Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

It's Baseball time

us Offline WhichDawg

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: It's Baseball time
Reply #60 on: July 02, 2016, 01:12:41 AM
Cubs vs Mets game is gonna start late for me (in progress) because the Cleveland vs Toronto is on still...18 innings so far! 13 game streak for the tribe :ahhh

and why are the Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys red?! :think: ???
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:16:11 AM by WhichDawg »

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #61 on: July 02, 2016, 01:58:25 AM
ohh sure, I finally get the game, the Mets blast 2 homers and then a rain delay! :facepalm: >:( ::)

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #62 on: July 02, 2016, 02:02:02 AM
ohh sure, I finally get the game, the Mets blast 2 homers and then a rain delay! :facepalm: >:( ::)

I was about to post that! There've been T-Storms around here off and on since 1pm.......
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #63 on: July 02, 2016, 03:23:05 AM
aren't cha glad my Cubbies came to town?!

the "Bums!" :facepalm:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #64 on: July 02, 2016, 04:08:25 AM
Hey! they said the Mets were not scoring runs this year....

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: July 02, 2016, 04:19:43 AM
:D they just called it again in the 6th. Mets are crushing the Cubbies at the monent. Weather shows more strong T-storms coming from the West, so........
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #66 on: July 03, 2016, 04:30:02 AM
 :rant: what happened this time last year? Cubs come to town and revitalized the Mets then too! :facepalm: ::)

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #67 on: July 03, 2016, 09:21:25 PM
looks like the Mets are gonna sweep my Cubs... :facepalm:

I'm soooo glad it's just the middle of the season! my Cubbies still need some growing...especially against the Metropolitans! :whistle: :cheers:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: July 03, 2016, 10:17:56 PM
:D personally, I'm enjoying it......

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #69 on: July 05, 2016, 01:53:52 AM
:woohoo: Mets win! Harvey gave up 6 runs to the Marlins in 3 2/3, but the bullpen held the line, and the Mets scored 8 unanswered runs! 8-6 final. :tu:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:05:09 AM by jerseydevil »

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: July 07, 2016, 09:59:38 PM
Mets, Cubs, whatever... who has the most wins as of this morning in both leagues????   The Giants!  :salute:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:01:05 PM by strmliner »
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #71 on: July 08, 2016, 04:15:54 AM
Mets, Cubs, whatever... who has the most wins as of this morning in both leagues????   The Giants!  :salute:

your right! :salute: :cheers:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #72 on: July 18, 2016, 05:09:51 PM
swept my Cubbies in NY last time ehh... now it's in our friendly confines :P :pok: :cheers:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #73 on: July 19, 2016, 02:16:37 AM
....meanwhile the Braves continue their inevitable run at last place and next year's first round draft pick.  :facepalm:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #74 on: July 19, 2016, 04:34:29 AM
1!  :P :cheers:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #75 on: July 20, 2016, 03:14:09 PM
ehh still 1...  :facepalm: :cheers:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: July 20, 2016, 04:45:46 PM
ehh still 1...  :facepalm: :cheers:

:D

The Mets bullpen has been great this season. I thought in the 9th last night the Cubs were gonna win it.....

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #77 on: July 20, 2016, 05:42:59 PM
at least tie it! >:( :rant:

ohh well it was a fun game, one more today buddy, the rubber-game! :cheers:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #78 on: July 23, 2016, 04:53:58 PM

what happened? ??? :o :pok:

and guess who's back on top! :P

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #79 on: July 23, 2016, 06:37:44 PM

what happened? ??? :o :pok:

and guess who's back on top! :P

Yep, the Giants are currently eating the big one right now!   Let's see where this goes as the middle of August rolls around...    :salute:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: July 24, 2016, 12:34:37 AM
....meanwhile the Braves continue their inevitable run at last place and next year's first round draft pick.  :facepalm:

Currently 24 games back in their division the Braves are on a pace to lose over 100 games this year. Feels like the 1970's all over again.   :facepalm:
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #81 on: July 24, 2016, 07:26:26 PM
The Hall of Fame inductions are going on right now as I type this. Two players going in. Ken Griffey Jr was a ton of fun to watch, and one of my favorite players growing up. The other is Mike Piazza. If you're not a Mets fan from that era, you don't realize how much Big Mike meant to us. The best-hitting catcher of all time, and damn it was fun seeing him play. :) As a plus, Piazza made it very clear when he was elected - he goes in as a Met. Gary Carter wanted that too, but the Kid was denied because the Hall wanted an Expo to go in. :(

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #82 on: July 25, 2016, 09:03:41 PM
looks like the Cubbies just traded for Aroldis Chapman (NNY) mister 104 mph :ahhh

might have given a lot for him (very good prospects) it's a gamble for a possible 2 month rental but I trust Theo and his instincts...we'll see!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: July 25, 2016, 11:19:14 PM
Good trade, and didn't cost the Cubs too much. Chapman gives you guys a solid long reliever. :tu:

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #84 on: July 26, 2016, 08:01:43 PM
Good trade, and didn't cost the Cubs too much. Chapman gives you guys a solid long reliever. :tu:

I think it did cost! top prospects especially the kid Torres are special and a lot is put into them. Problem with the Cubs now is they are set at infield and this kid has no place in the current lineup (for a couple of years even! barring injuries) so that makes him "Very Trade-able" for goods and valuable to get someone now.

It is a gamble but I think the Cubs biggest hole was a great closer, the Sealer of the Deal/Game. Rondon was not that guy especially in the big games and the playoffs (I'm my opinion) and he said himself he'd be glad to be a set-up-man behind a great closer, that hole should be filled now :dwts:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #85 on: July 26, 2016, 09:14:51 PM
The Mets bullpen has been incredible this year, which is a bit of a surprise. That's always been a weak spot for them. The long relief has been great, and Familia has converted every save opportunity this year. :tu:

Doubleheader tonight, Mets-Cardinals. They were rained out by the strong storms that came through here last evening. First game starts at 4:10.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:16:06 PM by jerseydevil »

us Offline WhichDawg

Reply #86 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:20 PM
The Mets bullpen has been incredible this year, which is a bit of a surprise. That's always been a weak spot for them. The long relief has been great, and Familia has converted every save opportunity this year. :tu:

I think Familia is one of the best! always has been able to take care of my team :facepalm:

and for this series... Go Mets! :cheers:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #87 on: July 26, 2016, 09:17:41 PM

Currently 24 games back in their division the Braves are on a pace to lose over 100 games this year. Feels like the 1970's all over again.   :facepalm:

Haha! Now you know my pain for so long.....  >:D

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: July 26, 2016, 11:29:43 PM

Haha! Now you know my pain for so long.....  >:D

I take small consolation in Chipper Jones naming his son Shea because he owned the Mets in their stadium.   :D
I also suffered through the Braves in the 1970's and the early 80's until the worst to first finish that began a great  almost 20 years in 1982.  So sorry you suffered during that time.  >:D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:34:12 PM by Yadda »

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #89 on: July 31, 2016, 04:42:25 AM
The Mets retired Mike Piazza's #31 tonight. :salute: Too bad they're getting their asses kicked by the Rockies at the moment.....

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%