Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MP600 dismantling

us Offline ZoeTooCute

MP600 dismantling
on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:31 PM
So, I've been sitting here trying for quite awhile now to remove the pins keeping all the little tools attached to the mp600 body and I just cannot figure it out... I watched that youtube video about hacking a gerber and the guy used some crazy ass tool I've never seen or heard of before There's gotta be an easier way.... right? I'm confident i can remove the plier head, its just the tools im struggling with. I don't have a spare mp600 nor do i have the money to afford another gerber just to destroy it to make the tool i need. Is this a tool that might be laying around a house or something that will work...
   Pliers definetly are not working for me, I've tried for nearly an hour and have done nothing but scratch the crap out of the black out paint. Any help is appreciated... thanks!

I'm hoping to mod my mp600 into my own personal "perfect for me" EDC tool. I already have the mp600 and a PCMT to start with as soon as im able to disassemble the darn thing.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: MP600 dismantling
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 10:15:52 PM
Try heating up the pin with a lighter to break the loctite (thread lock) loose. A good pair of pliers should do the trick. Also only one side turns the other side is keyed (opposite  of the blade) into the handle.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:17:31 PM by SteveC »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 11:15:23 PM
Try heating up the pin with a lighter to break the loctite (thread lock) loose. A good pair of pliers should do the trick. Also only one side turns the other side is keyed (opposite  of the blade) into the handle.

This. You are probably trying to turn the wrong one.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 02:21:19 AM
I for one am very excited to see your Paul Chen-MP600 Hybrid.

I know exactly which video you watched and i thought the same thing when I watched it before I really started modding. My solution was to use brute force and a SOG Pocket PowerPlier with compound leverage pliers... but heating with a lighter and using regular pliers should work just fine (as mentioned above).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:22:22 AM by sLaughterMed »
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 02:40:28 AM
Was it the one where the guy uses a lens wrench? I actually have one of those, and it does work. Though it's not as robust as a set of pliers.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 03:28:55 AM
I used a set of small locking pliers to clamp on to the screw, and that made it pretty easy. Good luck
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 03:45:04 AM
:popcorn:

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 03:53:04 AM
After heating the pivot a bit to get the locktite loose, I had no problems dismantling an MP400 using the pliers on another 400. Looking forward to see what you have in mind for your 600. :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%