Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What should I get for 20 Euros (with 10 Euro eBay coupon)

Corwyn · 14 · 1330

Poll

What should I get for 20 Euros?

Victorinox Tinker
3 (21.4%)
Opinel 12 Slim Olive (27 Euros shipped so the most expensive)
0 (0%)
Opinel 12 Slim Bubinga
3 (21.4%)
Opinel 10 Slim Olive
1 (7.1%)
Opinel 10 Slim Bubinga
0 (0%)
Opinel 10 Carbon + Opinel 12 Carbon
2 (14.3%)
Opinel 10 Beech SS
0 (0%)
Opinel 12 Beech SS
0 (0%)
Sanrenmu 7010 + something
3 (21.4%)
Ganzo 727 Orange
2 (14.3%)
Ganzo 727 Wood
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 31, 2016, 10:52:06 AM

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
So... I have a 10 Euro eBay coupon (needs minimum 20 Euros spent to use) and I'm missing an edc Tinker and a 10 and 12 Opinel.
Always wanted to try a Sebbie and a Rat too....

What would you get if you were me?
And yes, I need EU prices... I can barely get to the postoffice nowadays, let alone to customs...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: What should I get for 20 Euros (with 10 Euro eBay coupon)
Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:05:08 AM
Voted for the Sanrenmu, second choice Tinker. If I was to pick a Ganzo it would be between the 729 and 733. Damn it, now I want another knife.   :facepalm:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:10:05 PM
Voted for the Sanrenmu, second choice Tinker. If I was to pick a Ganzo it would be between the 729 and 733. Damn it, now I want another knife.   :facepalm:

Nice choices... however for the SRM I could get it from Spambest for 6 Euros shipped.. on eBay it gets around 18 Euros.
Tinker I want to edc, but I'm sure I could find a used one at a decent price at some point.

Never 729 or 733.. I love Spyderco too much  ::)
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 01:01:20 PM
heard a lot of positive things about the sanrenmu

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 06:44:18 PM
Rat   :tu:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 10:28:45 PM
I voted for the Opinel 10+12, but the 10 & 12 slim (any of them) are close seconds.

Get an Opie  :tu:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 07:20:35 AM
Don't get the SRM, Corwyn. I will add one for you to your stuff. I will just throw it in the box before wrapping everything.
Do you prefer black or silver color?
I have both without any use signs.
Just get something else with the credit and enjoy it, you are a nice person to talk with !
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 07:23:11 AM
Don't get the SRM, Corwyn. I will add one for you to your stuff. I will just throw it in the box before wrapping everything.
Just get something else with the credit and enjoy it, you are a nice person to talk with !

Silver please... THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're such a darling.  :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 07:30:26 AM
Well now that is sorted you should get the Tinker.   :P

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:53:54 AM
 :MTO: :woohoo: :MTO:

:drink:

Thanks again Peacent... so happy... I know it's not an expensive knife but I really wanted one and getting  to customs to get a package is a nightmare to me.. I need a day off and to spend more on gas than the knife is worth...

Seeing your votes, guys, I'm leaning more towards the 12 Slim Bubinga... I have a wonderful, trustworthy Tinker... it's just that I'm apprehensive to edc it any more... it was my first ever sak and a birthday gift from my then girlfriend (now wife). I lost it once in Greece, found it two days later, lost it at this year's Christmas party, found it (through a friend of a friend) again in February and I'm afraid the third time I'd lose it for real...
Plus... a Tinker should be easy to find second hand at some point right? I mean, I think I only paid retail for 5 saks out of 200-ish...

Strange thing is Europe seems to be low on Philipses... I had 3 TSA packages over time... a bunch of rare-ish stuff, a hoard of Spartans/Campers/Climbers but not a single Tinker... heck not even lowtech (who has everything - despite not collecting  ::) ) doesn't have one...

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 12:03:32 PM

Silver please... THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're such a darling.  :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Yes, that was really sweet...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 04:34:35 PM

Seeing your votes, guys, I'm leaning more towards the 12 Slim Bubinga... I have a wonderful, trustworthy Tinker... it's just that I'm apprehensive to edc it any more... it was my first ever sak and a birthday gift from my then girlfriend (now wife). I lost it once in Greece, found it two days later, lost it at this year's Christmas party, found it (through a friend of a friend) again in February and I'm afraid the third time I'd lose it for real...
Plus... a Tinker should be easy to find second hand at some point right? I mean, I think I only paid retail for 5 saks out of 200-ish...

Hope you like it...it is a true slicer, dressy and cute knife. Smooth and solid locking as well. Incredible value, IMO.

as for the OP, I'd get the Opinel if you haven't tried one yet. They just have to be handled and used once to see their true appeal and potential. The Tinker is a really nice option, but I'm sure you can get them by many different means, and are easier to find both online and in stores. Anyway, I don't think you'll go wrong with any of those!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 07:57:19 AM
The tribe has spoken...

One Opinel 12 Slim Bubinga on its way to me:

It's my first Nr. 12, my first Slimline and my first Bubinga. Really looking forward to it.

Thank you all for your votes and suggestions, thank you lowtech for forwarding this to me and most of all, thank you ThePeacent for your wonderful gift.  :salute:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 08:27:59 AM
Just so you know how much I value your opinions guys: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,30307.msg1260412.html#msg1260412

By the way I'm edcing my old, gifted Tinker now. Hope I won;t lose it.
Thinking of trying out a Victorinox Delemont Evogrip 11 instead.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%