Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's the point?

kaput · 26 · 2260

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
What's the point?
on: June 21, 2016, 06:04:52 AM
Why are all these old threads being bumped, the ones from 5+ years ago? It's making it very hard to browse these forums...

Is it for attention or to inflate post count?  :-\

*side note; I can't wait for this thread to be bumped, 7 years from now...
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Re: What's the point?
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:07:08 AM
 Relative information pertaining to current research on multitools.  :D

MTO is a plethora of information on multitools that one cannot fathom to read every post in any amount of short time, and leaves some things open for discussion for relative & current research. it's not like it's being lock behind a door and forgotten, the information is there for a purpose - like a massive library with no library fees. :D

So what you're probably wondering is, why not just keep it to myself then? Well, like any good book, especially on a forum, the good stuff is best shared or open for further debate. What was 6 to 10 years ago may have changed, and how can we adapt what had the good stuff compared to changes that may not be so adequate currently.

It's like an movie, like the Last Starfighter. Still a goody, has depth of story, yet we look at the cheesy graphics and think, wow, why doesn't Steven Spielberg remake this? Well, he said why in a post dated years ago, is all he could do was make the movie look better, he could not improve nor would he change anything in the story. Yet it's a good movie to share.  :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:16:16 AM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:24:06 AM
Why are all these old threads being bumped, the ones from 5+ years ago? It's making it very hard to browse these forums...

Is it for attention or to inflate post count?  :-\

*side note; I can't wait for this thread to be bumped, 7 years from now...

It is a look into the MTO past and with 10 years coming up it is a big deal.  I was in some of the old threads and loved seeing all the older members in these and some of them I brought back that were special moments in MTO history :tu: There is a good bit of info in the old threads if you read them as well.  MT info that may be well known now was newer then and it is nice to see why we know it now and who brought it to the table ;)

I am doing my post count inflate in the NLC forum mostly I just like these old threads and want other people to read them as well if that makes sense :multi:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:54:45 PM
I have no problem with it. It does bring back memories and it is cool to see how things have evolved over time and in some cases bring some knowledge back to the present that was lost or forgotten about. Or brings back some cool mods some have done or people's edcs then vs now.
But I guess I am kinda weird like that.

Nate

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 08:00:58 PM
I'm enjoying reading through some of the old threads  :tu:

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 08:13:42 PM
I quite enjoy seeing some of the old threads that helped start this community pop up.  We get the chance to read some posts from some great members that have unfortunately passed away, and some that were a big part of this place, but have moved on to other things, or are just unable to come here anymore.

MT.o's past, I  :salute: you!

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 08:44:35 PM
MTO is alive. And it is unlike any other forum. People here have tolerance you will not find anywhere else. Breaking the rules of other forums is the unwritten rule here. And people enjoy it. Off topics, silly jokes, meaningless posts and threads, everything is a spring of joy, for all evergreen teenagers who come here to discuss their toys. What you'll find in other forums and rarely or almost never here is bad intentions, bullying, trolling, hate posts, racism, bragging (well, unless it's just for fun this one), exclusion and, for me at least, boredom. MTO is not rule driven, it is soul driven. MTO is not object centered, it is person centered. MTO is not about tools of steel, it is about hearts of gold. MTO is not about a specific hobby sector, it is universal, eternal, global and immortal. MTO threads are immortal. MTO posters are immortal, even the ones who died and the ones who will die in the process, we all, we'll be here alive in resurrected threads. MTO is like no other forum of the known cyberuniverse. Here chaos is order of a second order. We joke seriously. We inhibit our inhibitions. We play. We laugh. We love. We live. You are in MTO? Forget your complexes, your super ego, your thanatos, your reality principle, your adult self, slave of anxiety, depression, loneliness. You are in The Playground. You are in psychotherapy. You are what you didn't dare to dream. Forget the outer Cosmos and do what you have to do. You are in MTO? Be MTO!

