Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bug out Bags

Megan · 27 · 1443

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Bug out Bags
on: July 15, 2016, 10:49:50 PM
It seems like everyone is into having bug out bags these days. It is actually trendy to be a prepper.

Do you have a bug out bag? Why or why not?
What's in yours? What should and shouldn't you put in them?
How many do you think a person needs and where?
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Bug out Bags
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:23:46 PM
Too much to list lol.. Carry a multitool/sak, flashlight and mini first aid kit..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:43:43 PM
I'm curious as to what people are preparing for, how many people is the B.O.B going to support and how long the is it supposed to support them for.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:46:42 PM by Gareth »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 11:48:20 PM
I used to have a go bag for work and in the winter I have a kit in case I get stuck somewhere in the car. Other than that there pretty much isn't a need for BOB in the UK
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 01:19:58 AM
We have trouble bags to throw in the car in case of wildfire/weather emergencies....lately they have devolved mostly into Save the SAKs bags..... :facepalm:

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

ca Offline Megan

• Marketing Maven
  • Administrator
  • No Life Club
  • Does your head look like a watermelon?
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:09:14 AM
But what are you actually putting in them?
And for what situations?

I'd love some suggestions.
-Megan
Would you like your review featured on http://Multitool.org? Do you have a suggestion to improve the forum or our sites?
Send me a message.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 02:49:59 AM
And for what situations?

I'd love some suggestions.

Ours is an assortment of bags and daypacks.  Not so much bug out bags but and relocation/extended stay bags with lots of junk I want/need to keep.

Stuff like:  An small ax/hatchet, Bacho Laplander saw, some season appropriate stuff like a thermal layer etc, choice of SAKs, Multitools, sharpeners a small 22 pistol w/ammo, Sawyer Mini water purifier, meds, ID/ important papers. hats, meds, personal hygiene gear, sewing kit, binoculars, firesteel/kit, LED lantern/lights, SW radios, scanners, batteries. Also fixed blade knives I like/want and will also include a couple of rifles that my Dad gave me. Extra prescription glasses. A book or two to read (including a pocket New Testament I received at graduation back in the 70's). A folding backpack stove and some other camping stuff if relocation means camping outdoors (due to some catastrophic event - but not expected).

We have bottled water/no refrigeration food/snacks that will go in separately.   We would be in a SUV/truck so all this is ok to carry.  So it's stuff to get by on/save or a few things to camp with if necessary.
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 05:01:59 AM
Get five people with "bug out bags" together, and you'll get about 13 answers to the question of "what shoudl be in your bag". And a least one person who resents being called a "prepper" or "survivalist", and another who thinks its all a global conspiracy. :P

And for what situations?

Bug out bags are even more personal than toothbrushes and multitools in terms of the number of people who you let handle yours. So when someone asks me that question, I always point out your BoB is not my BoB and what is in my BoB should not be mimicked without cause. So let's talk about what you mean by "bug out bag" and what do you think you need to have in it, instead.

First thing to consider is role, and to do that we need The Plan. The Plan is good. The Plan is light. The Plan is fast and ever evolving. With The Plan and no gear, you have a chance; without The Plan, you're at best a well supplied refugee and at worst a quickie mart for people who aren't above looting your corpse.

So, first up. Name 5 to 10 likely threats to you in your enviroment that would cause you to need a BoB. By likely, leave out aliens, godzilla and zombies.

Now, where is BoB going to be. Is he with you all the time or at least in your car? Or is he going to be at home. If the latter, maybe he needs a sidekick that enhances your EDC and lets you get home or shelter in place for a night (we'll call it the GHB)

Since we spend half our lives or more at the office, what is the plan for each of the threats in your spectrum if you are at work? Some you'll shelter in place, some you might go home. Some, well, if you're at work and Grant is at home, he's on his own because you are heading out to your bug out location from work- do you guys have a comms plan for that scenario? Remember, SMS goes through when nothing else does- if that isn't moving, the phone networks are down.

When you are home, what do you do for each of these threats. Do you bug in there? Do you bug out RIGHT NOW? Do you wait until first light and then bug if the threat does hit? Do you see signs of the threat and lead parade out of town?

