adventure to get to this point. The short version; ordered one in October 2015 and today I got it. So that was a bit of a wait.

But in all fairness, one got lost in the mail, one received but the wrong model but now today I got what I ordered. Eric took it as a gentleman as I offered to pay at least something for that missing one but he refused any extra payments and send out a new one. Very nice of him. Same goes for the wrong model he send me. As said, honorable indeed.

Alright, as mentioned before at the forum, he is not the fasted communicator but also as mentioned, his product are very nice.

So for everyone who is waiting for his Skinth to arrive, just hang in there. It will take a while but in the end you will end up with an excellent product. I am convinced that Eric is doing the best he can. 

Anyhow, thanks Eric for setting things straight in a very nice way. And of course thanks Grant for helping out  :salute:

Now, let's see how this Skinth will hold up in the long run. But by the looks of it, I am pretty sure it will survive for many years.”

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%