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:20:22 PM
MTO is alive. And it is unlike any other forum. People here have tolerance you will not find anywhere else. Breaking the rules of other forums is the unwritten rule here. And people enjoy it. Off topics, silly jokes, meaningless posts and threads, everything is a spring of joy, for all evergreen teenagers who come here to discuss their toys. What you'll find in other forums and rarely or almost never here is bad intentions, bullying, trolling, hate posts, racism, bragging (well, unless it's just for fun this one), exclusion and, for me at least, boredom. MTO is not rule driven, it is soul driven. MTO is not object centered, it is person centered. MTO is not about tools of steel, it is about hearts of gold. MTO is not about a specific hobby sector, it is universal, eternal, global and immortal. MTO threads are immortal. MTO posters are immortal, even the ones who died and the ones who will die in the process, we all, we'll be here alive in resurrected threads. MTO is like no other forum of the known cyberuniverse. Here chaos is order of a second order. We joke seriously. We inhibit our inhibitions. We play. We laugh. We love. We live. You are in MTO? Forget your complexes, your super ego, your thanatos, your reality principle, your adult self, slave of anxiety, depression, loneliness. You are in The Playground. You are in psychotherapy. You are what you didn't dare to dream. Forget the outer Cosmos and do what you have to do. You are in MTO? Be MTO!

HE LIVES!!!!  :D 8) :D 8) :D  :o
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 09:34:26 PM
See what I mean? 😎

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 12:53:43 AM
I'm very much appreciate the necros. I would have to spend hours and hours I don't have. I've only joined within the last two years. It's good history and some relevant info nonetheless. Not bashing the original post, just giving my couple cents.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 01:17:26 AM

What ^^ he said.
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 02:00:18 AM
Very well worded KK. :hatsoff:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:16 AM
I think it's neat seeing some of these old threads.  Many opinions, tastes in tools and carries change over the years (I know that's the case for me), so it's interesting.  I've seen posts I'd forgotten about from my early time here.  Also what kkokkolis said :salute:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

K-Tibbs

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 04:39:11 AM
Very well worded KK. :hatsoff:
I agree. And I appreciate the open dialog, I am not pointing out anyone in particular :drink: this is a great forum and everyone I have dealt with have been over the top helpfull and amazing. Seriously.

I agree, just because a post is old (sometimes mint chocolate chip oooolllllddddd) doesn't mean the information within is outdated.  :tu:

In fact, I am on page 10 of "the Mod Squad" currently and have booked marked a half a dozen for perusing later... I just didn't post in every single one  :rofl: I kid
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 04:21:13 PM

Best.  Post.  Ever.

Thanks for those amazing words- I am personally very glad that this place has worked out as well as it has.  There have been times where I was pulling my hair out, wondering why I ever got into this mess, or why I keep going every day.  I know this place is great, but to hear others thinking of it as highly as I do really means a lot to me.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline JP

Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 04:37:43 PM
It is a good place to browse while stuck on week long online conferences..... don't let my boss know

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 05:23:15 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:15:38 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 06:13:23 PM
Best.  Post.  Ever.

Thanks for those amazing words- I am personally very glad that this place has worked out as well as it has.  There have been times where I was pulling my hair out, wondering why I ever got into this mess, or why I keep going every day.  I know this place is great, but to hear others thinking of it as highly as I do really means a lot to me.

Def

What can I say?  Only that: I agree with Grant!

Seriously, I spoke de profoundis here. We all owe it to you, and the guys who support you in this.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 06:22:38 PM

Legitimately one of the best, or the best, posts ever. Well done.

I have to admit, at first all the necro-threads were annoying me. I would not realize they were from the stone-age and would think we were getting new software or the Skeletool was about to be released to the public :facepalm: but once I figured it out, I was fine :rofl: Now I mostly just enjoy looking at them. It definitely clutters up the subforums a bit, you just gotta look at the start date :tu:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 08:46:58 PM

Legitimately one of the best, or the best, posts ever. Well done.

I have to admit, at first all the necro-threads were annoying me. I would not realize they were from the stone-age and would think we were getting new software or the Skeletool was about to be released to the public :facepalm: but once I figured it out, I was fine :rofl: Now I mostly just enjoy looking at them. It definitely clutters up the subforums a bit, you just gotta look at the start date :tu:

Gotta keep you younger members on your toes :pok:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 05:28:48 PM
BUMP  :rofl:  This is for you kaput  :salute:.  While not quite 7 years I've bumped a few old old threads just now.  Figured I'd give this one a bump even tho my intention was to bump it in 7 years from the start of you starting it.   :popcorn: 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 07:26:05 PM
 :rofl:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 07:33:53 PM
 :whistle:

:popcorn:

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: March 25, 2020, 02:51:38 PM
and it is great to see that kk's post is still relevant to the forum today :tu: :like: :like:

I haven't necrothreaded in a while :think: May be time to go digging again :whistle: :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 03:10:06 PM
 :iagree:  That was a brilliant response by KK.  I got a little nostalgic.  There are some great threads buried so necro away Poncho. 
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 01:36:53 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD