Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wanted: Gerber MP 650

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Wanted: Gerber MP 650
on: April 25, 2016, 06:17:34 AM
Looking for tech kit or individual replaceable plier heads.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Wanted: Gerber MP 650
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:35 AM
Looking for tech kit or individual replaceable plier heads.

Which heads are you looking for ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 06:20:29 AM
Technician and DET Plier head, if you have some ideas how to find these I'd greatly appreciate it.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:18:52 AM
I have forwarded several technichians plier heads in original clamshell in the past from a german seller to different members. Maybe one who bought several shows up and is willing to part with one of them.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 10:57:48 AM
Technician and DET Plier head, if you have some ideas how to find these I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sorry, I don't have spares of either of those to sell separately (I'm using the ones I have to make up full MP650 kits with all 5 different plier heads:  Std needle-nose, EOD needle-nose, blunt nose, technician, cable cutter). 

The SS EOD (cap crimper) pliers head only seems to have been sold with the full "military" kit, I've never seen them for sale separately.  A possibility is to buy an MP600 EOD (either genuine or the cheap Chinese copy) and harvest the plier head - it will need a small amount of grinding on the pins, but then fits and works OK.  Of course it will have the BO finish, not the original SS.

If it helps, the Gerber part number for the Technician plier head is # 48281.  This is the same plier head as the MP600 Fisherman (but I think that would be a very expensive way to get one).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:03:03 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 04:08:33 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info. Would you consider selling the entire kit?

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:24:06 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info. Would you consider selling the entire kit?

PM sent

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 10:36:20 PM
If you are interested, I know a place that has the civilian version of the MP650 for sale. I'd be willing to foward it if you would like.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 11:34:10 PM
Sure, please forward information. Thanks for helping me out.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:54 PM
Sure, please forward information. Thanks for helping me out.
PM sent. Also, you need 5 posts to reply to PMs (you only have 4)
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 01:01:24 AM
Guys I wanted to thank you for all your replys. My wife found a military version with technician and blunt tip plier head on Craig's list at a reasonable (i.e. Doesn't know what he's got price). I still don't have the original military tech kit bag or EOD plier head so if you have one for sale or swap please let me know. Been collecting and using MTs for years and have a few duplicates so I'll keep my eye out and try to take care of you guys as well.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 149.6 KB)

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 10:49:26 AM
Guys I wanted to thank you for all your replys. My wife found a military version with technician and blunt tip plier head on Craig's list at a reasonable (i.e. Doesn't know what he's got price). I still don't have the original military tech kit bag or EOD plier head so if you have one for sale or swap please let me know. Been collecting and using MTs for years and have a few duplicates so I'll keep my eye out and try to take care of you guys as well.

I'd rate $125 as a very excellent price, well done to your wife  :tu:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 10:40:04 PM
Jeez these things don't go for cheap
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 122.23 KB)

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:18 AM
$400??? What??? Crap
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 11:18:11 AM
Jeez these things don't go for cheap

Yeah, it got too rich for me once it topped $200.00 (and it still had a long way to go).  The MP650 set with EOD pliers and large pouch seem to be getting rarer, so I guess the price will remain high for any offered on the open market.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%