If you are digging in at home, that's great! Shelter is covered, heat might vary but there are ways to deal with that. Don't need BoB unless you need to abandon that shelter for some reason- what are those reasons?

If you need to leave, where are you going? Your Bug Out Location will tell you about BoB. Pick one or two BoLs nearby- days hike or less on foot. Pick a longer distance one or two as well. Develop at least three routes to each. Determine what route-specific hazards there are- bridges, tunnels, traffic choke points, that kind of thing. Chem facilities. Rivers that might high. Find a way around each of them, and have connector routes to get to the alternate routes from your main route for each BoL. Plan on driving, be prepared to walk- how long will it take on foot?

Do the same 3+ routes to get home from work.

So that will give you The Plan. Never forget that Rule One of The Plan is if the problem can not be solved by The Plan, discard the stupid thing.

So now we can talk about BoB. Nice fellow, BoB.

First thing about BoB is that you need to be able to carry him. If he's bigger than you are, you're doing it wrong. So, back packs are pretty much a must unless you can not use one. Carts are highly thought of, but obviously problematic.

So what you put in BoB will vary. Meghan, I know you camp- that means you're already 80% of the way to a BoB. Whatever you'd take with you for a 3-5 day backpacking or canoe trip, stuffed in a backpack. Add thumb drive or four with  your files on them, cash, at least ten days (30 is better) of your personal meds. Scrips and doctor's notes about any medical conditions, along with photo copies of your passport and other ID. Spare batteries for anything that needs them. A spare set, by mission, of your EDC gear- knife, flashlight, multi, fire starter, etc. Cash. Yes, I mentioned that twice. I know you have dogs- spare leash, photo copies of their ID, and their pictures.

Your actual passport, birth certificate, more cash, and your licenses for any sensitive items you are carrying should stored where you can get them in RIGHT NOW. A waterproof carrier that can be added to your EDC is a must.

So where does your EDC go at night? Do you have pants where you can grab them and get out the door, snagging boots and the dog as you go? If not, next to or on top BoB should be a shopping back with street clothes and boots. Lets say one of your threats is chemical spell- it is the middle of the night and you need to be gone three minutes ago. Grab BoB, grab your clothes bag, the dog, and be GONE NOW, high ground and away from the release keeping in mind the wind. Change from PJs to real clothes once it is safe.

But until you have The Plan, BoB is just stuff. Protoplasm without will and only a little bit of organisation. Generate The Plan, and that will tell you what goes in your BoB, and if you need a GHB.

Ah, yes, I nearly orphaned BoB's little brother- that GHB gets you home from work, but it should have copies of some of your paper work and expand on your EDC because when that poor smurf sprays across out as a fine blue mist after hitting the fan, you GHB might have to step up in a big way and turn into a BoB at least as far as your near BOLS go. That is why my EDC ruck has copies of all my scrips and three days of my meds in it. Is your GHB your EDC pack, or a package you leave in your car or your desk and add to your EDC as needed?

Even if you have a GHB in the car or your EDC can double duty, can you stash a SAK, headlamp, some batteries, some food, blanket, walking shoes and a washup kit at your desk?

I know, sounds like a lot. Start small. Do NOT be that person who drops 3 grand on a BoB and stows it and forgets it. It is better to start small and build it up over time. So this weekend:
-Threat assessment.
-Identify BOLs
-Identify primary routes for work-to-home, work-to-close BOLs, home-to-close BOLs.
-photocopies of the paperwork
-Find a place by the door where your boots go EVERY DAY. If they aren't on your feet, that is where they are. Spare pair and some socks goes in your vehicle.
-Shake down your EDC- do you need a GHB? 

Additional reading:
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47168.0.html
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,37759.msg607032.html#msg607032

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 06:52:36 AM
Great response. 

My bag is pretty much packed like I'd would for a week vacation.  I include a second bag of "survival" items.  These items are lights, spare batteries, charger, etc.  I pack the "survival" stuff into a large canvas bag and the weeks vacation stuff goes into a 40L pack.  Both bags can easily be carried.  I will be getting a small hand truck to more easily haul them.   

I keep both bags in the garage near my camping gear.  I can easily grab that gear if uncertain as to where I'd evacuate to.  In my garage I also have food supplies and water along with my camp stoves.  All items can be quickly put into my vehicle and off I go.   

