Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dawdling with Demel

Demel · 345 · 18211

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Dawdling with Demel
Reply #270 on: September 16, 2016, 04:07:03 AM
"newest additions." I've has all three of these tools and they have made their way back. The only difference being this is a polished Sideclip. Never thought I'd get one, but traded for one with a member here and got a Micra to pair it with. After using the CS Recon extensively I wanted to give the Code 4 another go. So here it is. I have one more recently acquired gem....but more on that later. Much later

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice looking carry Demel :dd: :like:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #271 on: September 18, 2016, 08:24:24 PM
Thanks. It's a constant balancing act.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:17:03 PM by Poncho65 »
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #272 on: September 23, 2016, 03:46:22 AM
New charge mod not sure what to call it? :think: any ideas?

"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #273 on: September 23, 2016, 04:16:50 AM
ChargeAwl?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #274 on: September 23, 2016, 04:35:22 AM
ChargeAwl? Charge Ti² maybe? Idk I guess have a thing for exponents

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #275 on: September 23, 2016, 06:01:00 PM
Seems it is now more of a Tti so maybe Tti+ :D

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #276 on: September 26, 2016, 03:42:03 AM
I don't understand why Leatherman change the Charge scales. The new ones seem to cover up the titanium (which looks good on its own) carried my charge today and it feels like a definite upgrade from the wave (specifically with my tool set   ) whenever I see a mod done on here that is just a swap and drop it doesn't make sense to me that Leatherman has struggled to incorporate certain variations. I wonder how many employees have tinkered with certain tools to create their own personal Frankenstein Leathermans ??? I'm sure a couple members from here and 24hrs in their shop could truly make some gems. :whistle:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #277 on: September 26, 2016, 05:25:45 PM
I don't understand why Leatherman change the Charge scales. The new ones seem to cover up the titanium (which looks good on its own) carried my charge today and it feels like a definite upgrade from the wave (specifically with my tool set   ) whenever I see a mod done on here that is just a swap and drop it doesn't make sense to me that Leatherman has struggled to incorporate certain variations. I wonder how many employees have tinkered with certain tools to create their own personal Frankenstein Leathermans ??? I'm sure a couple members from here and 24hrs in their shop could truly make some gems. :whistle:

I could do with just a few minutes and as many parts as I could carry out :whistle: :rofl: You are right though that the straight drop in mods should be a no brainer for them :bnghd: Well if we bash them enough about it maybe they will take the subtle hint :D

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #278 on: September 29, 2016, 04:06:05 AM
Yea hopefully. :facepalm:

In other news....I'm really starting to want a Benchmade 940-1. I wonder how much of my stuff I would have to trade or sell to get one? The carbon fiber is just drawing me in. Are there any other carbon fiber knives I don't know about

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #279 on: July 10, 2017, 01:58:32 PM
⏳⏳⏳

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #280 on: July 10, 2017, 02:00:49 PM
Hi Demel  :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #281 on: July 10, 2017, 02:52:29 PM
Great to see you Demel :cheers: I have been wondering about you lately buddy :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #282 on: July 10, 2017, 03:00:42 PM
Welcome back!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #283 on: July 10, 2017, 05:22:42 PM
Hi Demel  :cheers:
How's it going?
Great to see you Demel :cheers: I have been wondering about you lately buddy :tu:
Life has it's twist but I'm finding time
Welcome back!
It's good to be back. What's new?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #284 on: July 10, 2017, 05:26:54 PM
Going good !   Good to see you back   :cheers:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #285 on: July 10, 2017, 05:36:52 PM
Same ole, same ole. Just helping Mags derail some threads.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:18:37 PM by Poncho65 »
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #286 on: July 11, 2017, 02:39:18 AM
It's like I never left :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #287 on: July 11, 2017, 02:59:16 AM
 :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #288 on: July 11, 2017, 03:35:14 AM
It's like I never left :tu:

You know that's how they roll 8) :D

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #289 on: July 13, 2017, 03:12:08 AM
Hey bud, glad you're back :waving:

Proud SAKMC member :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #290 on: July 13, 2017, 04:14:22 AM
Hey bud, glad you're back :waving:

How've you been Mon? :salute: it's taking me a while to sift through all the threads. You guys have been busy.

