Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My first flicky tool

SteveC · 42 · 3822

us Offline NetsNJ

Re: My first flicky tool
Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 08:18:13 PM
I actually kind of feel bad for the seller here.  This seems like Gerber's mistake, not his.  From what I understand, it seems like eBay sellers kind of live in fear of getting bad customer feedback.  eBay is very strict with sellers about keeping their ratings up.  For the most part, that is a good system, but there are definitely times when the seller gets squeezed.  I am not saying you did anything wrong or would screw the seller here, SteveC, but the seller doesn't know that.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 09:20:19 PM
I actually kind of feel bad for the seller here.  This seems like Gerber's mistake, not his.  From what I understand, it seems like eBay sellers kind of live in fear of getting bad customer feedback.  eBay is very strict with sellers about keeping their ratings up.  For the most part, that is a good system, but there are definitely times when the seller gets squeezed.  I am not saying you did anything wrong or would screw the seller here, SteveC, but the seller doesn't know that.

I hear what you are saying but I had already left him positive feedback before I noticed anything was wrong. I also sent him before pictures of the bent phillips and the broken phillips that was defective. He could have had me ship it back and send it to Gerber himself for warranty. He decided to write it off which was his call.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 09:22:37 PM
Yeah, I am not criticizing your actions in any way.  In some dynamic reputation sense the seller might be making the best call for himself.  I was just speaking in generalities here.  Anyways, it is too bad you can't leave more feedback as he truly did do right by you.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 09:43:07 PM
Yeah, I am not criticizing your actions in any way.  In some dynamic reputation sense the seller might be making the best call for himself.  I was just speaking in generalities here.  Anyways, it is too bad you can't leave more feedback as he truly did do right by you.

No problem, I didn't think you were just thought I would explain a bit more. I think for these high volume sellers it's just easier for them to chaulk it up to the cost of doing business. He had almost forty of these to sell so if one or two are defective I'm sure he made more than enough on the rest to cover.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 09:51:58 PM
That is a great outcome.   :tu:   :tu:

Bit more jelly though cause you'll have two off those non replaceable cutter blunt nose plier heads.

Now, go take some BO/snow pics for us to drool over.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 09:37:43 PM
Sent it of to Gerber today for warranty, I hope their service and turnaround is as good as Leatherman.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 12:14:30 AM
Hey Steve, if you want I'll trade you a black Gerber Needle Nose plier head (with non replacable cutters) for one of your Blunt Nosed heads with the non replacable cutters....... :D :pok:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 01:27:00 AM
Hey Steve, if you want I'll trade you a black Gerber Needle Nose plier head (with non replacable cutters) for one of your Blunt Nosed heads with the non replacable cutters....... :D :pok:

Let me think about that  :think:

Got the replacement today and it's in good shape. The serrated blade is even sharp although it also had the BO coating still on the edge.

The drivers are definitely not as stout as Leatherman's are.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #38 on: February 13, 2016, 02:43:01 AM

Let me think about that  :think:

Got the replacement today and it's in good shape. The serrated blade is even sharp although it also had the BO coating still on the edge.

The drivers are definitely not as stout as Leatherman's are.

I never did understand why Gerber decided to BO the blades after sharpening. It wouldnt add steps or complicate anything, and the end product would be better. :shrug:

Oh, and let me know if you do decide you want to trade :tu:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 08:11:21 PM
Received my repaired MP600 yesterday. 13 day turn around for warranty repair good job Gerber   :salute:

They even sent it back in a new sheath  :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: February 24, 2016, 09:13:12 PM
 :tu:   :tu:   :tu:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #41 on: February 25, 2016, 02:56:59 AM
Awesome.  Glad this all worked out for you!  Now that you have two you've got no excuse not to use the bejeezus out of one and document it here for us :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%