Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fenix E01 over Maglite - Opinions please

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Re: Fenix E01 over Maglite - Opinions please
Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 05:29:09 PM
It does have a longer run time than the Maglite. I had an E01 before I traded it away. Tough little light  :tu:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 03:33:18 AM
Fenix E01 is the one I've carried for several years now. Won't bother with anything else, and I've had Maglights. The little E01 is my go-to pocket light.
(Image removed from quote.)
Cheers- nice pic too C-Blibbel  :salute:

What is it about the Fenix that puts it above the maglite?

A combination of things push my button. First. like joe said, it has a great run time. Never worry about being left in the dark. At 50% it goes to moon mode, so you still have adequate light for a dark room or basement. Second, general ruggedness. It's been banging around on a keyring now for some years, and dropped, subjected to extreme of temperatures, and still going strong. My little Maglite developed the shake syndrome, where you had to shake it to get it to keep going.

Third is, it packs enough adequate light for seeing whats around you in a dark basement, under a sink replacing a gasket, or seeing the trail in dark woods at night a good 25 to 40 feet out. Enough to keep on the trail with no problem, yet not that bright that it kills your night vision seeing whats out beyond at the pale limit of the light. Forth, is the general small size of the thing. Barley bigger than a AAA battery. So small, it's actually easier to just carry an extra E01 when out for the night in the woods of on a camping trip.

In general, I've been so impressed with my little E01, that is has taken over flashlight cut from any other light that is around the house. It's ALWAYS on my keyring, and my keying is ALWAYS clipped to my left belt loop by the pocket. My Peak Keno Bay, AA Minimag, and C cell Rayovac are unused these days. The E01 has enough light for me to see what I need to see without being over kill, rugged and reliable, long run time, and well made.

It's my "always" flashlight. Always with me, along with my SAK.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 10:04:13 AM
Fenix E01 is the one I've carried for several years now. Won't bother with anything else, and I've had Maglights. The little E01 is my go-to pocket light.
(Image removed from quote.)
Cheers- nice pic too C-Blibbel  :salute:

What is it about the Fenix that puts it above the maglite?

A combination of things push my button. First. like joe said, it has a great run time. Never worry about being left in the dark. At 50% it goes to moon mode, so you still have adequate light for a dark room or basement. Second, general ruggedness. It's been banging around on a keyring now for some years, and dropped, subjected to extreme of temperatures, and still going strong. My little Maglite developed the shake syndrome, where you had to shake it to get it to keep going.

Third is, it packs enough adequate light for seeing whats around you in a dark basement, under a sink replacing a gasket, or seeing the trail in dark woods at night a good 25 to 40 feet out. Enough to keep on the trail with no problem, yet not that bright that it kills your night vision seeing whats out beyond at the pale limit of the light. Forth, is the general small size of the thing. Barley bigger than a AAA battery. So small, it's actually easier to just carry an extra E01 when out for the night in the woods of on a camping trip.

In general, I've been so impressed with my little E01, that is has taken over flashlight cut from any other light that is around the house. It's ALWAYS on my keyring, and my keying is ALWAYS clipped to my left belt loop by the pocket. My Peak Keno Bay, AA Minimag, and C cell Rayovac are unused these days. The E01 has enough light for me to see what I need to see without being over kill, rugged and reliable, long run time, and well made.

It's my "always" flashlight. Always with me, along with my SAK.
I can't ask for a better answer than that c-blizzle. Thanks. (goes off to add E01 to wants list)  :salute:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 12:18:06 PM
Thing about the E01 is that it's nigh indestructible (unless you are from Wales apparently), has long run-times with an alkaline cell and gives out enough light for indoor tasks.  Not lots of light, but enough.

BTW you should definitely look at the Thrunite Ti3 NW. :whistle:
That does seem like the best value, just snagged my Ti3 for 15, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 11:19:57 PM
Thing about the E01 is that it's nigh indestructible (unless you are from Wales apparently), has long run-times with an alkaline cell and gives out enough light for indoor tasks.  Not lots of light, but enough.

BTW you should definitely look at the Thrunite Ti3 NW. :whistle:
That does seem like the best value, just snagged my Ti3 for 15, thanks for the heads up.

I've been carrying my Ti3 again for a few days now and definitely rate it as a good light.  I'm one of these odd people who don't like the mode sequence all that much, but that's totally a matter of personal preference.  :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:21:43 PM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline leathermon

• Better to have a tool, than be a tool.
Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 10:22:14 AM
Here is a comparison with the new maglite led solitaire vs thrunite ti3.

The ti3 is on the right,  both about two feet from the wall.

This is done very close to the wall with the ti3 on top. 

Used my old gerber for size comparison.  

Both great lights,  I think the ti3 wins just for the fact slightly smaller and the reversible clip can be used on a ball cap as a head light.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD