Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pokemon Go.

Chako · 105 · 4127

Offline Australia

Pokemon Go.
Reply #60 on: July 31, 2016, 01:31:01 PM
[IMG]

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Re: Pokemon Go.
Reply #61 on: August 01, 2016, 09:10:44 AM
 :rofl:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #62 on: August 01, 2016, 02:06:08 PM
Heard on the radio this morning that Pokemon Go's terms of service, wherein the user agrees to allow them to collect data from the user's phone from just before you turn the Pokemon Go app on until just after you have turned it off, is a violation of Florida's Fair Use and Practices Act and some guy who was worried about what data they might have access to or be collecting is suing them.

Because they are already violating the act they may have to stop the game in Florida.

Makes sense to me seeing as there's a law to protect consumers and they are already violating it.  I mean, what if the last thing you did before opening the app was online banking then they would have that information.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #63 on: August 01, 2016, 03:01:22 PM
Heard on the radio this morning that Pokemon Go's terms of service, wherein the user agrees to allow them to collect data from the user's phone from just before you turn the Pokemon Go app on until just after you have turned it off, is a violation of Florida's Fair Use and Practices Act and some guy who was worried about what data they might have access to or be collecting is suing them.

Because they are already violating the act they may have to stop the game in Florida.

Makes sense to me seeing as there's a law to protect consumers and they are already violating it.  I mean, what if the last thing you did before opening the app was online banking then they would have that information.

I was curious and tried to Google this, but no matter the keywords I try there's nothing coming up in the news. What kind of radio show was it?
I expected there would be a lot of fearmongering nonsense from the media (there has) and people trying to get rich off someone else's success with frivolous lawsuits (wait for it, never fails) so it isn't surprising. But I would like to note that 99.9% of news outlets are garbage and do no research, and I know very well from personal experience and the funneling of insider info that very few radio DJs can be trusted. They'll lie to make you interested in their show, or "prank" you because that isn't at all played out on the radio  ::)

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #64 on: August 15, 2016, 11:39:01 PM
  Since the cheaters got banned and lost their 5K monsters some gyms have had more reasonable critters for battle. Was cruising by the local park and was a level 10 critter there, but he was a Mystic. So I couldn't challenge him being of the same team and all. Well, met this guy in the park and he was Pokemon'ing too and he just cashed out his critter and that was what was left of him after someone beat the snot out of it.
  The guy gave me some tips and tricks about the game. Then some girls drove by and killed his critter in one hit. So we went over and I walloped their 647 Vaporian with my 847 version evolved from an Evee, I coudln;t even see what they heck I was doing as the battle was in the upper left of my smartphone and I don't have the camera on. Anyhow, mine beat hers. First victory!
  Should the Gollem I have in place live past the next 23 hours I can collect coins and stuff, and did get a small meager reward for capturing the gym. I left a 420CP critter there for kicks. I might want to tackle another gym with my water critter another time. :D
Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-17-08.jpg
* Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-17-08.jpg (Filesize: 84.06 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #65 on: August 15, 2016, 11:41:17 PM
Oohh I want one of those!

Reply #66 on: August 15, 2016, 11:45:50 PM
  Here's my current crew. The other fella says theyy host outing for the neighborhood kids and such, and throw out lures all day and whatnot. Guess they have a facebook group page I might check out. The guy even said he's lost 50 pounds playing this game while his car is in the shop.
Screenshot_2016-08-15-15-40-59.jpg
* Screenshot_2016-08-15-15-40-59.jpg (Filesize: 110.98 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: August 16, 2016, 12:10:27 AM
I play it... :whistle:
Well, just pay attention to the bears, they can't be captured by a pokeball :salute:
The closest thing I've seen that looks like a bear, is this guy (Image removed from quote.)

Snorelax?!?

:woohoo:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline styx

Reply #68 on: August 16, 2016, 07:42:03 AM
  Here's my current crew. The other fella says theyy host outing for the neighborhood kids and such, and throw out lures all day and whatnot. Guess they have a facebook group page I might check out. The guy even said he's lost 50 pounds playing this game while his car is in the shop.

losing that much weight doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the person was morbidly obese to start with
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Reply #69 on: August 16, 2016, 10:19:27 AM
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #70 on: August 16, 2016, 10:20:50 AM
  As I figured, Rock N Rolla didn't fare long. He was but a pebble in the gutter when I went back after work. Weaning him back to health though.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #71 on: August 29, 2016, 09:15:44 AM
  So far have only had 2 gym wins, and currently at level 14.

Saw this shadowy critter on radar, didn't think I'd see it. Long lost lil puppy and nearly extreme range for capture. About 9 Super Pokeballs were used, game said was more. :shrug: This is what a Vulpix can evolve to, a Ninetails. :D
Screenshot_2016-08-29-00-55-29.jpg
* Screenshot_2016-08-29-00-55-29.jpg (Filesize: 56.78 KB)
¬ Outback in Idaho

hr Offline styx

Reply #72 on: August 29, 2016, 10:42:01 AM
i can't believe that 16 years later i have to understand the mechanics of pokemon yet again :fp:

ok players, i do not know anything about this game and since the organization where i volunteer will start a new season of reading to sick kids, i have some questions. a small disclaimer, we don't just read bedtime stories to kids and games are allowed.
can you password protect lures in some way or put a "do not open 'till'" limit on them? that way we could give kids a once a week event
are lured pokemon in any way connected to the level of player who set 'em? i'm lazy and i don't wanna play it, just do my admin stuff

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

Reply #73 on: August 29, 2016, 07:17:44 PM
  Have no idea. To me it's more of a collection game. Like a scavenger hunt so to speak. Guess some beat up others to win gyms, or battle with their own team to train their critters up more.

Lures. Go to a Pokestop and there's this white (  ) area above the Pokestop. Clicking on that empty area to use a lure, and that lure is good for 30 minutes. No Pokestop nearby, can't use the lures. But... you can use incense to put on Pokemon Perfume to sort of entice the shy ones, and the common trash, to come by.

Can't password protect Lures, Incense, or Pokeballs. Can't trade yet either unless I've missed that too. You can buy items for your account through Google, and use whatever funds you have available through Google or a credit card to buy more gear with. Most will want to upgrade their pack, think 1,000 is maximum? And increase the Pokedex (storage upgrade).

The more incubators you have the more you can hatch at once, although I don't know how many eggs you can have going at once. You get a basic incubator with unlimited uses, and I've had two others going off tat I acquired through leveling up. They are all gone now and I'm down to basic one.

Can't trade, yet. Is a rumor this may be in the works, so you could capture critters now and help the kiddos later by being Mr. Nice Sytx. :D

Go to gyms to battle the other team, and I think more that one player can join in (if on the same team) to beat up the others. So, again, it be nice if everyone picks the same team, there are only 3.

Am still learning. The best way to find out about the game is to load it up, go to a park with a bunch of other local PokeTrainers are, and get the old man doesn't know what he's doing treatment. You'll be the hit of party, old man. :rofl:  Then you can go to Walmart and exchange Pokestories with the local wildlife.

I'd turn the AF video off, but that's up to you. You might end up finding Picachu following you if you don't turn it off. :rofl:

Oh, and if you run out of Pokeballs you may see a shadow of a critter you don't know what is, or Picachu will come buy to stare at you like a squirrel thinking you're a nut. That, old man, is the game trying to get you to buy Pokeballs.
¬ Outback in Idaho

no Offline Grathr

Reply #74 on: August 29, 2016, 07:50:43 PM
I play it with my son (5).
Its a brilliant way of teaching him all kinds of things.
Firstly we dont walk around staring at the screen. I just hold the phone in my hand as we walk, and everytime a pokemon appears the phone gives a buzz, and I let him catch it.
We walk, talk and look around around us. Today we found a snake (real, not pokemon)  for instance. Great fun!
We train at crossing the main road at the crossings. We talk about pokemons ofcourse, wich also teach him to differenciate between the good ones and bad ones, wich is a great way to learn the difference between high and low numbers.
We collect and hatch eggs, wich is great for teaching him about distances, and giving him a "feel" of how long different distances are.
We fight, and loose mostly, at gyms. Teaching him how he cant always win, but still have fun, and how sweet that victory feels after many losses.
It teaches him the value of points and resources and how to best spend them. (Low on pokeballs= prioritate wich pokemons to catch and to "work" to get more pokeballs by going to pokestops)

