Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Zippo europe warranty experiences??

nl Offline anditsgone

Zippo europe warranty experiences??
on: April 10, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
I have broken one of the tabs on my zippo.
I have slipped the insert into my matt finish zippo but want my chrome brushed working again as soon as possible.
I have a zippo vendor in the nearest town but they are closed today.

I wonder if anyone here has ever used the zippo europa warranty?
How long does it take?
Who pays the shipping costs?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Zippo europe warranty experiences??
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:32:41 PM
I don't know abotu in Europe, nor can I say anything about Zippo service because I've never dealt with them, but the way it usually works here is that you pay for shipping to get the product to them and they pay shipping to have it returned to you.

If you have a local dealer that might be preferable as they may replace it over the counter (depending on the circumstances) and deal with the company themselves while you walk away happy.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 08:26:55 PM
I don't know abotu in Europe, nor can I say anything about Zippo service because I've never dealt with them, but the way it usually works here is that you pay for shipping to get the product to them and they pay shipping to have it returned to you.

If you have a local dealer that might be preferable as they may replace it over the counter (depending on the circumstances) and deal with the company themselves while you walk away happy.

Def

Zippo never replace's their products but always repairs them, (as you stated your'e not familiar with zippo so you could not know this) i think that when i bring it to the local zippo vendor he will take care of the shipping.
I never heard any negative reviews about zippo waranty but could not find any reviews about zippo eurpe waranty. Really curious if it takes 6 weeks like victorinox or 1 week. (vic's warranty is great but 6 weeks is too long :-[ )

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 09:48:32 PM
So i have been to my local zippo vendor and they said that they will ship it to zippo, i only have to pay the shipping costs to zippo (3 euro). They said the repair time can take between 2 to 8 weeks. I will go back to the store in 6 weeks to see if it is back again.

Hope this helps someone.

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 10:01:30 PM
So i have been to my local zippo vendor and they said that they will ship it to zippo, i only have to pay the shipping costs to zippo (3 euro). They said the repair time can take between 2 to 8 weeks. I will go back to the store in 6 weeks to see if it is back again.

Hope this helps someone.

You can go to zippo site, and send it yourself, i have already done that, took me 3 weeks and there it was back home working perfectly!

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 08:40:31 PM
... I never sent a Zippo in as well. But I asked today at work. I have a coworker who is a heavy smoker and he uses a zippo every single day to light his coffin nails.

Well, I asked him and he said he dealt with them in the 90s. He went to a registered Zippo vendor and they sent it in. It should take some weeks. For that, they even borrowed him a lighter. He had to sign a paper and they called him when it was back at the store. He had to give the borrowed one back and got his old, repaired and refurbished back.

No idea if it is actually true, but it makes some sense somehow.
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

au Offline ljnoble

• The Land DownUnder
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 03:36:15 AM

Def

Zippo never replace's their products but always repairs them, (as you stated your'e not familiar with zippo so you could not know this) i think that when i bring it to the local zippo vendor he will take care of the shipping.
I never heard any negative reviews about zippo waranty but could not find any reviews about zippo eurpe waranty. Really curious if it takes 6 weeks like victorinox or 1 week. (vic's warranty is great but 6 weeks is too long :-[ )
I had my grandfathers Zippo that he had for ever one of the old shape ones, and the hinge on it was broken so he sent it back to Zippo with instructions that if it was risk it was going to he damaged they wouldn't do it and just please send it back. So after a few weeks I get my mail back and to his surprise there is not one but 2 Zippos in the mail. One is my grand fathers with his army buddy's engravings in it from when he was given  it, and a second  replica of the same Zippo. With a letter saying something along the lines of, they couldn't fully fix it with out risk of it getting damages and they were glad it had served me so well and lasted so long here is a fully working one. I'll have to see if I can find . they are both mine now as my grandfather has passed away noe.

I'm guessing he was just very lucky and that this doesn't happen very often but I remember how chuffed he was on that day and haven't had a bad thing to say about Zippos warranty since.

Should point out it was posted to them from Australia as well so there was a long wait on the postage

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

From The Land DownUnder

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 10:22:48 PM
I have already sent in my zippo at the vendor and will go back to them to see if it is ready in about 5 weeks.
I have another zippo laying around and that is my replacement edc for the time my other zippo is in for warranty.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 12:05:36 AM
Dumb question... couldn't you just put a new insert in it and keep going?  It's not like it's that complex a machine.

What exactly was wrong with it?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 07:32:03 PM
Dumb question... couldn't you just put a new insert in it and keep going?  It's not like it's that complex a machine.

What exactly was wrong with it?

Def

Nope, there was nothing wrong with the insert. The hinge on the case was  broken.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%