Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cap lifter fail

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Cap lifter fail
on: May 24, 2016, 02:57:39 PM
Seriously? My MP600 couldn't open a soda bottle. It was regular metal cap and it just wouldn't hook it. Is it an older cap lifter or?  :-\

I never ever saw a MT fail this bad at opening a simple bottle cap... I tried 5-6 times with the MP600 and it just slipped, scratched and punctured the lid. My wife made fun of me and I took out my Victorinox Rogue who opened the mangled cap in two moves...

I was really disappointed by this... I thought everything lifts caps, let alone Gerber's flagship product...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: Cap lifter fail
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:13:59 PM
Hmmm, that's disappointing to hear. I've never had a problem with my MP series popping tops of soda pops.

Was it the twist-off type, or a proper cap without threads? I've learned the twist-offs don't open as readily with a cap lifter.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:15:11 PM by rdub934 »
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:56:13 PM
 :pok:  try using the other side   

:D 
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:06 PM
Just a regular old school cheap bottle cap for a one liter soda bottle. It was pretty big and well crimped, not like those flimsy juice and beer bottles but still it should have worked… I mean the Rogue did just fine… I should have some more bottles at my aunt’s I’ll snap some pics for you guys…  :-\
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:15:15 PM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:21:55 PM
I tested mine out at lunch a little while ago - it completely dominated the cap on my cherry limeade :tu:

I know - at this point I am just rubbing it in :D
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:30 PM
I tested mine out at lunch a little while ago - it completely dominated the cap on my cherry limeade :tu:

::) :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 12:35:58 AM

and here's me thinking you're supposed to drink it. :D

Never had a problem with the MP cap lifter myself.  It's not the best one out there but I've never gone thirst because of it.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 02:26:27 AM
I've never had an issue with it either. Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%