Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Preon P1

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
New Preon P1
on: June 21, 2016, 02:51:42 PM
Ok, apart from that really stupid name (how on earth are we going to differentiate it from the old P1?) that looks like a decent light. Anyone got experience with the New P1?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:55:43 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: New Preon P1
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:48:25 PM
I've never been a big fan of the Preons because of the soft clicky spring.  They find a way of turning themselves on without my consent - at least that's my experience.  The Streamlight Micro Stream, for example, has a very stiff clicky that never self-activates.  You can even carry it in the pocket, and it never turns on by itself.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 03:59:06 PM
I've never been a big fan of the Preons because of the soft clicky spring.  They find a way of turning themselves on without my consent - at least that's my experience.  The Streamlight Micro Stream, for example, has a very stiff clicky that never self-activates.  You can even carry it in the pocket, and it never turns on by itself.
Weak clicky... no good :ahhh

Too bad, I like that it has such a nice voltage range (0.9-3V), so it takes alkaline and li-ion batteries.
The Streamlight Micro Stream looks good too, love the two-way clip.

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:18:23 PM
Never could get into the 4sevens lineup. Pricey and fiddly. Couldn't understand why they got all the hype? :think:

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 06:25:08 PM
They do make a twisty flavor, but the early ones were slick and not easy to twist (IMO).  So I gave up on them.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:08 PM
They do make a twisty flavor, but the early ones were slick and not easy to twist (IMO).  So I gave up on them.
I don't like twisties... you have to take them apart to turn them off, how can that be a good thing :think:

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 07:21:30 PM
I don't like twisties... you have to take them apart to turn them off, how can that be a good thing :think:

Also not a fan of twists. Had a couple initially, then quickly grew to dislike them. Now it's clicky or nothing.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 07:38:59 PM

Also not a fan of twists. Had a couple initially, then quickly grew to dislike them. Now it's clicky or nothing.
:salute:

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 07:39:52 PM
I have a few twist activation lights in the AAA realm and do not mind them at all. I rather have the twist actually as I never carry a tiny flashlight with the clip as they always walk out of my pocket. I carry my AAA lights just dropped into my pocket. Not so good if it's a clicky.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD