Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rdub's Truper for merit badge request

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Rdub's Truper for merit badge request
on: May 02, 2016, 04:41:42 AM
We've finally had a few dry days in succession and not much wind to speak of today so I got the burn-pile fired up this afternoon. While it was roaring away, I spotted a few hedges that needed to be trimmed. I went and grabbed my trusty Truper. Additionally, I used it to shorten some of the pieces enough to fit on the pile better. At that point it dawned on me - I need to snap a pic real quick and request that "Axe User" merit badge! Not sure how to get a picture of my axe "in use" so hopefully this works.

I absolutely abuse my axe, lol. I've used the back of the head as a sledge hammer. I've also used my sledge hammer to pound the back of the axe through a huge and wickedly-stubborn log that refused to split. I also use it to assist in digging holes into the cement-like dirt in my yard. It has not let me down yet ;)
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Rdub's Truper for merit badge request
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 06:00:16 AM
Nice pic and badge awarded.   :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:12:57 AM
Congrats on the badge :cheers:

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:04:23 AM
We've finally had a few dry days in succession and not much wind to speak of today so I got the burn-pile fired up this afternoon. While it was roaring away, I spotted a few hedges that needed to be trimmed. I went and grabbed my trusty Truper. Additionally, I used it to shorten some of the pieces enough to fit on the pile better. At that point it dawned on me - I need to snap a pic real quick and request that "Axe User" merit badge! Not sure how to get a picture of my axe "in use" so hopefully this works.

I absolutely abuse my axe, lol. I've used the back of the head as a sledge hammer. I've also used my sledge hammer to pound the back of the axe through a huge and wickedly-stubborn log that refused to split. I also use it to assist in digging holes into the cement-like dirt in my yard. It has not let me down yet ;)

If you're having trouble splitting a log, it may be better to invest in some wedges. They will be a softer steel than the axe or sledge hammer and not likely to chip off shards that could embed themselves in your legs or eyes. Hammer on Axe pole not the best

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 07:58:06 PM

Great picture but remind me never to lend you an axe  :D
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 09:27:44 PM

That may have had to went without saying :rofl: ;)

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:39:35 AM

We have all done it, maybe cut some roots with your good axe because thats the only one you have with you at the time  :whistle:
But you don't tell your interweb friends  :D
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 11:04:05 PM

If you're having trouble splitting a log, it may be better to invest in some wedges. They will be a softer steel than the axe or sledge hammer and not likely to chip off shards that could embed themselves in your legs or eyes. Hammer on Axe pole not the best

I need to get a splitting maul, I just don't end up splitting much wood, so it's not a really high priority for me. Funny you mention about flying shards - before I started in on it, I armoured up :tu: googles and carhartt coveralls. I was still freaking out, though

:rofl: I would NEVER treat someone else's property like that. I only use my Truper like that because it was cheap

We have all done it, maybe cut some roots with your good axe because thats the only one you have with you at the time  :whistle:

I'm not scared! Lol
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 07:13:21 AM

Cheap users are useful sometimes (and good for lending  :D )
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 03:31:54 PM

Hey I become a Viking when I get an axe in my hand so anything in the woods is fair game roots an all :viking: :whistle:

:rofl:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 04:33:48 PM

Hey I become a Viking when I get an axe in my hand so anything in the woods is fair game roots an all :viking: :whistle:

:rofl:

I sort of feel the same way, except less Viking and more Jack Torrance. Anything in the hotel is fair game. J/k, I would never murder anyone with an axe for no good reason.

Funny story, I bought my Wife a Glock 43  for Mother's Day earlier in the week. I traded in my 4" S&W 629 for it, so I am carrying this huge hand cannon around the store, looking at every firearm in the place.... wearing my The Shining t-shirt that features a huge picture of Jack on the front. :facepalm: I didn't realize it until I was walking out of the store. I had a good laugh. A good maniacal laugh.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:40 PM
 :D
Jack.jpg
* Jack.jpg (Filesize: 34.93 KB)
Everything’s adjustable

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!