Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Def Carnage

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Def Carnage
on: June 19, 2016, 10:27:29 PM
Megan and I went biking through a local conservation area today and I went down a trail I shouldn't have, just to see what it looked like. 

Needless to say the ground, a stump and two trees, one live and one dead conspired against me and this was the result!

I found out later that I had seveal scratches on my other arm too.  I'm glad my phone in the thigh pocket as well- it would have been worse if it wasn't.   The force of impact actually was enough to knock the rubber casing off my Otterbox Defender case!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Re: Def Carnage
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:53:56 PM

Ouch! Does not look too bad. What exactly happened? Went over the handlebar?

Take it easy the next time. Not sure what sort of trail you were on but I usually walk the technical sections and watch how others do it before I try. Did you get your suspension front fixed? If not that would have worked against you too.

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 11:04:13 PM
One of the reasons I haven't done any serious trail rides in years. Way too many injuries.

Glad to see you're still in one piece.

What trail were you riding?

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 11:15:34 PM
Sorry to see you've done the brown/blue/brown/blue thing Boss. Were you wearing gloves? I swear by my bang hat,but I'd sooner leave my crash helmet than my gloves!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 12:06:39 AM
:facepalm: how many screws will this require?
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:45 AM

Ouch! Does not look too bad. What exactly happened? Went over the handlebar?

Take it easy the next time. Not sure what sort of trail you were on but I usually walk the technical sections and watch how others do it before I try. Did you get your suspension front fixed? If not that would have worked against you too.

I hit the brakes at the wrong time, fell kind of sideways into a stump and dead tree.  I needed to grab the tree on the way down as the dead branches were sticking out like spikes and I didn't want any of them lodged in my skull.  This left my leg completely unprotected as it passed through a rotten stump.   

The more I think on it, there was a good possibility that if my phone hadn't been there I might have gotten a heck of a lot more damage.   :ahhh

One of the reasons I haven't done any serious trail rides in years. Way too many injuries.

Glad to see you're still in one piece.

What trail were you riding?

Morris Island Conservation Area when this happened, then we went to Fitzroy and biked there before hitting the beach.   Then we biked a bit more before coming home.

Sorry to see you've done the brown/blue/brown/blue thing Boss. Were you wearing gloves? I swear by my bang hat,but I'd sooner leave my crash helmet than my gloves!

No gloves and I even went lidless.  Bad idea I know. ......

:facepalm: how many screws will this require?

Surprisingly none yet!

I do occasionally like to have the odd injury that doesn't require extensive repair work....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline JP

Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:47:43 AM
Good on you for hitting the local attractions. When will you be Sport Rafting on the Ottawa River outside of Foresters Falls?

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 01:51:43 AM
Good on you for hitting the local attractions. When will you be Sport Rafting on the Ottawa River outside of Foresters Falls?

Soon I hope!

I've been wanting to do that since I heard about it.

Def

ca Offline JP

Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 01:54:50 AM
Great! The Sportyak is a fun thing to do as a couple too.

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 06:58:27 AM

Forgot to ask, is the bike ok? Kidding  ;)  They say that you automatically steer where you focus on. Do not stare at pointy objects in the trail  :D  Look at the path to go around it. That said ride long enough and everyone falls. Admire your spirit for adventure though :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 12:38:33 PM
Great! The Sportyak is a fun thing to do as a couple too.

That looks cool too. I miss paddling and need to make a trip to Halifax and get my boats.

Forgot to ask, is the bike ok? Kidding  ;)  They say that you automatically steer where you focus on. Do not stare at pointy objects in the trail  :D  Look at the path to go around it. That said ride long enough and everyone falls. Admire your spirit for adventure though :tu:

The bike is fine. I thought I'd messed it up because there was a nasty grinding noise when I started moving again but that was just some small twigs caught in the brakes and rubbing the tire.

I actually wasn't looking to fall, or where I was falling until it was too late.  Someone was yelling at me from fat back on the trail and I was turning my head and trying to listen.  I really should have been watching where I was going and I wasn't, so this one is totally on me.

My leg is a bit tender this morning and I think I'm going to not wear a watch for a few days while that cut on my wrist heals up a bit, but overall I'm ok.

And we can add "surviving a mountain bike accident" to the list of tortures the ZA1 had survived!

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 03:09:07 PM
You are gonna have to start being more careful Boss :ahhh Glad it was only minor stuff but that could have been bad :pok: :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 03:23:18 PM
I've lived to just over 40 with very few permanent injuries.  When you are over the hill you pick up speed!  Bring on the adventure! 

Being careful is for the people that think they are going to live forever.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%