Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Don't Tread on me

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Don't Tread on me
on: April 12, 2016, 02:38:43 AM
Well with my curiosity getting the better of me I done went and bought a Tread :facepalm: I said I wouldn't and I did :bnghd: :dwts: :whistle:

My first impressions are that it is a very high quality tool  :tu: I like how LM has made this bracelet so feature dense :o If I was one to wear a bracelet or even a watch on my wrist I would love to have this tool with me :cheers: But alas I digress ::) I will never wear this as it is a bit to heavy and clunky for me :( At least I can say I tried but as I was afraid although nice I can never see me going anywhere with it on :cry:  More than likely I will be selling this so fine MT in the next few days in the MT 4 sale thread :D Here is a few pics so you guys won't be :pok: me :D

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: Don't Tread on me
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 02:54:34 AM
Really nice, sure wish I could wear something like that, I would get one in a second!

must  :ahhh resist  :ahhh

;)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 02:58:10 AM
Really nice, sure wish I could wear something like that, I would get one in a second!

must  :ahhh resist  :ahhh

;)

Resistance is futile  :assimilate:

:D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:26:30 AM
I say try it out or send it on a pass around starting with me...   :whistle:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 06:47:03 AM
I saw one at REI but I didn't get a chance to try it on.  I can see myself trying to wear it but eventually not.  It sure is an interesting tool no doubt.  I'd love to come across one at the flea market. 
Esse Quam Videri

de Offline leatherman-shop.de

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:50 AM
really nice looking  :D
multitools for the one leaving nothing undone

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 11:52:14 AM
I say try it out or send it on a pass around starting with me...   :whistle:

:facepalm: ::) :D

gb Offline Biker_Bob

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 01:26:38 PM
I really like the look of these, but the price (over here) is prohibitive.
Also I've got hairy arms and I'm concerned about pinching!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:40 PM
Congrats P   :cheers:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 12:41:07 AM
The other day I was at Cabela's and they had a Tread on the display case. I looked at it and thought who on earth would want such a large ugly thing.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 03:34:16 AM
The other day I was at Cabela's and they had a Tread on the display case. I looked at it and thought who on earth would want such a large ugly thing.

That is my thought as well but I have seen plenty of people with watch bands that big or bigger that I would never wear either :D So at least some people will be able to wear it and pull it off without it looking out of place :tu: Well at least to themselves :D

Come on yud you know you really want one now though :pok: :whistle:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 04:57:48 AM

That is my thought as well but I have seen plenty of people with watch bands that big or bigger that I would never wear either :D So at least some people will be able to wear it and pull it off without it looking out of place :tu: Well at least to themselves :D

Nope I'm good.  (Unless it was free :whistle:)

It looked too big for my wrist (I tend to remove watch links, now that I think about that seems like a big problem with the idea).  And I am not big on wearing any jewelry beyond a lapel pin.  Also I am only slowly getting over not liking Leatherman.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 05:53:02 AM

It looked too big for my wrist (I tend to remove watch links, now that I think about that seems like a big problem with the idea).  And I am not big on wearing any jewelry beyond a lapel pin.  Also I am only slowly getting over not liking Leatherman.

Yeah if you find a free one let me know :pok: :rofl: Yeah I am not a jewelry wearer either but was more curious than anything with this one and figured I could always get my money back on it if I didn't like it at all :D

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 06:47:48 AM

Yeah if you find a free one let me know :pok: :rofl: Yeah I am not a jewelry wearer either but was more curious than anything with this one and figured I could always get my money back on it if I didn't like it at all :D

I guess I just have better control of my curiosity :D

But then I am more interested in who is the user then owning one myself.  Are they actually using them? Are they jewelry that someone thinks is manly, but never used? Or are they doomed to a to never be worn because their attractiveness wears off after being bought and/or worn?

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 08:09:37 AM
Good score Poncho! I wasnt takin by the Tread in the beginning. But it is trying to appeal to me now.    :D
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 02:55:13 PM

I guess I just have better control of my curiosity :D

But then I am more interested in who is the user then owning one myself.  Are they actually using them? Are they jewelry that someone thinks is manly, but never used? Or are they doomed to a to never be worn because their attractiveness wears off after being bought and/or worn?

