Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The time has come

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
The time has come
on: May 13, 2016, 12:05:11 AM
Well, that wasn't too bad

And now... :wait:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Re: The time has come
Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:08 AM
:popcorn:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 12:31:15 AM
 :popcorn: :popcorn:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 02:23:16 AM
Whats your plan for it?
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 04:03:49 AM
Well, ever since I got the big-6, I have had an upgrade in mind. So, we shall see what develops.

I'm being annoyingly vague on purpose :rofl:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 04:11:57 AM
Well, ever since I got the big-6, I have had an upgrade in mind. So, we shall see what develops.

I'm being annoyingly vague on purpose :rofl:
:P

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 02:45:42 PM
When you're ready.   :pok:   :pok:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 06:25:39 PM
Ok, fine.

Introducing my MP400 Bladeless!

When I got the 600, I saw an opportunity. Since I prefer to carry a folder with my MT, I can eliminate some redundancy and swap the file into my 400 in place of the CE blade.

Additionally, the one thing I have thought the MP600 basic REALLY NEEDED was a combo edge blade to compliment the plain edge and serrated edge blades ::) so now I can start working on that

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:28:00 PM by rdub934 »

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 08:19:11 PM
Nice mod :tu:

Now you just need a spear point PE blade, and you can put 4 different blades on your MP600!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 08:32:55 PM

Now you just need a spear point PE blade, and you can put 4 different blades on your MP600!

Whoa, slow down! I am not sure if it is possible to dream TOO big, but that is just crazy talk, sLaughter!

Lol

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 02:10:14 AM
MP600 Wolverine (because now I'll have three blades in one hand)

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 06:29:23 AM
Can I play?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 06:31:15 AM

Whoa, slow down! I am not sure if it is possible to dream TOO big, but that is just crazy talk, sLaughter!

Lol

:shrug:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 07:46:37 AM
Outstanding! :salute:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 07:50:40 AM
Excellent! :tu:  Several of us have done that mod, myself included. 50ft-Trad called it an MP425, in between the 400 and 450. That's what I call mine as well.  Like you, I prefer to have a dedicated folder on me rather than rely in a MT blade. The file and scissors make more sense to me.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 08:10:17 AM
Excellent! :tu:  Several of us have done that mod, myself included. 50ft-Trad called it an MP425, in between the 400 and 450. That's what I call mine as well.  Like you, I prefer to have a dedicated folder on me rather than rely in a MT blade. The file and scissors make more sense to me.

A little while after I posted it up, I got to looking around the forum for Gerber mods and stumbled across your 425 mod :salute: I am really amazed that with all the variations on MP600s, that more MP400 variations are not available. Also, with how easy the MP series are to work on, Gerber really needs to think about adopting SOGs customization oriented strategy and offer individual implements (and pliers heads) for sale.

But you know, that might make too much sense

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 03:18:37 AM
It won't be much longer, now

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 09:39:54 PM
It's time :D

The Diesel is a really nice tool. It sure would be a shame if something happened to it...

;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:41:43 PM by rdub934 »

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 09:50:27 PM
Oops :D

Finally! MP600D!!! Look at that saw. Look at that beefy file. Look at those big scissors. I can even live with that broken tip and funky grind on the knife. Big improvement over the stock load out on the MP600 Basic

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:52:45 PM by rdub934 »

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 10:07:55 PM
Now. Who wants to trade me a blunt-nose BO plier-head for a Diesel with 3 blades in it? Seriously.

Diesel is in great condition and includes a nice pancake sheath

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:08 PM
I´ll check my stash.

I once did the other way round and added parts from a MP 600 to teh Diesel - Dubbed it Turbodiesel...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:38:20 PM by lowtech »

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 11:00:39 PM
Nice! I can see the draw to do that, as well. The Diesel has a lot going for it. I like the lock tabs, the povot screws, the wire cutters are huge, the plier head in general is giant, and the mechanism spreads the handles a bit more than on the MP.

Let me know if you find one you can part with. Thanks for checking :tu:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 08:24:31 AM
Awarded.   :tu:   :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 05:52:02 PM
Love that MP600D mate. :cheers:  You can't go wrong with the Mp425 either.  My MP400 mod (the MP475) is a little different as I had a Gerber awl kicking around that was begging to be used.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,36680.msg608324.html#msg608324
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 09:09:57 PM
I've been fiddling with the MP600D (cumbersome name - D600?) since I got it put together yesterday. No real tasks. I used the blade to help break-down some boxes. The scissors have done some light paper cutting. Mostly I've just been opening and closing the various implements, getting used to deploying them in their new arrangement. Deploying the can-opener as a middle tool is awkward, but I am getting used to it.

My only issue, and I remember seeing in the past someone else having the same problem, the file and scissors are both difficult to deploy. The file is worse than the scissors, though. It's not pivot pressure, it's the extra material around the pivot-hole rubbing on the inside of the handle. The file and scissors are both right-side while looking down into the handle, closest to the screw. The left-side is where the bolt comes into the handle and causes a bit of space between the implement and the handle. It's causing enough friction that the BO is rubbed off the outside corner of the base of the file - in fact, it is shiny! I am guessing I could file a tiny bit of material off of the base of the scissors and file.

Anyways, even in spite of that, I am still really excited about the new load-out :tu: I can't wait to put it to some real work.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 09:39:00 PM
Nicely done :tu:  Now you have me wanting to mess with my Diesel....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 11:40:04 PM
I've made a little bit of a change, today. I decided to pull the Diesel blade out and put the serrated blade back in, and I swapped it's position with the file. This achieved a couple of important improvements for me:

1) With the file on the left side looking down into the tool, now it has a little breathing room between it and the side of the handle. It no longer rubs and opens as easily as all the other implements (although, after working it A LOT the past week, it must have worn enough material away that it wasn't too bad - friction FTW :tu:).

2) Eliminates a little bit of redundancy in that I can carry a folder with a high quality plain edge, and my MP has plenty of serrated edge to use on fibrous material. :tu:

Issues: the nail-nick on the file is no oriented to face the inside of the handle. But it is basically a non-issue since the file is covered with traction, so even if it had no nick - it would still be easy to grab and deploy. Also, the nail-nick IS still accessible thanks to the cut-out on the cap-lifter - it drops away just in time to reveal the nail-nick on the file.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%