Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Svord Peasant Question

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Svord Peasant Question
on: June 27, 2016, 06:10:23 PM
A local knife shop as a bunch of the Svord Peasants for $10-15. I like them because they're inexpensive, and as I understand, of great quality. Plus they're made in New Zealand, not China.

Is there anything in them to keep the blade open?  These don't have backsprings.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Svord Peasant Question
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 06:24:41 PM
Your hand.
 :D :D

Basically, when open, the force you make on the cutting edge and your hand gripping the handle will keep it "locked".

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:47:12 PM
Yep,what he said! It's a friction folder. I've used mine at work for general box bashing and cutting. Because you need to keep pressure on the tang,it's a bit grip sensitive,but otherwise,two big thumbs up!
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 07:43:08 PM
Yep,what he said! It's a friction folder. I've used mine at work for general box bashing and cutting. Because you need to keep pressure on the tang,it's a bit grip sensitive,but otherwise,two big thumbs up!

General Box!
 :salute:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:23 PM

General Box!

:facepalm:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 07:48:58 PM

General Box!

:facepalm:

What can I say?...

Show content
:kirky:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 08:53:49 PM
What the others said, plus the Peasant/Mini Peasant line rocks!

I noticed a new blade shape for the Peasant line recently.
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:27 PM
A local knife shop as a bunch of the Svord Peasants for $10-15. I like them because they're inexpensive, and as I understand, of great quality. Plus they're made in New Zealand, not China.

Is there anything in them to keep the blade open?  These don't have backsprings.

I have to say, although I really like them they are not finished well, uneven grinds and the scales could do with some finishing off
Think of these as a part built knife kit and you will be happy with it  :salute:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:20:36 PM by Sparky415 »
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 05:24:19 AM
these knives do not get enough glowing reviews.  Great price.  Carbon steel that takes a wicked edge and the big plus that is rarely mentioned, it disassembles very easily for cleaning after used for game or fish processing.  I have a small and a large both in plastic handles

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 08:54:54 AM
Get only one and see if you like it first.
They look cool and feel good, but they're not for everybody: their fit&finish is lacking and the friction system makes it a bit insecure in hand... plus they are twice the length a slipjoint would be. I kindly got one from z-man GAW last year. It's cool and pretty and I won't pass it on, but it's really not my style...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 09:18:40 AM

:drool: What knife shop? Do they do mail order?
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:02 PM

Dude, you can find them on Amazon for like $12 - $13 shipped.  :pok: :D
I'm the milk man!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 05:44:47 PM
I'm the milk man!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 06:44:18 PM

Sweet!

:D :D

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 09:00:08 PM

Not seen a standard size Svord with a wooden handle under $28 on Amazon yet, unless you talking about mini's with plastic handles. Blek.

Okay, read some reviews, thew wooden handled ones aren't getting good reviews. Guess since they went to plastic the wooden handled issues went away - mass quantity over quality.
  It appears that the wooden handles are atrociously put together, not sanded, may not even be aligned. Guess one could buy the cheap plastic handles and make their own wooden ones - but are the screws the same size in both wood & plastic handled versions? Don't even know what screws those New Zealanders use - probably left-handed thread.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:13:03 PM by Xelkos »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 04:55:49 AM

Not seen a standard size Svord with a wooden handle under $28 on Amazon yet, unless you talking about mini's with plastic handles. Blek.

Okay, read some reviews, thew wooden handled ones aren't getting good reviews. Guess since they went to plastic the wooden handled issues went away - mass quantity over quality.
  It appears that the wooden handles are atrociously put together, not sanded, may not even be aligned. Guess one could buy the cheap plastic handles and make their own wooden ones - but are the screws the same size in both wood & plastic handled versions? Don't even know what screws those New Zealanders use - probably left-handed thread.
:rofl:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

au Offline harronek

Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 09:37:43 AM
It's a bit embarrassing to admit , but I was born and breed in New Zealand .
I remember when Svord first started and I have owned Svord knives of one kind or another for more years than I care to remember .
I only have two in my cupboard at the moment , a fixed blade that goes back close to the beginning and a plastic mini Peasant that I got a couple of years ago .
The quality of Svord has gone so far down hill it's a crime , but for the money that the new breed of Peasants sell for they are still a bargain .

Ken
A designer know he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add , but when there is nothing left to take away .

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%