Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Smartphone Gun - Not So Obvious Conceal Carry Option

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
    Surprised no one's mentioned the .380 Smartphone gun from Ideal Conceal yet.

The creator's been getting flack from the stupid people, and from others concerned that it does not look like a gun so now they choose to be offended by such. Man, if I had the bucks I'd consider getting one myself. Strange how people get so easily offended when someone wants to carry a concealed (you're not supposed to see it anyhow) weapon for protection.

https://cdn.theguardian.tv/mainwebsite/2016/04/05/160405phonegunfinal2_h264_publish.mp4

¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: Smartphone Gun - Not So Obvious Conceal Carry Option
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 12:47:12 AM
Looks like Q made this for 007...

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 02:29:54 AM
I had this discussion earlier.  If I could legally carry (Men don't wear pistols in Canada) I would, and I would carry openly.

It's not for protection, it is for preparation.  I have been in several situations in my life where a firearm would have been appreciated.  I managed without it, but then I have also managed without other tools when I needed them too.

I spend a lot of time in the woods.  So do bears.  While I would very much rather not kill one, the bang of a shot fired in the air may scare it off.  If not, a second well placed round would.solve the issue decisively.  The same situation without a firearm becomes very messy, and likely is not pleasant for either of us.

I really don't want to see this get political, so let's all choose our words carefully in any responses.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:21:33 AM
This is going to come under the same NFA rules as a cane gun. And honestly, I've owned more useful pistols than a .380 derringer that are this size. Like most disguised firearms this is not the solution IMHO- with proper holster selection better pistols just disappear. 
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:48:40 AM
    It looked interesting. Of course the some congressmen are worried - can almost see someone putting two large round black stickers on the end of their smartphone and point at their fellow Congress when they start getting out of line. :rofl:

In all seriousness, this thing has got to sting if fired. Course when one's life is in danger that doesn't matter any, but one has to practice with their firearms to know how they function and will handle.

If money wasn't an object I'd of ordered one if nothing more than for a collectible. Have carried a mouse gun and may be doing so more, but never a derringer. Seen a derringer pistol held on a belt buckle. Thought about getting one once or twice but they are more than what a mouse gun sells for, and 6 + 1 is better than 2. But as the Navy guys tell me: 2 is 1, 1 is None.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 11:12:01 PM
There was something similar out of the Balkans some years back.

http://funnycoolstuff.com/2006/02/25/cell-phone-gun/

cellphone-gun.jpg
* cellphone-gun.jpg (Filesize: 9.5 KB)

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 12:00:04 PM
Having seen how poorly these gimmicky firearms pretty much always perform, I wouldn't be willing to bet my life on it.

This is going to come under the same NFA rules as a cane gun. And honestly, I've owned more useful pistols than a .380 derringer that are this size. Like most disguised firearms this is not the solution IMHO- with proper holster selection better pistols just disappear.

Exactly.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD