Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

+B's new Alox

Offline marduk

+B's new Alox
on: May 25, 2016, 04:31:39 PM
Just received email that +B will be selling 2 new alox colors, turquoise & what appears to be dark gray, for 8 models. To buy all models in both colors will set you back over $1000USD.

us Offline Captain Howdy

Re: +B's new Alox
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:28:44 AM
Again the dark grey looks too close to black similar to another retailers run. Turquoise is ok, I would pick a few up if they were more reasonable with pricing.
Up the irons

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:37:50 AM
Paying twice the going price with Bianco's name emblazoned on the blade is enough to put me off.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

sg Offline red_rider_1979

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 09:38:06 AM
Agree. The etching the blade was a bad move. I hope Roger can set himself apart from his competitors by coming up with old cross and old shield models

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:04:44 PM
Ya I noticed that is their new style of showing limited run lines, and IM not a fan of blade etching like that either.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Captain Howdy

Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 12:15:37 AM
I believe the identification on the knife is ordered down from Vic. Way I heard it is sfo's from retailers have to be marked from now on, most are going with logos on the engraving plate Swiss B is going with the blade etch. In my opinion I'd rather go with the blade etch because it can be polished off unlike the schweizermesser logo on the pile side of the knife. My rub with Swiss B is the pricing.
Up the irons

nl Offline shenkie

Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 12:53:09 PM
I believe the identification on the knife is ordered down from Vic. Way I heard it is sfo's from retailers have to be marked from now on, most are going with logos on the engraving plate Swiss B is going with the blade etch. In my opinion I'd rather go with the blade etch because it can be polished off unlike the schweizermesser logo on the pile side of the knife. My rub with Swiss B is the pricing.

As far as I know this is true. They changed the policy right before the first Classic, Cadet and Pioneer limited editions were announced.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%