Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Paracord.... shoes?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Paracord.... shoes?
on: May 16, 2016, 08:07:48 PM
Yup, you read that right- Paracord shoes.  And, I can tell you that they are pretty keen, and the proof is in the name.... since you know, they are made by Keen.

Perhaps I should step back a bit and explain the logic behind me buying these shoes.  All summer long I tend to wear sandals or flip flops most of the time, or occasionally vented type boat sneakers.  In fact, I even have a pair of steel toed safety shoes, where most of the shoe is mesh.  These are best for water sports as they don't hold water, and quite frankly I prefer the comfort of an open shoe over pretty much any other.  Plus it keeps the foot odor to a minimum, and means I don't have to fiddle with socks.  :D

So, when I found these interesting paracord shoes I figured I just had to have them.  Considering they were on sale for a fraction of their regular price (which, as Keens are usually substantial) it was  hard thing to argue with.

I haven't put a lot of miles on them yet, but so far they are quite comfortable.  I've always had an interest in proper footwear since I have almost always worked on my feet, and I will admit to having more pairs of shoes, boots, sandals and flip flops than many folks will have in their lifetime.  Given my various injuries over the years (in case you missed it, both my ankles now have hardware in them) I really have no patience for substandard footwear.

So what's so special about these shoes?  Well, they give a bit more protection to your feet than typical sandals that tend to be more open to the elements, so I expect less scratches and cuts from brambles and thorns.  They also seem a bit more shoe-like than sandals, and so might be seen as a little more acceptable in places that frown on sandals, although to be honest I can't think of any places like that since I don't go to such places....   :ahhh

They also have a nice, synthetic tongue and do up with a small clip with shock cord "laces" so they can be done up quickly and easily, or take off the same way.

So far I'm pretty happy with them, but as I said I haven't put a lot of miles on them, but I will update this as I go and see how they hold up. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Paracord.... shoes?
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:03 PM
In case anyone is looking for a pair, or want to laugh at them, here is the link:  http://www.keenfootwear.com/en-ca/product/shoes/men/uneek

They are called Uneek, and the color I have is black and gargoyle.  They have some interesting color names indeed.... but, with some patience and a few feet of paracord it's nice to know I could change them to whatever color I want. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 08:53:38 PM
Pretty kool until you look at the price, ouch..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:31 PM
Yes, that does seem a bit steep for what really is only part of a shoe...  :ahhh

But, as I said, I got them for much less on sale.

Def

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 10:38:37 PM
Well that's good, I bought a unique boat type of shoe, when I was working you couldn't have any type of open shoe, so I kinda played, theses shoes were like screened, and since it was black screen I bought black socks to blend them in, and you couldn't tell! He he.. Hey it worked! There my summer shoe, and I took them out the other day, but haven't worn them yet, especially since it freaking snowed yesterday.. This is May right?
JR

Here's a pic, I gotta get a new pair, there getting a little old.
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 232.74 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 10:42:05 PM
Well that's good, I bought a unique boat type of shoe, when I was working you couldn't have any type of open shoe, so I kinda played, theses shoes were like screened, and since it was black screen I bought black socks to blend them in, and you couldn't tell! He he.. Hey it worked! There my summer shoe, and I took them out the other day, but haven't worn them yet, especially since it freaking snowed yesterday.. This is May right?
JR

Here's a pic, I gotta get a new pair, there getting a little old.

I have similar shoes- one pair is actually steel toed, while the other two are just regular boat shoes.  They looked similar enough that I would swap the steel toes for the regular ones from time to time when the steel toed ones started to give me problems.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%