Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Evil Incarnate: Evil's modern interpretation of the Mini-Tool.....

evil510 · 147 · 18781

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
I'm doing great thanks :)

I saw the last pictures of Project Skeletool and it was brilliant. But I have to say this one is definitely more my kind of thing. Brilliant.  :)
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline BlueDot

Your work is so unbelievable.   I've toyed with making my own custom tool to fit my needs at work,  but could never approach your level of skill.
But if it ever happens,  I hope you don't mind if I try to copy your 2D bit holder.  What a great tool!

:tu:
There are just 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary number systems, and those who don't

us Offline evil510

• Envision. Create. Innovate.
I'm doing great thanks :) I saw the last pictures of Project Skeletool and it was brilliant. But I have to say this one is definitely more my kind of thing. Brilliant.  :)
Thank you, Dave  :salute: I'm glad to hear that you have been doing well. This tool is growing on me rather quickly and will no doubt become an essential part of my EDC.....

Your work is so unbelievable.   I've toyed with making my own custom tool to fit my needs at work,  but could never approach your level of skill.
But if it ever happens,  I hope you don't mind if I try to copy your 2D bit holder.  What a great tool! :tu:
Thank you, BlueDot. I remember you from back in the day. I'd like to see some of your creations one day. As for the 2D bit driver, while being pretty straight forward, let me know if I can help in any way.....   :salute:
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Evil's Urban Trekker (on hold)
Shear Evil (on hold)
The Evil Incarnate (a work in progress)

UPDATES:
Evil's Quad Strop Mini introduced.....
Evil's Pocket Octo-Driver introduced.....
Brute Driver HD - COMPLETE

LATEST NEWS:

us Offline evil510

No new progress on the tool itself. Still working out some details and refinements before sending parts to my heat treater. Been crazy busy with other projects. Had a little time to spare and thought that I would address how I plan to carry this tool. Despite how enormous this tool is when expanded, it is actually very small when closed. A full sized clip would take up the majority of a handle and decrease comfort, so I ditched that as a first option. Adding a clip button like that of my Project Skeletool didn't seem fitting with the proportions of this tool either. A sheath is most always a last resort for me. What I decided on is a quick release, form fitting holster. I wanted it to have an open face and not be enclosed, to be able to showcase the exterior of the tool while still being firmly secured. This is just the beginning of the prototyping phase. Nothing planned out, just improvising as I go. I may end up changing the design altogether.....

~ evil ~

The thirty minute quick and dirty two part mold made from scrap materials.....

All things considered, this primitive mold worked like a charm. Told you all I am old school, lol.....

Basic shaping of first stage done. Since I wanted it to have an open face, I kept the height of the side walls along the length of the tool for added support and to prevent any shifting.....

Fits like a glove thus far. Still have to figure out how to retain and lock it into holster, etc. as well as a clip mechanism.....

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:07:48 AM by evil510 »
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Shear Evil (on hold)

UPDATES:

LATEST NEWS:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
No new progress on the tool itself. Still working out some details and refinements before sending parts to my heat treater. Been crazy busy with other projects. Had a little time to spare and thought that I would address how I plan to carry this tool. Despite how enormous this tool is when expanded, it is actually very small when closed. A full sized clip would take up the majority of a handle and decrease comfort, so I ditched that as a first option. Adding a clip button like that of my Project Skeletool didn't seem fitting with the proportions of this tool either. A sheath is most always a last resort for me. What I decided on is a quick release, form fitting holster. I wanted it to have an open face and not be enclosed, to be able to showcase the exterior of the tool while still being firmly secured. This is just the beginning of the prototyping phase. Nothing planned out, just improvising as I go. I may end up changing the design altogether.....

~ evil ~

The thirty minute quick and dirty two part mold made from scrap materials.....
(Image removed from quote.)

All things considered, this primitive mold worked like a charm. Told you all I am old school, lol.....

Basic shaping of first stage done. Since I wanted it to have an open face, I kept the height of the side walls along the length of the tool for added support and to prevent any shifting.....

Fits like a glove thus far. Still have to figure out how to retain and lock it into holster, etc. as well as a clip mechanism.....

