Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Numyth Vulcan Fire piston

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Numyth Vulcan Fire piston
on: February 23, 2016, 01:16:18 AM
Just ordered another Vulcan fire piston , my nephew lost mine on his scouting trip, Not a bad deal from campsaver.com, $29.00. This is one of my favorite firestarting implements. At least he didn't lose my bow drill ;)

ca Offline 16VGTIDave

Re: Numyth Vulcan Fire piston
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:43:07 PM
I hope you are making your nephew pay for the replacement. The $ amount isn't important, it is the life lesson. He should be held accountable for his actions. Better for him to learn now, by the merciful hands of a caring relative, than to be taught a harsh lesson "in the real world".

It may take a decade or 2, but he will thank you some day. Well, at least my nephew thanked me...
I EDC'd a SAK before MacGyver did...

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 07:32:57 PM

Have you tried other Fir Pistons? What do you like about Vulcan? I want to get a Fire Piston and trying to decide which one.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 12:37:57 AM
I hope you are making your nephew pay for the replacement. The $ amount isn't important, it is the life lesson. He should be held accountable for his actions. Better for him to learn now, by the merciful hands of a caring relative, than to be taught a harsh lesson "in the real world".

It may take a decade or 2, but he will thank you some day. Well, at least my nephew thanked me...
Ha , I might , He is my favorite nephew  :D

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:41:01 AM

Have you tried other Fir Pistons? What do you like about Vulcan? I want to get a Fire Piston and trying to decide which one.
I have tried a couple others , 1 cheapo , and the one from the Les Stroud website. The Numyth is light weight , has a top compartment for storage and just well made and comes in a nice kit. I'll post pic's when I get it.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

I have tried a couple others , 1 cheapo , and the one from the Les Stroud website. The Numyth is light weight , has a top compartment for storage and just well made and comes in a nice kit. I'll post pic's when I get it.

Thanks   :cheers:

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 07:03:47 AM

Got mine for about $25 from camp saver with additional discounts. Worth it. Nice build quality, design, finish and very light. Tried it today and works very well with char cloth.

LMBlastC09E.JPG
* LMBlastC09E.JPG (Filesize: 123.21 KB)
LMBlastC09F.JPG
* LMBlastC09F.JPG (Filesize: 127.11 KB)
LMBlastC09G.JPG
* LMBlastC09G.JPG (Filesize: 98.09 KB)
LMBlastC09I.JPG
* LMBlastC09I.JPG (Filesize: 139.15 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
 :o  :D I don't have a fire piston in my fire lighting stuff but with all this talk and those pics guess I will be looking for one :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:41:36 PM
You can make your own rather inexpensively.  While not as compact nor pretty as the Vulcan or others the project is fun. 

:pok: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57019.msg1026291.html#msg1026291
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 06:27:53 PM
:o  :D I don't have a fire piston in my fire lighting stuff but with all this talk and those pics guess I will be looking for one :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D

I know...... me to.  :facepalm:

I have always wanted one since I saw Les use one on Survivorman.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 09:36:35 PM

I know...... me to.  :facepalm:

I have always wanted one since I saw Les use one on Survivorman.

Yeah I loved that episode as well. :tu: This and a couple other threads plus me researching firekits has brought back my want for 1 :facepalm: :ahhh  :ahhh :ahhh :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%