In my area we have wild fires that are our biggest threat.  Recently several thousand people were evacuated to a local school I believe.

Esse Quam Videri

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 07:10:51 AM
Idk if his will help, or if you can read them?
JR
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 257.56 KB)
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 178.65 KB)
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 150.42 KB)
image.jpeg
* image.jpeg (Filesize: 135.54 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 03:07:04 PM
Not a bug out bag exactly, but I do have supplies that would keep me comfortable away from home:

- Airline blanket
- Poncho and umbrella
- Small hygiene kit (wet wipes, mini toothbrush, mini toothpaste, disposable razor, mini bar of soap, microfiber towel)
- Charging cords and backup charger for my phone
- Water bottle with flavor packets
- Small first aid kit (AMK 2.0)
- Small survival kit (Doug Ritter kit with water bag added and scalpel blade removed - more about fire)
- Leatherman Wave
- Dry granola bars and nut packets (had to rethink this when we moved to the South, my Snickers bars melted)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 07:04:11 PM
Not a bug out bag exactly, but I do have supplies that would keep me comfortable away from home:

- Airline blanket
- Poncho and umbrella
- Small hygiene kit (wet wipes, mini toothbrush, mini toothpaste, disposable razor, mini bar of soap, microfiber towel)
- Small survival kit (Doug Ritter kit with water bag added and scalpel blade removed - more about fire)
- Leatherman Wave
- Dry granola bars and nut packets (had to rethink this when we moved to the South, my Snickers bars melted)

The Doug Ritter kit is great :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 02:32:33 AM
The Doug Ritter kit is great :tu:

Yes it is, I was very active over on the ETS forum when he introduced it. But in a two ways I find it inferior to AMK's SOL Scout kit.

First, the pouch DR PSP, like all zipper bags, can fail and it is not readily noticable. That being said, I like AMK's zip pouches and I do use them, but I always put duct tape over the opening edge to improve water resistance. The Scout comes in a mini dry bag- I have a first gen one and a recently made one, both of which passed my test of being filled with bird shot, sealed and tossed into a five gallon bucket of water and forgotten for two days, at least. Some things have been in the bucket for a week before I remembered they were in there, but these only got two days. No moisture penetration, which can't be said for the zipper pouches. I also find the PSP's pouch to be not as open to expansion, but it is a little smaller.

Secondly, the PSP lacks shelter. As far as I know, the SOL is the only quality pocket sized kit with a shelter component, in the form of the Heatsheet. It's a simple matter to add a Heatsheet to another pocket with the PSP, but I do find it to be a big advantage to have everything in one package.

That being said, there are no directions with the Scout other than what are printed on the Heatsheet, which is kinda stupid in my not very humble opinion. Solution is easy- print the information card from the PSP off from the website. Fold it up, add it.

There are also possible short coming with it's whistle vs the Fox 40 Micro, but I find I can toot the AMK Howler with a lot less lung power needed than I can the Fox even though isn't as loud.

Both have the fishing kit, which I think is a waste of time and space. I have theories about it, all of which can be summed up with "take it out, put something better in".

John D McCann has a kit which is virtually identical to the PSP that he has in a couple of different configurations on his website as well. And GearPods has something that is pretty much the same kit as well, and I like their information card better than the PSP's actually.

Any of those, plus good shoes, weather appropriate clothing, a smallish FAK and a decent EDC makes the core of a GHB, honestly. That would be the lazy way to do it.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 03:54:23 AM

- Airline blanket
- Poncho and umbrella
- Leatherman Wave

Nice list but I will not hold your umbrella :pok:

:D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 03:56:47 AM
Some good ideas in here for sure :tu: I have a backpack with a few things in it but no real BOB I guess :think: I like to be prepared for things but I guess I just haven't taken that step yet :D I am always looking at my surrounding thinking what could be used in the event of a catastrophe though :cheers:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 05:52:54 AM
I'll be honest, I'm a bit lasissez faire about my "BoB" - my daily crap is probably good up to 72 hours, and make that 144 if I've got my car.

So, your floods, bushfires, and other minor natural disasters I can either wait out, or keep myself sustained until I can get to the next town etc that isn't cut off or majorly affected.

