Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Have you changed/moved any of the tools on your SOG multitool?

dks · 21 · 2297

Poll

Have you ever changed any of your SOG's tools/implements

Yes, I have changed/replaced/removed/moved at least 1 tool myself
Yes, but someone else did it (when I had it or before)
No. It is in its original configuration

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Do people actually modify their SOGs?

The ease of changing the multitool setup is a selling point, but, how many actually do it?
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Didn't buy one for that reason but I did change it.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Deleted

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
I added the bit driver instead of the two washers that came with the PPP.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
I have changed my Powerlock and Power Assist. Gonna change up the SP2 and Paratool when I get some parts later.

That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Vinjints

Not as of yet, but certainly plan to.  Will be adding a serrated blade, a v-cutter, and the bit driver over 2 tools.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,63451.0.html

I have! It was necessary to better meet my needs with my SOGs. Not only did it bring my tools more in line with what I want in them, but it was fun to do :tu: I have more mods planned in the future, too, as I have really taken a liking to the V-cutter, and I'd like to get one swapped into my SwitchPlier 2 in place of the file. I'm also kicking around some different options for my PPP, but I'm not settled on anything yet.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
I've added a saw from a cheapo MT to my Powerlock, took the original out to implement it on the Blacktip (instead of the Fish Scaler), then I added scissors to my PPP, took out the file and combo edge.

I don't want to touch my PowerPlier, though, it's perfect as it is.  :D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
I have changed both my PL and PT a few times and have taken them completely apart to clean.  I like taking in the blades off, preferring a SAK.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Nothing major. Put a fully serrated blade on my Powerlock, and added scissors and large flat driver to my switchplier. It's one of the things I like about SOG
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

Offline graham_s

• New User
I put the full sheepsfoot blade in instead of the clip point.
I'd like to replace the file for a better one.

us Offline Jegred2

Put a plain edge blade on my switch pliers, and put the blade on the other side of the tool. Can't stand lefty serrated blades, and a lefty placement of the blade.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Here a quick pic from a recent Pocket PowerPlier build
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
So, 90% of SOG users modify their tools  (who am I to argue with the statistics)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Stats can be manipulated though.   :P   Especially around these parts lol.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
..and the 1% who did not change anything was me, so, extrapolating from that, the most intelligent, handsome, highly educated, well endowed, young and fit, wealthy people do not change the set-up.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
 :facepalm:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Another great thing for us MT hoarders and modders is the compatibility between SOG and LM tools.

Best excuse to mod my Powerlock to my liking!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Sweet! A SOG with a good phillips and scissors! :rofl:

Well done
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

nl Offline nick ootes

Did you have to mod them or are the tools directly interchangeable?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Did you have to mod them or are the tools directly interchangeable?

No modding. The Phillips and scissors have a bit of wiggle, but if you manually press the piano lock the tools remain locked in the open position, and you can put a lot of force on the driver without unlocking it.
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%