Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Latest Links of general interest (newspapers, articles, research....)

dks · 1019 · 47024

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
After feeling guilty for spamming other threads with newspaper links, I decided to start a thread where anybody can post a link, that does not deserve its own thread.

Post general interest links, news-related, articles, something interesting, etc, from the internet.

1st link

Mars orders full recall of Snickers, Mars and Milky Way bars in d Europe over contamination fears

Recall affects 55 countries, including Britain, Germany and France
Triggered by customer finding piece of plastic in a Mars Inc chocolate bar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3460076/Mars-orders-recall-Snickers-Mars-Milky-way-Germany-Netherlands.html

Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
http://www.dailymail.co.u...cinating-video-duels.html

How a Princess fought a Countess in a sword fight to settle a dispute over floral arrangements in 1892

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club

How a Princess fought a Countess in a sword fight to settle a dispute over floral arrangements in 1892

I guess some take floral arrangements more seriously than others :D
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
flowers and chocolate...   :D

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own

Ikebana  :)

More than simply putting flowers in a container, ikebana is a disciplined art form in which nature and humanity are brought together. Contrary to the idea of floral arrangement as a collection of particolored or multicolored arrangement of blooms, ikebana often emphasizes other areas of the plant, such as its stems and leaves, and draws emphasis toward shape, line, form. Though ikebana is a creative expression, it has certain rules governing its form. The artist's intention behind each arrangement is shown through a piece's color combinations, natural shapes, graceful lines, and the usually implied meaning of the arrangement.
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
After feeling guilty for spamming other threads with newspaper links, I decided to start a thread where anybody can post a link, that does not deserve its own thread.

Post general interest links, news-related, articles, something interesting, etc, from the internet.

1st link

Mars orders full recall of Snickers, Mars and Milky Way bars in d Europe over contamination fears

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3460076/Mars-orders-recall-Snickers-Mars-Milky-way-Germany-Netherlands.html
Great idea f-rizzle, but the daily mail doesn't really count as a newspaper. Toilet paper maybe, or alarmist comic, I'll concede that, but not a newspaper.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
The problem is that all newspapers tend to have their own agendas and people who like them, or hate them.

I remember getting complaints about the SUN a few years ago. The Times was considered OK, even though, belonging to the same group, it had the same news, made to sound posher. The Guardian is also disliked by those that do not agree with its views, and the same goes for every newspaper, publication, car magazine (Car, autocar, TG- all have their haters and fans,)

So, post generally accepted links, on general interest topics, rather than what is just an opinion of the newspapers.

I can not see how the problem with chocolates will be described differently by different papers.

The Mirror and the Mail are also part of the same group. Maybe the Star will be more unbiased.

The Sun and the Times, as well as the Independent etc. need a subscription these days, by the way...

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
The problem is that all newspapers tend to have their own agendas and people who like them, or hate them.

I remember getting complaints about the SUN a few years ago. The Times was considered OK, even though, belonging to the same group, it had the same news, made to sound posher. The Guardian is also disliked by those that do not agree with its views, and the same goes for every newspaper, publication, car magazine (Car, autocar, TG- all have their haters and fans,)

So, post generally accepted links, on general interest topics, rather than what is just an opinion of the newspapers.

I can not see how the problem with chocolates will be described differently by different papers.

The Mirror and the Mail are also part of the same group. Maybe the Star will be more unbiased.

The Sun and the Times, as well as the Independent etc. need a subscription these days, by the way...

I'm just  :pok: firiki. He's been trying to  :twak: me for ages so it's a mini payback.  :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
you young people....   :D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

1st link

Great idea f-rizzle, but the daily mail doesn't really count as a newspaper. Toilet paper maybe, or alarmist comic, I'll concede that, but not a newspaper.

You mistake the dizzle for the frizzle?

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

1st link

I did Zizzle!  :facepalm: Up all night with the mutt. That's my excuse.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

1st link

I hope it works out. We lost one last weekend. Ten years and then gone.   :(

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

1st link

Sorry for your loss Zman They leave a massive gap when they're not around.  :salute:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

1st link

Sorry for your loss Zman They leave a massive gap when they're not around.  :salute:

They sure do.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!

Well, it's not surprising...

Show content
Some women are very determined to oppose when someone tries to deflower them...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!

Found the footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXK_lX1V5zc

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

1st link

Even the mini ones? Not sure whether to accept Dolly's kind gift.......

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Run!  :ahhh

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Run!  :ahhh
How can I say no to that face?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious

us Offline WhichDawg

:D

i should like post a ton here and "own this thread" right?! :pok: :cheers:

i miss u already :P ::) ;)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
 :dd: :dd: :dd:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ww2-timewarp-woman-loves-live-7460431

woman living in 1939, now, and looking for a husband.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Now that woman is old fashioned with a capital O and F.  :think:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Now that woman is old fashioned with a capital O and F.  :think:
Despite the war era, this sounds like a quite and peaceful life.

I doubt I could deal with that toilet / washing-situation, but I grew up without a TV / Computer and it wasn't bad.
Also, she sounds smart (she realizes that she is a novelty and the effect it has) and happy so :salute: to Joanne
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%