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

hr Offline styx

Reply #75 on: August 29, 2016, 08:12:46 PM
well i'll have to see what can be done about it but thanks

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #76 on: August 29, 2016, 08:14:39 PM
Err still not seeing any good in this app and this from today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37183161
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #77 on: August 29, 2016, 10:24:03 PM
Err still not seeing any good in this app and this from today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37183161

The game does try to remind you not to trespass, play while driving and look out for yourself but i guess people will always be stupid...

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #78 on: August 29, 2016, 10:29:50 PM

The game does try to remind you not to trespass, play while driving and look out for yourself but i guess people will always be stupid...

Doesn't appear to be a cure for stoopid yet :/
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline mrynnr

• SAK Addict
  • No Life Club
Reply #79 on: August 30, 2016, 04:50:50 AM
Don't forget if you win gyms and able to add a Pokemon of your own in there, to collect your coins. You can only collect once a day. So get as many gyms as you can before you collect. I haven't had to use real money. :)

Reply #80 on: September 04, 2016, 06:43:51 AM
  Few captures and hatchings. The ostrich must of followed me from Vale, OR other day.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #81 on: September 04, 2016, 06:46:39 AM
  You can assist gyms once you get something that will last, otherwise you'll be reviving it shortly after placing it. 3 people can support a gym.

Found out recently to save up your candies, then enough critters to evolve. Use a lucky egg for experience bonus, then go evolve masses of critters and reap the leveling. Heard this is especially important in higher levels as leveling-up get worse.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #82 on: September 06, 2016, 06:54:16 AM
  Was run out of a park this evening for sitting in my car grabbing Pokestops. Was out of Pokeballs... Police ran me, let me go, said you PokeMongrels need to do this stuff in the daytime. Said, but officer, I work days. Tough luck, parks are closed after dark. I'm being oppressed by the man! :rofl:

Felt like a juvenile delinquent tonight. :ahhh
¬ Outback in Idaho

Reply #83 on: September 09, 2016, 11:30:18 AM
  Is someone going to have a Pokemon Go Plus contest?  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

hr Offline styx

Reply #84 on: September 09, 2016, 12:58:56 PM
forgot to post this yesterday. i noticed that some places here advertise they are pokestops. one place has a big pikachu sticker near the entrance. and that thing is about 1,5 meters tall. the name of the place is Bikers beer factory. it's a bar and going by the name you could imagine who makes up a lot of their clients

Reply #85 on: September 09, 2016, 06:17:00 PM
forgot to post this yesterday. i noticed that some places here advertise they are pokestops. one place has a big pikachu sticker near the entrance. and that thing is about 1,5 meters tall. the name of the place is Bikers beer factory. it's a bar and going by the name you could imagine who makes up a lot of their clients

:pok: :worthless:  :cheers:  :D
¬ Outback in Idaho

hr Offline styx

Reply #86 on: September 09, 2016, 08:25:54 PM
well it will get me out of the flat

Reply #87 on: September 09, 2016, 09:25:59 PM
well it will get me out of the flat

If not  :MTO: Pokemon Go will get you out walking.  >:D All you have to do is download it, try it out, it is FREE. Then you can become One of Us:assimilate:
¬ Outback in Idaho

hr Offline styx

Reply #88 on: September 09, 2016, 09:50:45 PM
unless it serves a higher purpose, not happening. i meant taking that picture

Reply #89 on: September 09, 2016, 11:22:51 PM
unless it serves a higher purpose, not happening. i meant taking that picture

Chicks are into guys that search for Pokemon, more so when you use the video and they are in the photo.

Or try things from the wild side: Hold still lil miss, I'm getting a Pikachu.  :rofl:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:28:55 PM by Outback in Idaho »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%