I usually have better control myself :ahhh but this tool is completely different and for that reason I was a little more interested than normal  :D

Good score Poncho! I wasnt takin by the Tread in the beginning. But it is trying to appeal to me now.    :D

Thank you sir :salute:

You know you want one David :pok: :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 03:51:05 PM
For anyone interested ::) :D I believe I am aloud to post links of this nature in this forum :think: If not mods please remove :tu:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65742.new.html#new

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 05:18:56 PM
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry just saw how much these things cost :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 05:25:32 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I knew going into this that I probably wouldn't keep it  ;) Just thought I'd give something different a try but I am a creature of habit and should have known I wouldn't wear it :shrug:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 06:51:46 PM

I knew going into this that I probably wouldn't keep it  ;) Just thought I'd give something different a try but I am a creature of habit and should have known I wouldn't wear it :shrug:

I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you.   :D

I am just sort of shocked that Leatherman would try something so far out of the box at a price that out strips the rest of the MT market.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 07:20:39 PM

I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you.   :D

I am just sort of shocked that Leatherman would try something so far out of the box at a price that out strips the rest of the MT market.

Owe I know :tu: I was just trying something different and different is good just not for me :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 01:10:05 AM
It is different it was certainly designed to be "out there".  I'm ok with LM pushing the boundaries of what a MT is.  I'm actually very good with them doing it.  Sure they can "improve" existing tools but many mod theirs anyways.  I'd like to see them try to keep costs down but with a tool like that I'm not sure how they do it  :think:.

I would like them produce more random things.  Just cause the make it don't mean I got to buy it.  I think it keeps them forward thinking and fresh.  Thats a least my 2c. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 01:44:37 AM
I just blew about that much gambling.  At least you have an ugly bracelet and a few driver bits that you will never use to show for it. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 03:30:47 AM
It is different it was certainly designed to be "out there".  I'm ok with LM pushing the boundaries of what a MT is.  I'm actually very good with them doing it.  Sure they can "improve" existing tools but many mod theirs anyways.  I'd like to see them try to keep costs down but with a tool like that I'm not sure how they do it  :think:.

I would like them produce more random things.  Just cause the make it don't mean I got to buy it.  I think it keeps them forward thinking and fresh.  Thats a least my 2c. 

I agree that they need to branch out in different ways in the MT industry :tu: Peoples needs change all the time and I am glad to see them putting forth an effort no matter how odd to me it seems :D Gerber is innovative like this already, sure they have hit some dead ends but they have also landed on a few that were out of the ballpark :cheers: Whether this thing goes or not only time will tell  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 03:31:16 AM
I just blew about that much gambling.  At least you have an ugly bracelet and a few driver bits that you will never use to show for it.

::) :rofl:

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 03:45:45 AM

I do appreciate the idea and the thought that went, even if I think it should of stayed in concept.  I remember reading that every year BMW lets their engineers have two week to make what ever they want.  So from that standpoint I get.  But at this price there will be no Tread II or PowerBraclet (this would be better with compound leverage, as is everything :D). Because I doubt there will be any demand, and so no money in refinement or as a jumping off place.  Just like the Jucie line has not gone anywhere, (I would argue due to the price compared to the competition), despite being the most flexible chassis LM has.

Offline JJR512

Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 07:47:28 AM
I have a Tread. I got it in the first week they were available, from Cabelas, where they were only available from for the first few weeks.

I wear it every day at work, and frequently when I'm not at work, too. But I don't wear it around the house.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 03:40:42 PM
I have a Tread. I got it in the first week they were available, from Cabelas, where they were only available from for the first few weeks.

I wear it every day at work, and frequently when I'm not at work, too. But I don't wear it around the house.

I am glad to see somebody that is getting along with it :cheers: Hope it lasts you a long time and you are able to fix many things with it :tu:

Offline JJR512

Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 10:42:06 PM
Thanks. Yeah I love it and think it looks great, but admittedly my sense of style has always been a bit different. In fact I'm even thinking of getting the black version as well, to wear when it would look better than the stainless version with whatever else I'm wearing.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 11:14:33 PM
Here is another "wearer"  :salute:
I say "wearer" cause I rarely used its tool features since I got it, probably the beer opener wins in most used gizmo. I think it has been on my wrist almost daily for around half a year now, as a watch strap, with the exception of the rare occasion when I needed to dress smart, and used another watch. The DLC holds up pretty well with normal "wear".
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69