Speaking of, what are you carrying these days?

Since I've been away I've almost daily carried this setup G-Shock, Charge and T10T.

The charge has been my go to for work since the mod I've done to it (I wrote about it earlier in this thread) working in construction and in different sites it's good to have something you can trust and rely on. This charge has been that. I love it.

That was part of the reason why I stepped out for awhile. I found myself buying a tool, using it for a day, then lusting the next one. I wanted to spend time with system without my eye getting caught in the next purchase. This time has been well spent and I've learned a lot about my carry habits. One of which being I really wish the Spirit had a pocket clip. :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #291 on: July 13, 2017, 04:36:57 AM
That is an awesome looking carry Demel :o I know that I went AWOL for a long time from here after finding an EDC that was near perfect for me at the time :ahhh :D Glad to see that you have settled on an EDC (for the time being anyways :D )  Always great to see you posting as well buddy :tu: :like:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #292 on: July 13, 2017, 04:41:49 AM
I've been well, and hope you have too :tu: 

I still cycle through a few MTs really:  G1 Wave, my Reave, Signal, MP600 and 400, Swisstool, Power Access, Octane.  Not much else I can think of off the top of my head.  Of course my MechaRogue right up until a week ago when my updated TiRogueneer arrived, now dubbed the TiRogue:

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #293 on: July 13, 2017, 04:44:00 AM
The Charge is a good one.  Glad it serves you well.  I haven't been quite as active here the last couple months actually.  I post my usual carry pics, and that's about it.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #294 on: July 15, 2017, 06:26:56 AM
I've been well, and hope you have too :tu: 

I still cycle through a few MTs really:  G1 Wave, my Reave, Signal, MP600 and 400, Swisstool, Power Access, Octane.  Not much else I can think of off the top of my head.  Of course my MechaRogue right up until a week ago when my updated TiRogueneer arrived, now dubbed the TiRogue:
(Image removed from quote.)

:drool: that's a great makeover. Did you design the logo?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #295 on: July 15, 2017, 05:53:08 PM
Thanks!  No, not my design.  It's a Christian symbol called the horn.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:20:38 PM by Poncho65 »
K-Tibbs

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #296 on: July 15, 2017, 06:07:58 PM
Oh is that an adaptation of the Trinity symbol? I was looking to get a tattoo of the Celtic version of that
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:21:14 PM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #297 on: July 15, 2017, 06:44:43 PM
Hm, I'm not sure.  It could be?  I didn't see an origin, just the meaning. 

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:21:31 PM by Poncho65 »
K-Tibbs

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #298 on: July 16, 2017, 10:32:58 PM
Another update:

I was looking into maybe purchasing a large or small Sebenza. Luckily there is a Chris Reeve dealer about an hour from where I live. I finally made a trip out there to get the knives in hand. As always handling a product in person is much different than seeing pictures online.

Two observations

They are made really well. I can see why everyone loves them. High quality manufacturing, good materials, simple and effective design.

Second, I feel the same about CRK as I do Rolex. They are made very well, I just don't think they are for me. At least not $400 worth. I do get the pricing but as a gift I would definitely enjoy it. But not something I would invest in personally. It's odd I know. But I have to be honest handling a large Sebenza and a 940 both in hand...I was drawn more to the design of the 940 (I want the 940-1 but he didn't have it in stock)

So...the hunt continues

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #299 on: July 17, 2017, 04:46:35 AM
Another update:

I was looking into maybe purchasing a large or small Sebenza. Luckily there is a Chris Reeve dealer about an hour from where I live. I finally made a trip out there to get the knives in hand. As always handling a product in person is much different than seeing pictures online.

Two observations

They are made really well. I can see why everyone loves them. High quality manufacturing, good materials, simple and effective design.

Second, I feel the same about CRK as I do Rolex. They are made very well, I just don't think they are for me. At least not $400 worth. I do get the pricing but as a gift I would definitely enjoy it. But not something I would invest in personally. It's odd I know. But I have to be honest handling a large Sebenza and a 940 both in hand...I was drawn more to the design of the 940 (I want the 940-1 but he didn't have it in stock)

So...the hunt continues

:popcorn:

It definitely helps to have a tool in hand when deciding whether you want to buy or not :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%