Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

NS-2

livan · 46 · 6867

ru Offline livan

Re: NS-2
Reply #30 on: April 23, 2016, 12:00:26 PM
BTW, in the blog, the weird suit with all the little tubes - is that like a heated ultra-cold-weather suit? I only made it through about two Russian classes and the Cyrillic alphabet murders me, so I haven't a clue what it says.

Cooling system worn under the armour. From what I can make out of the translator, the pictures and someone who knows a little russian who I asked to read it over, I'm guessing the suit in question is a hybrid between an EOD suit and heavy ballistic armour. Combat engineers, heavy on the combat and focused on MOUT. The Russians must have plans for this experiment, and it is going to be a rude surprise for someone.

I apologize that are off topic. Test new equipment "Warrior 2" girl.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:04:13 PM by livan »

ru Offline livan

Reply #31 on: April 23, 2016, 12:19:10 PM
I also learned that in Russia, the problem with the production of such a tool, the plant defense Minesterstva not profitable to produce multitool. Small volumes and money. That this instrument was presented by the Army, but just could not find the company for its production.

The plant makes CAMPO NA-2 instrument with no income, but it huge orders for the difficult technique of the Ministry of Defence. And in this complex vygodno.Vygoda from retail sales will only be in mass production multitool

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Reply #32 on: April 23, 2016, 05:36:26 PM
I also learned that in Russia, the problem with the production of such a tool, the plant defense Minesterstva not profitable to produce multitool. Small volumes and money. That this instrument was presented by the Army, but just could not find the company for its production.

Is the Russian military limited to using only Russian vendors? You *know* there are Asian firms that would jump at the chance. Despite their shoddy reputation, there are some who can do top-notch work.

ru Offline livan

Reply #33 on: April 23, 2016, 06:08:11 PM

Is the Russian military limited to using only Russian vendors? You *know* there are Asian firms that would jump at the chance. Despite their shoddy reputation, there are some who can do top-notch work.
After the events in Ukraine, where they were placed big orders in Russia, and after the US and EU sanctions, only to move their production to Russia. Now even small details can not be ordered abroad Russia.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #34 on: November 12, 2016, 03:30:45 AM
What a sweet MT that is!  :drool:

ru Offline livan

Reply #35 on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:54 PM
http://kampo.ru/content/nozhi
The site of the company issuing the tool

se Offline crokan

• im modding as fast as i can okay??
Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 10:32:47 PM
Was anyone able to get their hands on one?

us Offline Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 15, 2022, 07:55:42 AM

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: January 15, 2022, 01:49:47 PM
It won't last long at that price  :D

us Offline Adam5

Reply #39 on: January 15, 2022, 01:55:00 PM
 :rofl:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #40 on: January 15, 2022, 08:25:42 PM
I know, right? I mean, who could pass up such a bargain. :pok:

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: January 16, 2022, 07:13:23 AM
Just a short note on patents:
  • There is no worldwide patent. Patents are only valid in the countries or regions which they have been applied for and granted.
  • Most countries have patent laws and thus patents. The actual laws and regulations, thus what constitute a patent, varies though.
  • Almost everywhere patents are time limited. Usually 20 years maximum. There is usually also an increasing yearly upkeep to pay.
  • Patent owners have discover breaches and legally enforce the patent themselves. That can be difficult and very expensive - and in some countries useless.
Patents aside there are also other intellectual property rights like copyright, trademark, design protection and trade secrets. Thus, for instance, even though the Coca Cola bottle shape is way older than any patent could protect, it would still breach other rights to do so.

Edit: On a sidenote there is also the saying that you don't really have a patent until it has been defended in court at least once. Surprisingly many patents fall through in courts either because of leaky coverage or being judged wrongly granted in the first place.
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #42 on: February 11, 2022, 02:46:10 AM
Ok, I just had to get one. Some shocking findings. 1. Handled this with “bare hands” right out of the box and guess what “my hands are not the slightest bit black from the black oxide coating.” The black oxide coat is smooth and more uniform and homogeneous than any tool I have. Why can’t Leatherman do this? 2. Pliers open and drop shut effortlessly just like a Victorinox, but also have the same tight tolerances. Why can’t Leatherman do that? 3. Bit holder is very close in size to Leatherman, but the bits are slightly thinner in profile. So you cannot use Leatherman bits in this tool. 4. The ruler is readily visible and easy to read. Why can’t Leatherman do that? 5. No doubt the Russian company copied Leatherman’s design, but to my complete surprise they did a far better job than I ever anticipated. Maybe Leatherman should recruit some of the engineers from the Kamno company. Just my initial thoughts. Hope some of you guys get one so we can compare.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline Adam5

Reply #43 on: February 11, 2022, 03:06:01 AM
Did you order it from the Kampo website or buy it on ebay?

Edit:
Just saw your post in the Deals subforum

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #44 on: February 13, 2022, 04:43:28 AM
Why does the saw blade on your tool look far more hefty than the one on the ebay link you posted in deals?

Also, the screws look different.

Are there already different variations or are they made in different factories?

-Wes.

* s-l1600.jpg (Filesize: 58.12 KB)
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #45 on: February 14, 2022, 12:23:03 AM
The screws are some kind of proprietary T10-12. The saw is the same width and length as Leatherman Wave saw, just a bit taller. Not only do the pliers drop open, but the tip comes to a ridiculously fine tip. Comparable to SOGs I have. Fact is guys, all the implements are rock solid. Which is why I am anxious for another member to get their hands on one to compare notes. I have been US Army Reserve 31 years and played with a lot of Russian gear. This is not at all what I expected. They have defiantly raised their standards. Of course, we are talking EOD. You would hope they have quality gear.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%