Your bigger events, odds are I'll be involved one way or another, and assuming my country has not gone entirely bananas, I'll have access to all the cached food, water, and equipment that the Freemasons have set by for such times.

I don't really expect to have to go fishing to survive, so that sort of thing doesn't interest me.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but it seems to me that folk where I live are just generally "more prepared" than those I see on TV in Prepper shows etc. Maybe it comes from being in a spacious country with small, and geographically isolated "Cities", or maybe I just associate with the camping/4wding crowd, and they're a more pragmatic sort of people*.

*Pragmatism seems to vary with budget. The more cash someone has to spend on their adventure gear, the less practical they seem.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 11:26:48 AM
Rule 1,  Don't bug out unless or until you don't have a choice. You would be abandoning a familiar location, friends and neighbors who could help you, and of course, all of your stuff except for the limited amount that you can pack in or on a vehicle, or carry. It is better to shelter in place for as long as your supplies hold out or as long as it remains safe to do so.

Rule 2, If you have to bug out don't hesitate and don't panic.  You must have prearranged rendezvous points to meet friends or family, rest and wait for stragglers, refuel, etc., and prearrange with a relative out of the area to receive calls and pass along messages.  You must have a location to bug out to as wandering aimlessly will rarely improve your situation. Having a bug out location also means you can pre-position supplies at that location. If possible go in a different direction than the majority so you don't get stuck in the mass exodus such as the evacuation of Houston in 2005. http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/8-years-ago-seemingly-all-of-Houston-evacuated-4839142.php
You should have practice bug outs every so often, so you know what to pack and how everything will fit in the car.

Rule 3, At least plan in advance what you should bring even if you can't pack in advance.  In this order, people, pets, money and credit cards, valuables and heirlooms, important documents and photos.  I suggest a video montage of your home and belongings to help make your insurance claim if your home is destroyed, and I suggest a backup file on a USB stick of everything on your computer so you can plug and play when the disaster is over and the insurance buys you a new computer.

Rule 4, refer to Rule1.

A bug out bag usually is set up to support you independently for at least 3 days.  That means all of your food, water, shelter, safety and security, and comfort items including first aid supplies, medications, toiletries and hygiene items in that bag or in or on your vehicle.  If you will be involved in any cleanup and recovery efforts you will need to include tools, boots and gloves.  Everything else mentioned by everyone else is pretty common stuff and you can pick and choose what you can carry and what you will really use. I also recommend a portable, folding solar panel, and a battery pack that can be rapid charged by the panel to keep your electronics operational. examples: https://www.amazon.com/ALLPOWERS-Technology-Smartphone-Blackberry-Notebooks/dp/B00RFCVR62?tag=vs-outdoors-convert-amazon-20 and https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-23000mAh-Portable-Charger-External/dp/B00HFMUBYG/ref=pd_bxgy_147_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4FHWZE5TNDM14D4AZNSS

us Offline Pacu

Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 04:26:02 AM
gatorade, magnesium fire starter, granola bars, space blanket, Ruger mark 3 with ammo, first aid kit, iodine water purifier, gloves, paracord, sak, nalgene 2 quart bottle, slingshot, bandanna or two, tube tent, emergency poncho, and calorie ration bricks are some of the things i keep in my 5.11 rush 72. 
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 04:58:29 AM
gatorade, magnesium fire starter, granola bars, space blanket, Ruger mark 3 with ammo, first aid kit, iodine water purifier, gloves, paracord, sak, nalgene 2 quart bottle, slingshot, bandanna or two, tube tent, emergency Poncho, and calorie ration bricks are some of the things i keep in my 5.11 rush 72.

I am glad you are thinking of me Pacu :salute:

:rofl: Sorry but that never gets old to me :facepalm: :whistle: :D

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 01:19:41 PM
Hi All

I have a festering need for a BOB, the urge has gotten a bit better after I moved, my previous flat was on the edge of town and the temptation to walk off into the yonder strong some days......

I've gathered most of what I "need", but I have 2 major problems:

1.  I cannot afford to duplicate some items, and there are some that I use on a regular basis.  If not complete at all times, is it a true BOB?

