Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pathfinder & Duluth Packs

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Pathfinder & Duluth Packs
on: June 13, 2016, 07:54:36 AM
    Anyone gotten and used any of the Duluth Pathfinder packs?

Mostly curious about the performance and real world use of the Pathfinder Hatchet Haversack and if a kukri can be used in place of a hatchet?

One thing I'm wondering about is if there is an option to add a grommet at the bottom of each side pack to allow drainage, or if there is a flap option that Duluth could sew on the top of each pocket?

The other sack that grabbed my attention was the much larger Pathfinder Pack.

This one has flaps over the side pockets, but is this good enough for a camping or overnight pack? Am sort of worried about the shoulder straps as being a larger fella, especially when wearing a coat, is there enough room with comfort to use the pack??
    Had contacted Duluth by their facebook page and they claim the shoulder straps might have a custom length option at some point, but no projected time frame. Which sort of bothers me, don't they make their own packs? Why don't they make their own shoulder harnessing gear too??

Is the underneath side adequate enough to hold a bedroll, or is this just a gimmick?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:58:55 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Re: Pathfinder & Duluth Packs
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:08:31 PM
I like the look of Duluth packs, and I even managed to find a stockist in Aus once (Melbourne, for any locals wondering, The shop also does Opinels, and other neat stuff. It is a sort of retro man cave place)

My love of canvas and leather aside, I caution against getting something like this for serious use and hiking. The hard bitten swarthy folks around here might cuss me out as a milk drinking wuss, but bag technology has come a certain way, and with good reason.

I would consider looking at more modern options for your hikes, and get one of these as a nice about town pack to impress people with.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Pathfinder & Duluth Packs
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 05:16:23 PM
I must say that hatchet one looks nice, just not what I'm looking for, but it would be to find something in that heavy canvas! The only other place that I've seen with that canvas is L.L.bean, I remembered that the women in my extended family bought these simple bags from them so I did the same for my wife a while back, and I must say that it's nice and still hasn't been broken in..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%