Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Euro 2016

enki_ck · 261 · 10249

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Re: Euro 2016
Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 10:05:15 PM
Wow! I just found out that as of June 1st there are 95 changes in vigor in football rules!
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

gr Offline firiki

Reply #31 on: June 11, 2016, 11:04:08 PM
England - Russia : 1 - 1

A fair result; England was better but the Russians weren't bad and they managed to score a goal and get one point right before the end.

It seems to me England has a good team, seeing that the players have got skills and they can work together, but I got the impression they were playing frantically and not thinking clearly against an opponent that wasn't pushing them that hard.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 11:37:36 PM
I was flipping channels and came on the game about 30sec before Russia scored. Of anyone wants me to randomly hit the game for/against a team, PM me.... ;)
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 04:24:30 AM
Anyone watching?

I know we don't exactly have many football fans here but some of us do like the game.

(And if anyone calls it socker, I'm gonna ban him/her for 24h, serously >:D always wanted to try that. And no politics) 

Right now Little Albania aka Switzerland is leading 1:0 against real Albania.

Any matches you're looking forward too?

Lol.

Well if I wrote it properly I'd have to ban myself :ahhh

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :whistle:

Yeah I got that much...   :P   :D

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 03:37:53 PM
36 minutes in and it's starting to look like the referee isn't up to this game/match. Hope it doesn't get out of hand. :(

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 03:42:50 PM
:woohoo:

bavaria Offline Humppa

Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 07:15:11 PM
Germany will start playing soon... Being world champion I´m almost curious how they will do against Ukraina.

I´m not a football fan at all, so I won´t spend my time there - but the result will get some of my interest.
You can call me Papa Andi

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister 24th Dec 1945 - 28th Dec 2015

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 07:25:10 PM
I admire and aknowledge Germany as the most succesful Fußballnationalmannschaft after the WWII, but it never excited me, as Italy, France, Denmark, Spain, CCCP (and later Russia), Czechoslovakia (and later Czech Republic), Yugoslavia (and later Croatia) and, above all, Netherlands did from time to time (add Argentina, Uruguay and, OK, Brasil, from the Americas). It is mainly team spirit, logic and athletic virtues that gives them an edge. The other countries had instances of pure genius and players that elevated the game to pure art.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:26:13 PM by kkokkolis »

gr Offline firiki

Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 10:55:57 AM
Germany - Ukraine : 2 - 0

An interesting match; Ukraine stood very well against world champions Germany and they could have got a draw or even won the game but it seems they didn't believe it in much.

Germany's first goal came from a free kick that IMO shouldn't have been awarded. The defender clearly touched the ball first and the tackle he did wasn't a violent one but... that Muller guy, Germany's #13, is known to dive and act in order to win free kicks and penalties. :rant: He's one player I strongly dislike. Ozil, on the other hand :clap: I liked Ukrainian goalkeeper Pyatov, he seems like a solid keeper :tu:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 04:37:24 PM
I was expecting a much better game between Spain and Czech R. Spain keeps overthinking and complicating things and the lack of a true forward like Torres is very noticable.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 09:46:45 PM
:ahhh I'm actually watching a soccer game! Not nearly enough checking to hold my interest. ;)  Four more months to hockey.....
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

gr Offline firiki

Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 10:59:06 PM
^^^ If you're talking about Belgium - Italy 0:2, JD, I don't blame you. A most uninspiring game, full of running around and kicking or pulling the opponents but nothing much in the way of good football.

I expect better things from Italy.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 11:28:17 PM
^^^ If you're talking about Belgium - Italy 0:2, JD, I don't blame you. A most uninspiring game, full of running around and kicking or pulling the opponents but nothing much in the way of good football.

For me Italy never played good football, successful, yes, but not a feast for the eyes like the Dutch for example. And they are regular customers of ours. :P Never ever have they managed to beat us in a quarter of a century even when they were at the top of their game. :whistle:

hr Offline styx

Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 07:47:08 AM
I was expecting a much better game between Spain and Czech R. Spain keeps overthinking and complicating things and the lack of a true forward like Torres is very noticable.

and I was hoping they would draw
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #44 on: June 15, 2016, 11:06:28 PM
And the French do it again. :ahhh Two goals in added time. I feel sorry for the Albanians. They came so close. Two good games and zero points to show for it. :(

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 01:28:42 AM
This is still going? :think: There's baseball on, people..... :P

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 02:06:11 AM
Almost for a whole month. :P

And don't get me stated on baseball. :facepalm:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 03:02:10 AM

And don't get me truly started on soccer! I can't walk at times and have fake teeth from hockey. These soccer guys go to the ground if a fan sneezes! My suggestion? Score the dives like in the Olympics. If the judges give you a 9.3 or better, you get a free kick..... :P

hr Offline styx

Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 07:18:12 AM

And don't get me truly started on soccer! I can't walk at times and have fake teeth from hockey. These soccer guys go to the ground if a fan sneezes! My suggestion? Score the dives like in the Olympics. If the judges give you a 9.3 or better, you get a free kick..... :P

Actually that's pretty much how it works.
As far as baseball, I don't get it. You're given a bat and you don't hit anyone with it
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: June 16, 2016, 10:19:22 AM
We like the sports we play, because we understand them better (and can appreciate what goes on)...

