Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber MP600 Pro Scout saw blade ?

us Offline ksdog

Gerber MP600 Pro Scout saw blade ?
on: April 09, 2016, 02:27:57 AM
Just got my new Pro Scout in. I think the RemGrit saw blade has got to go in favor of something that will cut limbs off trees. What is a preferred replacement ?

us Offline super m

Re: Gerber MP600 Pro Scout saw blade ?
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 03:23:11 AM
Any jigsaw blade that matches the holder will work. 

Don't be a tool ... Talk tools
Brothers helping Brothers

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 04:28:00 AM
ksdog PM'd me this same question, not really sure why. Anyhow, for future readers of the forum, here was my response:

I can try, but for full disclosure, I have little experience with blades that fit in the Gerber saw adapter, and none with the adapter itself.

For the Gerber adapter, it is important to remember that only U-Shank jigsaw blades with hole will work. Unfortunately, this method of retaining jigsaws is very obsolete, and you will be extremely hard pressed to find blades that work. Standard u-shank blades without the holes will not work with your Gerber. You might be able to find the U-shank with holes in mom and pop shops who never clear their shelves of old stock, but i doubt you will be able to find any in major hardware stores. If any major chain does still carry blades like that, it would be Harbor Freight, but that is pure speculation, and I wouldn't hold my breath on them carrying them either.

Based on some quick Googling, and past experiences, these should work: http://www.amazon.com/TEK...rds=u+shank+jigsaw+blades

I've had good experiences with Tekton tools, and these blades are fairly well rated. Keep in mind they are "cheap" tools, on the level of Harbor Freight in terms of price. But, they have the hole that you need, and should be decent quality.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 01:15:37 PM
Yep, you can indeed find Tekton U-shank blades with the hole for sale online. Though from my experience the shank on many of them is slightly too thick, and requires some sanding/grinding down to fit.
I found it pretty quick and easy to remedy with a belt sander.

england Offline macabee

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 02:48:24 PM
A chainsaw.......... :facepalm:
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 07:45:21 PM
Although hard to find, some old brands and blades can be found at the very bottom of the shelf of some Brick and Mortar hardware stores

At least I was able to find all of mine that way. They were the last ones, dating from 2005...

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%