Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Emergency Stress Management

Rico-2 · 41 · 3122

00 Offline Rico-2

Emergency Stress Management
on: May 16, 2016, 10:25:20 PM
Video: Psychological First Aid

00 Offline Rico-2

Re: Emergency Stress Management
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 10:52:04 PM
Video - Mental Health First Aid & Resources:

Video - Psychological First Aid: The Core Actions (part 1):

Video -  Psychological First Aid: The Core Actions (part 2):

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:53:56 PM by Rico-2 »

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:43:53 PM
Interesting that the first video stresses the Swiss flag so much. Could prove dangerous to have Swiss flags in a combat zone and not the proper red cross... Accidentally being mistaken for combatants (although the Swiss seem unlikely to go to war) is not good for morale.

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 11:51:37 PM
Could prove dangerous to have Swiss flags in a combat zone and not the proper red cross...
Good point.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 01:24:11 AM
Chuck Jones presents emotional first aid

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 01:34:31 AM
I think this kind of thing is important.  The more we learn about PTSD the more we can try to stem it at the source. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 10:46:25 PM
Interesting that the first video stresses the Swiss flag so much. Could prove dangerous to have Swiss flags in a combat zone and not the proper red cross... Accidentally being mistaken for combatants (although the Swiss seem unlikely to go to war) is not good for morale.

Not sure why but at least in the US a lot of FAKs are red with white crosses.  I assume it is more visible to be red and to avoid copyright problems.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 02:53:26 AM

Not sure why but at least in the US a lot of FAKs are red with white crosses.  I assume it is more visible to be red and to avoid copyright problems.

The FAK I have in the Jeep is red  with a white cross.  The bag it's in has a red cross badge on the front to identify that there's a first aid kit inside.

I don't think people get that specific when an emergency happens, they just look for crosses.  In Canada green crosses are also used for first aid stations.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 03:01:18 AM

The FAK I have in the Jeep is red  with a white cross.  The bag it's in has a red cross badge on the front to identify that there's a first aid kit inside.

I don't think people get that specific when an emergency happens, they just look for crosses.  In Canada green crosses are also used for first aid stations.

Def

So it's true; Canadians really do have green blood like Vulcans!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 03:22:57 AM
Obviously you've never watched hockey or you'd know what color Canadian blood is. ...

Def

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:34:02 AM
Obviously you've never watched hockey or you'd know what color Canadian blood is. ...

Def

:D
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 03:46:40 AM

Def

:D

:ahhh :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 03:47:57 AM

Def

I have never really paid attention to the few FAKs we have at work so I will check tomorrow and see what color the cross is :think: :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 04:15:54 AM
A quick Google Image search for First Aid Kit shows a number of green ones, many from UK suppliers.  Maybe it's a UK thing?

Def

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 08:22:11 AM
A quick Google Image search for First Aid Kit shows a number of green ones, many from UK suppliers.  Maybe it's a UK thing?

Def
Green "First Aid Crosses" are starting to mean something completely different here in the states. I just moved to Oregon a couple years ago...

I guess you could say. Red cross still (and always have) mean physical health, and green cross means mental health.
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:15:07 AM
The green/white symbols for safety and first aid are part of ISO 7010 which has been adopted by most, if not all, of Europe.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 09:28:33 AM
The green/white symbols for safety and first aid are part of ISO 7010 which has been adopted by most, if not all, of Europe.
Correct

White cross on red ground == SWITZERLAND
Red cross on white ground == RED CROSS
White cross on green ground == FIRST AID international standard
Star of life (see below) == FIRST AID USA

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 09:32:30 AM
Correct

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks.

I think I'll stick with just labeling mine

FIRST AID  :whistle:

Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 11:44:13 AM
Correct

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks.

I think I'll stick with just labeling mine

FIRST AID  :whistle:

I want to create a discount kit and call it second aid for folks who can't afford first aid ...

Thanks folks, I'm here all week.

Def

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:45 PM
I think I'll just keep safe and unharmed, so as not to need a green-red-white-blue with a cross-star-snake thingie...

Oh, and keep in mind your idea has already been used, Boss.

Show content
I've seen lots of SAKs around here...

:whistle:
Show content
And yes, I'm here all week, too.

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 04:41:45 PM
I happened to think and snap a couple pics here of ours first aid kits.  Seem to be the same brand but they are different sized kits. Also a few years in age different (we keep them stocked as we run out of things). The only thing the same is the cross between kits it seems :think:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 04:43:22 PM
I guess the teal colored one is glow in the dark from looking at my pic and then checking the kit itself out, I have never noticed that as I am only around it in daylight :D

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 06:45:45 PM
I happened to think and snap a couple pics here of ours first aid kits.  Seem to be the same brand but they are different sized kits. Also a few years in age different (we keep them stocked as we run out of things). The only thing the same is the cross between kits it seems :think:

Instead of that, I prefer to Be Prepared first.

Show content
Then...

:D :D :D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 07:01:34 PM
I'm afraid this discussion is somewhat derailing from its title: "Emergency Stress Management". That would be a pity.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 07:12:36 PM
I'm afraid this discussion is somewhat derailing from its title: "Emergency Stress Management". That would be a pity.

Oh, I don't think so...

Show content

Your stress seems to be emerging...

Show content

Can you manage it?

:whistle:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 07:19:38 PM

All of your videos were about first aid of some sort so I would say that this thread is staying on track more than some I have been involved in :tu:

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 07:25:02 PM
All of your videos were about first aid of some sort so I would say that this thread is staying on track more than some I have been involved in :tu:

The title of this topic is not about physical first aid, but about mental health care and emotional first aid. That is a totally different field of care.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:27:50 PM by Rico-2 »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: May 19, 2016, 08:02:36 PM

The title of this topic is not about physical first aid, but about mental health care and emotional first aid. That is a totally different field of care.

Yes you are correct and I believe I am done reading your threads and commenting for even when I do comment in your topic range your not satisfied with anything I say. So good day to you I am out

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #28 on: May 19, 2016, 08:11:26 PM

Here at Multitool.org I believe conversations are like living things and need to be allowed to grow in whatever direction they want.  Some forums are very single minded in discussions, and off topic discussions are discouraged, and so our way of doing things takes some getting used to. 

Threads are going to get derailed around here- it happens.  If you want something to get back to the original topic you are welcome to post new information, new questions or simply try to guide the conversation back to where it began.

Def

00 Offline Rico-2

Reply #29 on: May 19, 2016, 08:48:29 PM

Yes you are correct and I believe I am done reading your threads and commenting for even when I do comment in your topic range your not satisfied with anything I say. So good day to you I am out
I respect your input, and I try to be respectful to everybody. But this is a discussion forum, so I discuss things with arguments, from which I can learn. I didn't mean to be rude to you at all. Sorry if you felt that way. My English is just not so good.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%