Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MP 600 on the way!

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
MP 600 on the way!
on: June 19, 2016, 02:30:47 AM
I have been on a Gerber Kick and so far pleased with my Aquistions...Just bought an MP600 and an Impromptu Pen for Father's Day...I will be pairing it up with my Diesel and putting up my original Multi Plier which has spent a lot of time in my Pocket as of Late..I was thinking about an MP1 but wasn't sure
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

us Offline metasyntax

Re: MP 600 on the way!
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 02:42:13 AM
Congrats on the MP600, I love my blunt nose one. It's a Gerber classic. A bit clunky but solid. They're a great value.

I got an MP1 when they first came out and was very disappointed. However, current reviews seem pretty positive, which makes me wonder if the issues have been fixed. Like the Victorinox Hunter Pro, it's something I'd like to find out for myself, but the money just isn't there right now. If you do get one, let us know what you think about it! :tu:
May it be as the Pattern has chosen.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 10:04:27 AM
Good to see you Dtrain. :)  You really can't go wrong with a MP600, but I've baulked at the price of the MP1 so far.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 10:13:46 AM
MP600 blunt nose is my favorite too

A true tank of a MT,  and it sure is addicting to flick open!

Real gerber Classics, from the good old times

Congrats  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 04:46:28 PM
Congrats on the new MP600, Dtrain!

@ ThePeacent - cool pics, man! You have quite the collection of large multitools :tu:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 05:40:22 PM
Excellent! :tu: the 600 is a classic, such a great tool!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
My MP600 arrived after after a quick  touch up on a Crock Stick off to work I went. I used it for my Normal Cutting Chores Rain Curtains, Odd Straps, and tried it out on a piece of Airline from the Shop I ws pleasd with the performance of the Blades. I think that the Blades could be a bit Sharper with a slighter Grind but I figure that Gerber trades off a bit of Sharpness for detail work to have a stronger edge for rougher Utility Work...I used the Screwdriver Tips to spread some pins on the Light Box and tighten up a couple of Rattles on the Truck I drove Last Night..

Great Tool!
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69