Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fifth company category - Who could it be?

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: Fifth company category - Who could it be?
Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 11:54:34 PM
That is who I do it Steinar. Sadly, some people just visit the SAK forum or LM or whatever forum and never go see the other forums. I tend to think this is sad. Lots of great threads and posts in the other forums. When the challenges where going on, only a few would check them out. Again which is sad, there is a lot of cool info in them and we got to know some of our members even more. Which I think is a good thing.

That's us mobile

Agreed.

I usually don't use the Show New Topics option though.  I just open the main forum page, start at the top and work my way down.

Def
Same, although I find that means I miss a lot of the lower subforums on the forum home page. I've missed a couple screaming deals by a few minutes because I didn't bother to check the for sale thread for days at a time
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 12:13:15 AM
Yeah, I can't count the number of deals I have missed over the years.   ::)

I often don't check the Trade Forums that often simply because I hate thinking about the ones that got away.  Even worse sometimes, if I do get a great deal I sort of feel bad for snagging it before anyone else has a chance to get something, and I kind of feel like a bit of a bully!   :ahhh

In those cases I will let an item sit for a few days, and if it's still there then I might get it. 

Assuming I haven't spent my money on something else in the meantime.... :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 01:35:55 AM
Well, on the hypothetical side, I'd have to go for bike MTs, simply because I think a lot of people don't see the potential and variety they have. Or if I had to name a brand it would be Topeak (good tool selection at a reasonable price).

Or maybe an "unconventional" section. for those small axe/hammer/pliers, but also bike tools, tactical shovels and such? But then again there's this "General Tool Discussion" that can swallow such things.

I do believe the General Tool Forum is too general, but maybe that's just me.
Then again, having too many subforums would limit posts to few of them, which is already an issue.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 01:37:21 AM
Well, on the hypothetical side, I'd have to go for bike MTs, simply because I think a lot of people don't see the potential and variety they have. Or if I had to name a brand it would be Topeak (good tool selection at a reasonable price).

Or maybe an "unconventional" section. for those small axe/hammer/pliers, but also bike tools, tactical shovels and such? But then again there's this "General Tool Discussion" that can swallow such things.

Small axe/hammer/pliers  >>>  Cheap and Cheerful
Bike tools  >>>  Outdoor and Survival Forum
Tactical shovels  >>>  Outdoor and Survival Forum or Axe Hole

All though any of them can be put into the General Tool Discussion

How about a Tactical section?  :think:
I am also surprised there's no firearms section.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 01:44:48 AM
That is who I do it Steinar. Sadly, some people just visit the SAK forum or LM or whatever forum and never go see the other forums. I tend to think this is sad. Lots of great threads and posts in the other forums. When the challenges where going on, only a few would check them out. Again which is sad, there is a lot of cool info in them and we got to know some of our members even more. Which I think is a good thing.

That's us mobile

Agreed.

I usually don't use the Show New Topics option though.  I just open the main forum page, start at the top and work my way down.

Def

That's what I do. I open every category, and post in whatever thread interests me. I may not own a Rescue Tool, or a Gerber, or a gun, but I am interested in other people's edc, and always appreciate a nice pic.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 01:47:28 AM

Small axe/hammer/pliers  >>>  Cheap and Cheerful
Bike tools  >>>  Outdoor and Survival Forum
Tactical shovels  >>>  Outdoor and Survival Forum or Axe Hole

All though any of them can be put into the General Tool Discussion

How about a Tactical section?  :think:
I am also surprised there's no firearms section.
Theres a guns thread or two in the Break room, but they arent very active. I think you firget most of MT.O is located outside the 50 states, which is really one of the only countries in the world with a true "gun culture"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 01:52:50 AM
We certainly do not want a new section that will stay quiet, but at the same time, a new section on something with somewhat of a following could motivate more people to post and generate more activity.  :think:

For example, the Rescue Tool section could be renamed Tactical and Professional, for soldiers, police officers, security, first responders, firemen, etc. Surely that would generate more activity than having it just for Rescue Tools. And it would relieve some of the congestion on said items in other threads.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 03:11:58 AM
I think Ganzo will have a page way before Bear and Son.. Their new tools and knives are considered really bad - they are just coasting on the fact that they are not made in China.
Ganzo, worldwide, probably sells way more multitools than all the others, but they are usually rebranded. Most buyers buy low cost multitools.

For a new subforum to be introduced it must guarantee enough traffic and interest, whilst not draining the existing subforums.

Some of the subforums only have a few active threads.

And, the Rescue tool subforum never really gets any interest - I wonder why it is still there.

There is a rescue tool sub forum?

au Offline ljnoble

• The Land DownUnder
Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 06:42:46 AM
I think Ganzo will have a page way before Bear and Son.. Their new tools and knives are considered really bad - they are just coasting on the fact that they are not made in China.
Ganzo, worldwide, probably sells way more multitools than all the others, but they are usually rebranded. Most buyers buy low cost multitools.

For a new subforum to be introduced it must guarantee enough traffic and interest, whilst not draining the existing subforums.

Some of the subforums only have a few active threads.

And, the Rescue tool subforum never really gets any interest - I wonder why it is still there.
Sounds like the rescue tool sub forum is in need of a rescue

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

From The Land DownUnder

us Offline Marcellus

• What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 02:30:12 AM
HEY there is a "watch " sub forum !
I did not know that !

Whoda thunkit ?

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 02:32:24 AM
HEY there is a "watch " sub forum !
I did not know that !

Whoda thunkit ?
Its pretty new, only made in the last month or so

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 02:41:29 PM
Yeah, it's a fancy new forum that I started recently because everyone was already talking about watches.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it is proving to be a bit pricey!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: May 02, 2016, 09:33:54 AM
Ref: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,66043.0.html

How about just...tools?

From Socket Sets to Lockpicks to Hacksaws, There's probably a lot of people already on the forum who are either tradesman, or enjoy working with their hands, who would have a wealth of knowledge to share and discuss on the subject, and if someone happens on yon forum and trying to get advice on the best set of wire twising pliers to get and becomes a convert and starts supporting the industry the supports this website (or is it vice versa?), then all for the good.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%