Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where to buy Pocketwrench II?

fi Offline engblom

Where to buy Pocketwrench II?
on: March 08, 2016, 07:41:51 PM
After been reading a bit on this forum I have come to the conclusion I need also a Pocketwrench II.

I am living in Europe so I am looking for an affordable source. The company selling from Luxembourg takes 44€ for shipping to my country, which I am considering a pure robbery for something that fits inside of an envelope.

I am also open for orders from outside of Europe if the price of the shipping is acceptable.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:48:42 PM by engblom »

fi Offline engblom

Re: Where to buy Pocketwrench II?
Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 08:04:19 PM
While I want a real PW, I also found this copy: http://www.dx.com/p/edcgear-multifunction-stainless-steel-wrench-silver-302605

I bet the copy is of less quality, but does anyone have both? I am interested in how they compare.

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 08:40:38 PM
EBay has them for sale.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline David

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 08:43:16 PM
Here is the original source http://www.pocketwrenchtool.com/
Hold Fast

gb Offline Billy Ruffian

Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:41:06 AM
I bought one of them direct from the manufacturer (Burketec) about 2 years ago, at that time they were selling direct on EBay. I can't remember exactly how much it cost to get delivered to the UK but it was not expensive, only a few dollars extra. I can't imagine it would cost any more for them to post it to Finland.

The Pocketwrench is just one of the most useful tools that I have.

Offline filleep

Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 01:47:11 PM
Rutlands tools  supplied mine (uk)
Sorry, using phone so can't link

fi Offline engblom

Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 02:55:34 PM
It looks like I will get the Chrome-Vanadium pocketwrench ii in a very affordable way from Luxembourg. I asked them if they would be able to ship it a bit cheaper and they offered to send it for 4 EUR.

us Offline David

Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 06:34:22 PM
Glad you found one! They are a very useful tool.
Hold Fast

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 07:10:28 PM
Here is the original source http://www.pocketwrenchtool.com/

Website doesn't work, "Server Not Found" error
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 07:11:04 PM
It looks like I will get the Chrome-Vanadium pocketwrench ii in a very affordable way from Luxembourg. I asked them if they would be able to ship it a bit cheaper and they offered to send it for 4 EUR.

Where is this Luxembourg supplier? Does it have a web address?
"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 07:45:18 PM

If I remember correctly it was this shop. www.rc-machines.com/en/index

I got my CV one from a friend who bought some stuff there. But it seems they don't have them anymore.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 07:55:18 PM

If I remember correctly it was this shop. www.rc-machines.com/en/index

I got my CV one from a friend who bought some stuff there. But it seems they don't have them anymore.

Okay, never mind, thanks. Lee Valley Tools have the Burtech one (I think) for only $15.95 (see: http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=61101&cat=1,70373,70375&ap=1) , but only offered me these shipping options (I did ask if they could do it cheaper, they said no):

*Small Parcel Surface Mail         8-12 Weeks                               $14.24
   *Small Parcel Air Mail                2-4 Weeks                                 $22.81
   *Xpresspost                              8-10 Business Days                   $51.85
  *UPS Express                           5-6 Days to Major Centers         $21.54

So that would make it at least $30.19 (£23.25), though at least there shouldn't be any import tax to pay on that, as it's less than $30 for the items. I'm almost tempted to just got for it, though it does seem outrageous for the postage.

Does anyone know why the http://www.pocketwrenchtool.com/ is down? It's been like that for weeks, but am sure it was up when I looked  a few months ago

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 08:12:10 PM
You're in the UK, give these guys a call or send them an email about it.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/

They used to stock the PW2 but there aren't currently available online.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 09:26:04 PM
I bought one from US (PW site) but recently I bought another one for a friend from MTO, with a classified. You might try this too.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 09:07:36 AM
I bought one from US (PW site) but recently I bought another one for a friend from MTO, with a classified. You might try this too.

I've post a WTB: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,68548.msg1350369.html#msg1350369

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 09:32:01 AM
So that would make it at least $30.19 (£23.25), though at least there shouldn't be any import tax to pay on that, as it's less than $30 for the items.

Careful, I got stung on a $28 spinning top earlier this week. Ended up having to cough up an extra £12 to get it delivered. If the sender doesn't tick the "gift" box on the form, it looks like they are charging for everything at the moment.
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline Oxford_Guy

Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 07:01:07 PM
So that would make it at least $30.19 (£23.25), though at least there shouldn't be any import tax to pay on that, as it's less than $30 for the items.

Careful, I got stung on a $28 spinning top earlier this week. Ended up having to cough up an extra £12 to get it delivered. If the sender doesn't tick the "gift" box on the form, it looks like they are charging for everything at the moment.

Ouch! One of the problems is that if there is any tax charge, you also have to pay around an £8 fixed fee on top of that. Interestingly I ordered two quite expensive alox SAKs from Swiss Bianco not that long ago and they came through with nothing to pay! I did have to pay some tax for my Leatherman Knifeless Fuse, but that was expected and Leatherman's are (relatively) cheap in the USA.

BTW this is the official line on things:

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Looks like anything less than £15 (or £34 if  gift) is meant to VAT-free on import in theory - which $15.95 is (currently anyway!)

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 04:01:05 AM
I bought a bunch for the cars and disaster kit. I bought the originals from Lee Valley instead of the copies (EDC Gear) even though the copies in Amazon were cheaper. I wasn't sure if they would work. Worth it in my opinion to give a bit to the original Mfgr.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%