That said, I get more and more bored by those pro athletes. Watching unmotivated millionaires running around is just not fun.
I mean a cash bonus for scoring? Seriously? Isn't scoring for your country motivation enough?
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 10:53:50 AM
watched part of the Spain game, imho they still suffer from the same flaw, they create great opportunities and then screw it up at the crucial moment, thus resulting in a far too close game that with a tiny bit of bad luck could have gone the other way. That game should have been more than 1-0 even if that was all they need for the win... and so late in the game  :facepalm:
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 11:55:13 AM
From what little I have seen the live TV holds a very low standard. They seem to focus on the players and nor the game. This might be local but during the Portugal-Iceland game for example instead of showing a replay of what happened in the last minute yellow card situation they gave us a long showing of Ronaldo breathing. That situation was probably shown later in the commentary season afterwards but nothing of it was shown on screen during the match (another weird thing since it happened in the wall during a free kick, view wasn't the wall on screen?).

gr Offline firiki

Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 12:18:51 PM
^^^ I didn't watch that particular game but I doubt it is something local. Most probably the images broadcasted are the ones produced by the same, official crew at every stadium.

I agree that sometimes they should be showing replays rather than random scenes. Although I do remember a FIFA directive, effective in 2002 World Cup and not sure about now, mandating that questionable incidents shouldn't be played back on screen, in order to prevent bitter sentiments and violence. There were plenty of poor decisions I didn't need a replay to know for sure that were never played back, at least during the game.

Speaking of violence: stoopid, moronic hools! Were half of all this energy to be channelled towards something more constructive this world would probably be a better place.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:20:15 PM by firiki »

gr Offline firiki

Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 12:32:23 PM

For me Italy never played good football, successful, yes, but not a feast for the eyes like the Dutch for example. And they are regular customers of ours. :P Never ever have they managed to beat us in a quarter of a century even when they were at the top of their game. :whistle:

:D I wasn't aware of this fact :rofl:

True, I remember seeing Italy play many a good game but not during an entire Cup's duration. My pet peeve with them is that usually they all can play good football and yet they opt for that bloody catenaccio style.

Epic match between Italy and The Netherlands https://www.theguardian.com/football/2000/jun/30/match.sport  :rofl:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:37:58 PM by firiki »

gr Offline firiki

Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 12:56:03 PM

:rofl:

dks is right, millionaires not risking their golden legs... And bonuses are a lure for intentionally trying to fool the ref.  :rant: :ashley:

You can be sure that weren't there for yellow and red cards you'd have way more injuries in football.

One yellow is a warning for foul play, two equals a red one and that means you're suspended for the rest of the game. A straight-up red one means you did something quite nasty.

The number of yellow or red cards shown to a player has an effect on how many matches he's banned from playing in. As you understand, all this helps keep things civil. In spite of all that, I've seen some atrocities take place.

Show content
Also, ask me why I have a sore right ankle  :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvfM6OWWrU

#9, Schumacher on Battiston... The goalie never went for the ball :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:04:17 PM by firiki »

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #55 on: June 16, 2016, 02:13:19 PM
And the French do it again. :ahhh Two goals in added time. I feel sorry for the Albanians. They came so close. Two good games and zero points to show for it. :(
I hope they get redemption against Romania... ... ...instant 2nd place for Switzerland :D
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: June 16, 2016, 03:43:19 PM
I hope they get redemption against Romania... ... ...instant 2nd place for Switzerland :D
:twak::twak::twak::twak::twak:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 03:45:14 PM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #57 on: June 16, 2016, 03:49:21 PM
And England is down 0:1 after first half against Wales. :ahhh

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: June 16, 2016, 03:58:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvfM6OWWrU

I saw most of those, some live. I still remember #5 like it was yesterday, they didn't even show a single replay cause how scary it was. The rest of the Arsenal players were in shock for the rest of the game. I feel Eduardo could have been one of the really big stars if it weren't for that injury. :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:44:27 PM by enki_ck »

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #59 on: June 16, 2016, 04:36:38 PM
Not really - it usually gets more interesting towards the end, but in general football, with all the precious players worried about breaking any bones has been very tame the past few years.

I will definitely be watching some matches..

General Football!
 :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD