Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lowe's LM Wave FAIL

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Re: Lowe's LM Wave FAIL
Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 08:17:23 AM
Crazy things I've seen while working Big Box Stores

Had a Cashier get caught scaming a store. He would print a gift recept for something he rang up for a coustomer, go to the store in the next town and grab one off thier shelf to "return"

I've seen a group of guys use the same receipt to walk PCs past the greeter over and over. They just handed it off in the parking lot and the next guy would come in and grab another one.

A guy pulled a dorm fridge out of its box, fill the fridge with sm electronics and otc drugs, then re pack and buy it.
 :whistle:

A woman tried to steel 10 plastic kid pools and was dumb enough to ask if the lawn&garden clerk had any twine.
 :twak:
One of the managers refused to claim out a wireless camera with no reciever. He cleranced it saying somone could just go to RadioShack and find a new "battery" for it.
 :facepalm:
He couldn't understand the difference...I tried, I really did....he just didn't get it
 :facepalm:
I'd be mad to buy a wireless security camera that was missing its proprietary reciever and I couldn't return or hook up any other way.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:28:28 AM by Noa Isumi »
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:41 AM
I'd be mad to buy a wireless security camera that was missing its proprietary reciever and I couldn't return or hook up any other way.

I recently bought a wireless mouse that was discounted because the usb receiver was missing.
Because it was the same brand (Logitech) as my other one which was malfunctioning (part of a combo with the keyboard), I knew I could download their software which allowed me to pair the new mouse to the old reciever. :)

us Offline gregpost

Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 07:27:44 PM
This is a very lowdown thing to do.

But it is also the result of having mega corporate stores with employees who don't know what the heck they're selling. A scammer probably couldn't do this to a mom and pop hardware store, which don't really exist anymore because of Lowes and Home Depot. It doesn't justify this awful behavior but the employees that work at these stores usually know nothing about what they're selling or accepting on returns and that in and of itself is sad. I remember the difference of going to Sears as a kid with my family and how knowledgable all the sales people were, they knew their department whether it was appliances or tools. Now you go to Sears and the employee in the store started working there recently and you tend to know more about what they're selling than they do.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:02 AM
why would they put an open item back on the shelf? thats a pretty crappy policy as well. also, you dont know if this was an employee somewhere along the shipping line or in store who did this, not always a customer.

Offline vadsoom

Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
Shameful, just shameful.

I accidentally walked out of a Kmart with a 9 volt battery in '89. I needed both hands to look at something else.  I found it when I got home, turned around and drove 45 minutes (an hour and a half round trip) back to the store to pay for it.... in a snow storm. The aggravation and nasty driving conditions were nothing compared to the lack of sleep I would have if I didn't make it right.

The clerk at the store thought I was nuts. Maybe so, but I sleep well.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 08:23:51 PM
Shameful, just shameful.

I accidentally walked out of a Kmart with a 9 volt battery in '89. I needed both hands to look at something else.  I found it when I got home, turned around and drove 45 minutes (an hour and a half round trip) back to the store to pay for it.... in a snow storm. The aggravation and nasty driving conditions were nothing compared to the lack of sleep I would have if I didn't make it right.

:like:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 08:47:39 PM
Shameful, just shameful.

I had a similar situation.  I was in a bar with a bunch of friends and went to the washroom before we left.  I had driven them all home before I realised I hadn't paid for my drink, so after everyone else was safely back home I went back to the bar to pay.  The bartender looked at e and said "Why didn't you just call and put it on a credit card?"

I looked at him and said "It's pronounced 'Thank you'" and left.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 11:00:32 PM

I looked at him and said "It's pronounced 'Thank you'" and left.

Def

Reminds me of my uncle who once placed an order for 2 drinks, and waited for 20min without result.

As he stood back up, he was immediatly halted by the bartender, saying that if he left without getting his order, he still had to pay.

He opened up his wallet, grabbed all the small change in one hand, yelled "keep the change!", and threw it all behind the counter.

Not in a lob by the way, but in a baseball manner.

Sound of coins hitting classes, tiles, wood etc throughout the place. :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD