Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Emergency Stress Management

Rico-2 · 41 · 3118

00 Offline Rico-2

Re: Emergency Stress Management
Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 08:52:43 PM
Here at Multitool.org I believe conversations are like living things and need to be allowed to grow in whatever direction they want.
Thanks for clarifying the forum culture here.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 10:08:10 PM
Here at Multitool.org I believe conversations are like living things and need to be allowed to grow in whatever direction they want.
I would go even further and say that derailments are not necessarily bad.

In this instant, the use of the wrong symbol for first aid clearly question the qualification of the experts that made the video. I mean if they don't get the basics right, how can we trust their knowledge about advanced stuff?
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 10:14:37 PM
Finally watched the first video:

Executive Summary of all practical advice:
- If the victim/patient sounds suicidal redirect to a professional
- Take care of yourself so you can take care of others.

The rest of the movie is about lots of funky, modern keyword without any practical advice. If I were a citizen of Minneapolis I would be quite angered that they wasted money on this video.

00 Offline Rico-2

Post Disaster Stress Management
Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 11:08:50 PM
Video - Post Disaster Stress Management

00 Offline Rico-2

How to Build Courage
Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 11:27:31 PM
Video - Courage to Succeed

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 11:33:43 PM
I happened to think and snap a couple pics here of ours first aid kits.  Seem to be the same brand but they are different sized kits. Also a few years in age different (we keep them stocked as we run out of things). The only thing the same is the cross between kits it seems :think:

Yo, where's your pics at?   :pok:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 12:07:56 AM
Video-risk of incorrect use of pronouns in firearm related situations

There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 01:31:43 AM
I happened to think and snap a couple pics here of ours first aid kits.  Seem to be the same brand but they are different sized kits. Also a few years in age different (we keep them stocked as we run out of things). The only thing the same is the cross between kits it seems :think:

Yo, where's your pics at?   :pok:

+1

I'm afraid this discussion is somewhat derailing from its title: "Emergency Stress Management". That would be a pity.

:think: isn't this going off topic to talk about being off topic.  Thus creating a whole spring of off topic conversation about going off topic.  This may be off topic but maybe we sure deconstruct the very nature of off topic as a concept.

So...  :b2t:

In this instant, the use of the wrong symbol for first aid clearly question the qualification of the experts that made the video. I mean if they don't get the basics right, how can we trust their knowledge about advanced stuff?

Your post about FAK color is interesting, and at least in the private sector it seems that this is another place where America expresses its individually.  Which makes me wonder why, I wonder if it has to do with ski patrol which uses white crosses on red.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #38 on: May 20, 2016, 06:34:32 AM
Ok this is going to stupid as an answer to white crossed on red FAKs, but I think I have a good guess. 

In 1888 Mr. Johnson of Johnson and Johnson came up with the idea for the FAK.  J & J uses red crosses, they even sued the Red Cross over putting red crosses on FAKs.  So my thought is that it has nothing to do with the Swiss flags but became a way to mark knock off products.  At some point it became a default for first aid.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 08:40:54 AM

Your post about FAK color is interesting, and at least in the private sector it seems that this is another place where America expresses its individually.  Which makes me wonder why, I wonder if it has to do with ski patrol which uses white crosses on red.
IIRC then the American use of the cross of life predates the standardised white cross on green.

In the US the ambulance had the blue cross of life, which they adopted as general symbol for first aid.
I Switzerland  (Europe?) for a long time ambulances carried the red cross, now they also have the blue cross of life.

The red cross is reserved for the Red Cross and armed forces medical personnel and military chaplain (he das the emergency stress management). Any other use is illegal or at least restricted* (even if a company has used the red cross before their country signed the Geneva treaty).
Why we see the Swiss Cross everywhere I can only speculate.
- It is very close to the red cross and served as inspiration for the red cross.
- Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit is very quickly deployed and in place long before other relief troops arrive. Possibly because they have much less red tape due to the neutrality of Switzerland.

* e.g. even if you are allowed to use the red cross as a logo you are not allowed to paint it on your building.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #40 on: May 20, 2016, 06:24:07 PM
Video-risk of incorrect use of pronouns in firearm related situations

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD