Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Folding Loppers

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Gerber Folding Loppers
on: March 03, 2016, 03:49:38 AM
I was wondering if many of you have tried the folding loppers from Gerber?  The ones that I have are the Gerber Reveal Loppers and apparently they are now discontinued  :think: I have had these for a few years now and they meet all of my pruning chores out in my yard along with a pair of Gerber Pruning Shears (bypass type)   :tu: I see now that the new model is called the Gerber Myth Folding Loppers. Same design but different color scheme :o :D I have put mine through the mill and cut stuff bigger than I should  ::) They have held up exceptionally well and the pruners have held up just as well. I did get the loppers with a folding saw from Gerber that fell apart on me as soon as I used it though :facepalm: On the bright side the sheath that came with the set was a perfect fit for both the loppers and the shears once I had gotten rid of the saw :D

Here is what mine (stainless steel) looks like and the new version (black) ( Pictures from Gerbers website)

Reveal-Folding-Pruners-Sheath_fulljpg.jpg
* Reveal-Folding-Pruners-Sheath_fulljpg.jpg (Filesize: 34.03 KB)
Myth-Folding-Lopper_fulljpg.jpg
* Myth-Folding-Lopper_fulljpg.jpg (Filesize: 29.07 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Gerber Folding Loppers
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:55:15 AM
Here is a pic of the pruners :tu: apparently they are discontinued now as well :facepalm: Why do they always discontinue stuff that actually works :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

* s-l400.jpg (Filesize: 7.38 KB)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 08:27:17 AM
I haven't seen these before. Looks pretty useful. Will be asking about them next time I'm in a shop that has gerber gear.   :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:51:46 AM
I haven't seen these before. Looks pretty useful. Will be asking about them next time I'm in a shop that has gerber gear.   :cheers:

I used them just yesterday on some branches  :tu: Very handy to carry around the yard you can fold them up and they will go fairly well in a back pocket :cheers:

Offline Ryo Saeba

Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:58:32 AM
They're pretty great. I toss em in my back pocket too.

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 05:28:53 AM
What sort of size are they? They look really useful.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 10:16:49 PM
What sort of size are they? They look really useful.

Unfolded they are almost 15 inches long 14.8 inches (according to Amazon ;) )  I will measure them folded up when I get home :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 03:02:21 AM
Well I just now got around to measuring them cause I kinda forgot :facepalm: :whistle: :D

They are about 11 inches folded up but the shape that they fold up slides in the back pocket surprisingly well :tu: I know they are there but nothing terribly uncomfortable :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 03:16:30 AM
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,32306.msg532282.html#msg532282

I knew that Bob (j-sews) had written a review of them and just now thought to look for it :whistle:

I apparently didn't comment in the thread but it made enough of an impression on me to buy them :tu:

His pictures will shed a little more light on how they look opened and closed :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 08:49:53 PM
I have those, new and unused.

Bought them plannig to use them on a new terrain the family got, but in the end we never got to put them through their paces.

I'd like to get rid of them, really. But they sure look and feel nice!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%