2. If (some would say "when") they break into my place, it would be a humongous loss in one easy to carry package just waiting for them......I don't have anywhere to secure the BOB.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 08:31:37 PM
Hi All

I have a festering need for a BOB, the urge has gotten a bit better after I moved, my previous flat was on the edge of town and the temptation to walk off into the yonder strong some days......

I've gathered most of what I "need", but I have 2 major problems:

1.  I cannot afford to duplicate some items, and there are some that I use on a regular basis.  If not complete at all times, is it a true BOB?

2. If (some would say "when") they break into my place, it would be a humongous loss in one easy to carry package just waiting for them......I don't have anywhere to secure the BOB.

If a break in is indeed iminnent then I would probably separate the BOB into smaller bags that can be thrown quickly into a bigger bag. That way they can be places in several areas of your place and still be quickly accessible :salute:

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:23 PM
Living in urban Northern California and for most of my life working 40-80 miles away from home, my only real focus has been a get-home-bag (GHB) in the trunk of the car.  I do have plenty of gear at home should I need to bail out due to earthquakes, etc.

The GHB supplemented by what's also in the car (jackets/vests, water, duct tape, hats, rope) will carry me over for 2-3 days and allow me to migrate home. Yes, it has the requisite knives, flashlights, and multitool, but I also carry basic survival gear such as a whistle, compass, GPS, first aid, phone charging capability, fire-starting capability, TP, face masks, goggles, poncho, tube tent, and emergency sleeping bag,  I've never had to use the survival items, but have used the extra clothes and toiletries on numerous occasions.  The survival items are all stored in a fishing multi-compartment waist pack which can be worn separately, is kept in an over-the-shoulder bag (from some conference years ago) with the extra clothes and toiletries.

If I had to walk away from the car at any point to get home, I'd wear the waist pack and put on the over-the-shoulder and walk away. And I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to do this...but I'm covered...   :ahhh
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 10:22:08 PM
Living in urban Northern California and for most of my life working 40-80 miles away from home, my only real focus has been a get-home-bag (GHB) in the trunk of the car.  I do have plenty of gear at home should I need to bail out due to earthquakes, etc.

The GHB supplemented by what's also in the car (jackets/vests, water, duct tape, hats, rope) will carry me over for 2-3 days and allow me to migrate home. Yes, it has the requisite knives, flashlights, and multitool, but I also carry basic survival gear such as a whistle, compass, GPS, first aid, phone charging capability, fire-starting capability, TP, face masks, goggles, poncho, tube tent, and emergency sleeping bag,  I've never had to use the survival items, but have used the extra clothes and toiletries on numerous occasions.  The survival items are all stored in a fishing multi-compartment waist pack which can be worn separately, is kept in an over-the-shoulder bag (from some conference years ago) with the extra clothes and toiletries.

If I had to walk away from the car at any point to get home, I'd wear the waist pack and put on the over-the-shoulder and walk away. And I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to do this...but I'm covered...   :ahhh

I work that far away from work and farther so I think I may put a bag like this together as well :think: :tu:

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 05:16:44 AM
If I had to walk away from the car at any point to get home, I'd wear the waist pack and put on the over-the-shoulder and walk away. And I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to do this...but I'm covered...

Done it twice (almost 3 times, but she made it on half cylinders one time)

Given that it was "middle of nowhere" situation not "world war III" I took water, a hat, a sleeping bag, food, and cash.

* Walkabout.jpg (Filesize: 17.97 KB)

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 06:18:34 AM
If I had to walk away from the car at any point to get home, I'd wear the waist pack and put on the over-the-shoulder and walk away. And I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to do this...but I'm covered...

Given that it was "middle of nowhere" situation not "world war III" I took water, a hat, a sleeping bag, food, and cash.
I kinda remember that day. I drove past you and took a picture!
IMG_2879.JPG
* IMG_2879.JPG (Filesize: 80.49 KB)

gb Offline Weasel

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 04:20:56 PM

I kinda remember that day. I drove past you and took a picture!
Haha I watched wolf creek 2 the other night
Weasel

au Offline Gohard

• Leatherman fanatic!!
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 04:44:23 PM
Another one who picked up on it. Wondered who would?? 
Crazy fella.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD