Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM bits fit in Vic mini-plier spot.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
LM bits fit in Vic mini-plier spot.
on: March 31, 2016, 01:23:00 PM
I recently got a Victorinox Hercules, and while playing around with it, I noticed that the pliers on it are just a hair thicker than the Leatherman flat bits.

If you get creative, you could use them with a model that has the mini-pliers. The ideal one would probably be the Hercules, since its liners extend further away from the backsprings.
It does not stay in place, so use is very limited, but I 'm sure a modder could make some adjustments and get the bits to stay solidly in place when used.
In the SwissChamp, the pliers could hold the bit in place, and the notch on the bit catches on the backspring, so it is held in place, but very weakly. You'd have to add something infront of the rivet under the pliers, to stop the bit from sinking in too deep in the body. This means that bits with thin heads are harder to hold into place.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: LM bits fit in Vic mini-plier spot.
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:04 AM
Slow day at work huh?   ;)   :D

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Re: LM bits fit in Vic mini-plier spot.
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:22:32 PM
Interesting! How clever of you to notice how they fit. :tu:

However, I would caution you to use this for very light driving only. Too much torque will force the liners apart, and SAK pivot pins are only brass, peened on the ends to stay in place. You'd risk loosening your SAK, or worse, ruining the pivot pin.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%