Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DeSantis Super Fly

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
DeSantis Super Fly
on: May 26, 2016, 12:05:24 AM
    Had been looking for alternative concealed carry options for a Taurus PT 738.

Over a couple of months of online browsing found that there was a DeSantis Nemesis that got decent reviews. Still, I thought, it's going to print. I'm a big man, stuff sticks out.  :o

Did some more browsing and found DeSantis had a Super Fly that was much like the Nemesis except the grippy surface had been upgraded and there was a velcro flap that was added to break up the printing.

The package from Amazon arrived today. :mail: And so far I'm impressed. Haven't carried it in my pocket just yet. As now I have to find a way to carry a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime phone... maybe with some sort of shoulder strap gizmo. Belt clip options don't work or last long on us bigger fellas, and the other pocket carries a Rogue wallet.

Without further ado here the the pocket holster without cargo.

Outside - Empty - The fly is attached by velcro, it can be removed

Inside - Empty

The exterior is quite grippy to the touch, and would suggest using rubbing alcohol or soap & water to clean the holster when lint and pocket debris gets on it.

Outside - Payload

Inside - Payload

Looks like this was well worth the wait, although wished I would of known about this pocket holster much sooner. Would of saved me buying a Barsony Brown Leather Pancake Gun Holster (purse-grade leather). It works, but it's pliable - not stiff like a quality Mich Rosen holster is.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Re: DeSantis Super Fly
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:01:26 AM
Am impressed. Not once has the holster even budged. Pistol slides right on out

Only issues I have with it is the abrupt edge where it goes in the front of the pocket. That sort of needs work.

Past that the only other adjustment I've made was putting a wadded-up handkerchief in the bottom of the Dickies twill work pants. Seems to help hold up the weight of the concealment package to where it's more comfortable. These pockets are deep and have a pointed pocket bottom.

Do wished there was some grab on the trigger or magnet on a slide area to help hold the pistol in more, as the inner material is slick. I might see about adding a small magnet in towards the bottom. Nothing heavy, but a small amount of drag.

This holster type would work great in cargo pants and shorts!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:04:32 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%