Very nice sheath evil :dd: :cheers:

:like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
This is awesome.  :tu:

Now someone get the LM to give this man a smurf load of money to buy the design and start the production of the next generation mini tool. My fifth pocket needs this!  :gimme: :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

Now someone get the LM to give this man a smurf load of money to buy the design and start the production of the next generation mini tool. My fifth pocket needs this!  :gimme: :D

:cheers:

us Offline evil510

Very nice sheath evil :dd: :cheers:
Thank you, Poncho. What started out as a simple holster has taken on a life of its own. I decided a tool as unique as this deserves a carry method worthy of it, so, I put it a lot of little details on this holster to truly compliment the incarnate. Making it an open face design yet secure at the same time took a little doing. The only thing left is the clip mechanism, which has gone m.i.a. at the moment....

Thank you, SteveC.....  :salute:

This is awesome.  :tu: Now someone get the LM to give this man a smurf load of money to buy the design and start the production of the next generation mini tool. My fifth pocket needs this!  :gimme: :D
Thank you lister. Your name looked familiar to me and recalled that you were into sewing kits, etc. I appreciate them as well, my Mini Pen Stitcher has been serving me very well for quite a while now.....  :salute:

:cheers:
Thank you, ReamerPunch..... :cheers:
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Shear Evil (on hold)

UPDATES:

LATEST NEWS:

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Really nice tool! I had something similar in mind some time ago, but newer got around to doing anything about it as I cant seem to find the energy for my hobbies since I started working...  :D And due to total lack of my machining skills I would have to get it made. In matter of fact I didn't even get the design to be what I wanted.  :whistle: :facepalm:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
I'll buy a mini or two, but this, this is beyond beautiful. I want one.  :rant:

:D

Got two LM minis, if only I could get an Incarnate.

us Offline JBW1

• No Life Club
I feel like a Caveman that has seen fire for the first time!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I feel like a Caveman that has seen fire for the first time!

The Incarnate is awe inspiring isn't it :dd: :like:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Noone has talked about this in 2 weeks? Bump out of jealousy lol.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Noone has talked about this in 2 weeks? Bump out of jealousy lol.

:like: :like: :like:

us Offline Manny Sanchez III

Duuuuuude! You got some mad skills! This has got to be one of the coolest mods I've seen! Actually, can we even call this a mod? You built a whole new tool!  :2tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Tim Leatherman was talking about how many people were asking for a revival of the  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh !!!MINI!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh the other day and this thread came to my mind :dd: figured it deserved a good bump :like:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Tim Leatherman was talking about how many people were asking for a revival of the  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh !!!MINI!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh the other day and this thread came to my mind :dd: figured it deserved a good bump :like:

Would be good unless they decide to ask $250 like their PST come-back. Can still get PST on Ebay less than $50, though almost bought a PST II.  :rofl:
  PSt Mini would totally be cool with a dinky belt pouch.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
  Would be good unless they decide to ask $250 like their PST come-back. Can still get PST on Ebay less than $50, though almost bought a PST II.  :rofl:
  PSt Mini would totally be cool with a dinky belt pouch.

If they ask 250$ for this one I'll buy two...  :D

us Offline King_Gorilla

That is exciting.   :popcorn:

I carry my Mini to work 5 days a week.  IMHO, If the two folding tools were on on the outside (like a wave) it would be pretty close to perfect.

us Offline NetsNJ

That's not even a mod.  That's a whole new tool!  Amazing!!!

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
If Leatherman made this....id spend 150 without blinking

us Offline Adam5

I can't believe that I missed this thread until now. And it is sad that Evil has been inactive here for almost 5 years. His work was amazing  :o

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I do wished he would pop back in :-\ He was a very talented person and would loved to have bought one of these or some of his other awesome things he has made :ahhh :like:

Great :bump: Adam :tu: :like:

nz Offline Syncop8r

I can't believe that I missed this thread until now. And it is sad that Evil has been inactive here for almost 5 years. His work was amazing  :o
Have you seen this thread?

us Offline Adam5

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24