Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Badge request limitations

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Badge request limitations
on: April 11, 2016, 01:04:24 PM
Is there a page dedicated to badge request threads, with listed limitations, guidelines etc?

For example, the 10 OPT tools, do they have to be 10 different, or are duplicates allowed?
For the watches, do they have to be nice watches, as in, expensive? Do keychain watches etc count, or just wrist watches?
The 30-day badges, do they have to start at the first of a month?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:10:43 PM by ReamerPunch »

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: Badge request limitations
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:07:11 PM
Is there a page dedicated to badge request threads, with listed limitations, guidelines etc?

For example, the 10 OPT tools, do they have to be 10 different, or are duplicates allowed?
For the watches, do they have to be nice watches, as in, expensive? Do keychain watches etc count, or just wrist watches?

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;area=listAwards;u=2

The quality/price of watches is irrelevant
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 06:25:50 PM
I usually look at what other badge request threads look like before I submit mine. Some can be very confusing, especially the 10 OPT because some look like one piece but technically they might not be. Like the ones with carabiners. Then there is also the form factor and size. I have seen folks posting all the one piece looking tools they got and hoping 10 will make the cut.

I don't think duplicates are allowed in any of the collection type badges... at least I have never seen a request with one. At least the color of the tool or a marking should be different.

I have started a challenge thread in the middle of the month. When posting I go as Day 1, Day 2, etc not matter what the day of the month is. But you have to post in consecutive days.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 05:37:29 PM

The 30-day badges, do they have to start at the first of a month?

We've never been that sticky about the rules for Merit Badges as they are meant to be fun.  I would say, for the most part, the awarding of the badge is largely up to the moderator who awards it.... or not as the case may be.

As a certain lobster doctor (not mentioning any names) seems to be the one that hands out more than anyone else, I would suggest being very nice to him!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%