Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Saying hello to everyone for the first time! I'm sick with Vic!!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Saying hello to everyone for the first time! I'm sick with Vic!!
Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 02:33:59 PM
Welcome! You're off to a good great start!

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 03:19:37 PM
Welcome to MT.O. :cheers:

Any ideas about your perfect SAK yet?  :angel:

:whistle:

Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

us Offline customfabfoodie

Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 09:33:55 PM
Okay, I have been thinking about this since day one of my illness. For my perfect SAK...so far at this very moment in time (I'm certain it will change)...I would like a a 93mm Alox Farmer with addition of a metal saw, a pliers and a corkscrew. To make it even better, I would like it to have interchangeable scales so I could change out the Alox scales to those beautiful contoured Evolution style walnut wood scales at a moments notice. If I could have all my wishes come true, I would also have  the Wenger can opener in place of the standard SAK designed opener. For some reason I like the Wenger can opener better. I have opened numerous cans comparing both and feel the Wenger can opener is (in my opinion) a better more user friendly opener. I also like the hook style blade it has. :gimme:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:48:29 PM by customfabfoodie »

us Offline Marcellus

• What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 11:54:54 PM
Welcome  aboard

Pace yourself, it's a marathon, not the 100 meter dash.    :climber:

SAK = Semper Paratus ( Always Prepared,  motto of the United States  Coast Guard)

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 09:55:11 AM
Okay, I have been thinking about this since day one of my illness. For my perfect SAK...

[...]

I'll (potentially) save you some pain :D There isn't one SAK to rule them all out there yet, so tool combos are probably the way to go.

Now, having said that; so many combos, only one lifetime  :o  :ahhh
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

It's been a little while since my last post...I've been a little busy with life. While I was away my SAK family and sickness has grown. Say hello to my recent additions. My goodness, I can't stop. I can't keep this up and hide it much longer...I need a SAK condom! Someone please give me a smack...I have three others on the way. This is endless. There is no hope for me. If at this moment in time...this very moment...if I was to have a child, his name would most likely be Vic. Sick.  :facepalm: Please don't let my wife see this.
SAK Family.jpg
* SAK Family.jpg (Filesize: 99.19 KB)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
There's an ebb and flow to collecting.  I know for myself I started fast and focused then slowed considerably.   Maybe if you concentrate on a particular series you can pace yourself. 

The great thing about SAKs are they're red mostly.  Hopefully she'll think she's just seeing the same on over and over again  :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Great collection!  :cheers:

But... that plate is far from full, still plenty of room for more Swiss Army Knives  >:D
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
There's an ebb and flow to collecting.  I know for myself I started fast and focused then slowed considerably.   Maybe if you concentrate on a particular series you can pace yourself. 

The great thing about SAKs are they're red mostly.  Hopefully she'll think she's just seeing the same on over and over again  :rofl:

Problem is that only works for so long :D

Great looking collection you have there :tu:

It isn't that bad of a sickness/disease problem to have ;) :D

Now all you need are a couple Swisstools ::) :pok: >:D :D

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Down with the SAKness, huh? You came to the right place, brother... Welcome! :cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Be careful hanging out here it can get costly.
IMG_20160225_083848.jpg
* IMG_20160225_083848.jpg (Filesize: 214.22 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

YES,  :tu:!! Swisstools are next and definitely on my short list. As far as price and cash goes, it's really not that bad considering I buy 1 or 2 at a time. We all know it's easier to spend $20 to $30 (okay maybe $50 or $60 occasionally) a pop versus spending $400. But yes indeed, it does add up. Thanks a lot Poncho65, I was trying to avoid those for another month or two...I see what you're doing...enabler! Well, as long as Poncho55 just wrapped the belt around my arm, who wants to give me some very useful info about Swisstools before I stick the needle in? Just straight facts...Which one is the best? Which one do I avoid? Which one is "THE ONE" to have? Peace everyone and  :cheers:!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Great collection so far.  The Spirit has just about everything you thought you might ever need in a multitool and the tools are accessible on the outside.  Most here seem to prefer the Spirit X with its pointy, standard edge knife blade, but I like the standard or original version of the Spirit that has the blunt tipped, serrated edge knife that everyone refers to as "the butterknife blade."  I feel it has a certain elegance to it.  I tend to carry another knife such as an assisted opening flipper for the general cutting chores anyway whenever I carry a multitool.  Except, of course, during one of the challenges.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Great collection so far.  The Spirit has just about everything you thought you might ever need in a multitool and the tools are accessible on the outside.  Most here seem to prefer the Spirit X with its pointy, standard edge knife blade, but I like the standard or original version of the Spirit that has the blunt tipped, serrated edge knife that everyone refers to as "the butterknife blade."  I feel it has a certain elegance to it.  I tend to carry another knife such as an assisted opening flipper for the general cutting chores anyway whenever I carry a multitool.  Except, of course, during one of the challenges.

^^^ This.  Of the Spirits I also prefer the butter blade. 

Of the Swisstools go with the newer plier head and if you prefer scissors then definitely go with an X.

The plier head comparisons.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,2463.0.html

Models
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1575.0.html
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99